What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor in Scotland ??

B

Bourach

aye man, My grow partner will be able to dry it at his house. His missus doesn't want him to grow anything there but doesn't mind us drying it there. So thankfully that base is covered

e2a: we have a DR60 and a DR120 to dry in and a carbon filter so stealth is sorted too.

rocket high

Veteran
Good to see people are planting out now ... but the weather isnae helping matters much at all

what a crap day today 8c and nothing but rain all day it makes me worry about my shit clay plant beds ...they might fill with water !!!...well the new ones will that i haven't tested ,so it might go tits up for the new holes but we'll see when i get down there at the weekend what state they're actually in.

Here's a pic from last weekend

picture.php

B

Bourach

That one's enjoying the wee bit of sunshine its got mate! Hope your plants are ok when you check em at the weekend too.

Aye we've had nothing but rain and cold weather too, daytime temps have been about 11c all week and night times been down to 2c bbbrrrrrrrrr. I'm so glad I put my cloches on now, utilise every but of warmth from the sun that we get. I'll try get a couple of pics when I plant another 8 out tomorrow or Saturday.

Pray for sun and warmth folks

B

Bourach

Well I went and did a bit more planting this evening and I was quite please with the plants I put out already. The weather has been cold and basically shite with not much sun and there is still a marked difference in them.

Heres some pics

rocket high

Veteran
Nice Bourach It looks neat and tidy :)
i don't use cloches myself i just let them suffer from the off ,just to let them them know what they're gonna be in for.

i hope this rain fucks off before damaging water logging begins .... ... :(

Last edited:

JGP

Looking good guys

Went out this morning and planted a few out, picked the right day as the sun was shining first thing, hope it stays sunny :)

Attachments

• DSC01788.jpg
    DSC01788.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC01791.jpg
    DSC01791.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 11
B

Bourach

Cheers Rocket High, maybe I could have done without the cloches but with being relatively new to this outdoor malarky I'm maybe being a bit over cautious lol

That looks like a right nice spot JGP mate, nice and open! Good luck bro

I've woke up to a dry day with the sun blazing down through blue sky's all round, about bloody time too! Was fucking baltic last night though, it must have been close to freezing here.

rocket high

Veteran
Yep very nice day today the suns splitting , this weathers mental just like last year really , i could do with this sun to last another 3 days to get the soil to a moisture level thats acceptable because its soggy as fu*k in the east coast right now ....

good work fellow growers
rocket -nice healthy lookin plant good luk with em
bourach - lookin good man ,maybe a wee bit close together ? take it yer removin the males should make some space?
jgp -nice1 m8 that looks so like my site !!

good luk to you all

B

Bourach

Rocket High i hope the sun stays out for ya but I've a feeling if the forecasts are right that were going to be back to rain soon, fingers crossed though mate.

Cheers Smokinweedgi, aye I have over planted on purpose so once the males have been weeded out I've still got a good chance of having decent plant numbers at each plot.

Budpreacher man, the wildlife protection is the main threat at these sites so I've got to be as safe as I can get. I'm glad I put the slug pellets down though, after all that rain it's fair brought the slugs out. Theres dead slugs every where so at least I know the pellets work.

rocket high

Veteran
A late update ... but better late than never.

There was a couple of mouse attacks that have happened in the 3 -4 plant cages i think it's 6 in total but none have been touched in the single plant cages so i think thats a little adjustment i have to make for next year. TBH its a bit gutting but i have reinforcements ready to go out this weekend ..hopefully they might get some sun from the off but i doubt it looking at the weather forecast for next week.....when does bloody summer start ?

There seems to be a Phosphorous deficiency going on. I think it's because the soil is too wet and cold, causing a lockout but i could be wrong , i might just need to add more bone meal ... others have other deficiencies but im sure its the soggy soil causing this .

Heres a few pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

B

Bourach

Shame about the mice Rocket High, but the rest are looking pretty nice especially considering the weather we've been having! TBH I never thought about the threat of mice to our plants, defo something to consider.

The plants I've put out are looking healthy enough but they have not grown at all, don't expect much growth until we have a decent rise in temps and sun.

Fingers crossed eh.

bdiddly1

i have grown grapefruit,easy sativa&purple maroc outdoor in the central belt,the purple maroc yielded most&the grapefruit the least,they were quite leafy but nice buds still.

JGP

Rocket your right with the damp cold soil causing nute lock out, it happens and theres pretty much fuck all we can do about it apart from pray for better weather.

even greenhouse plants have hardly grown in the past 2 weeks the weathers been so overcast and cold.. and theres possible frost tonight... far from ideal that is for sure

rixxy24

scotland is a very wet country and if its not raining its damp
even in mid summer its very rare to get a full week without a heavy rain storm
and the lack of good sunlight for any extended period rules out most strains

Greenhouse will work! Had a few lowryder2's in Scotland son nay trouble. Greenhouse is a must but size is your choice.:blowbubbles:

rixxy24

Aha just posted that a greenhouse will be cool, no probs lol before id seen the guy with failing growth in his (:):