What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor in Scotland ??

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
remove the damaged areas of the plants. tuesday seems like the best harvest day. dont harvest the plants wet.

we had our summer last week here in denmark and your shitty weather is going here now so im pretty much in your situation. well we had 4-5 days of summer, not only one. summer here means day temos over 25 censius.

best harvest wishes!

JGP

Thinking about harvesting my Purple Powers early as there was a little bud rot on one of them when I checked a couple of days ago, previously there was no sign of any, I think there about 2 weeks off. It's been incredibly misty with rain today & the forecast for the week ahead looks pretty dismal, I'm really not sure if they can handle it a little longer? what would you do? love some advice please, here's the forecast for my area for the week ahead.

weather.PNG

attachment.php

I grew Purple Power last year and most were ready for chop around mid october.I would visit them often and remove any mouldy bits to stop it spreading.

yanupnorth

Thanks for the advice guys, all the mould was removed last time I visited, they're such a hike to get to so I can't check them daily just weekly really. Will see how things are tomorrow forecast wise as it's never accurate for the week, it's no where near as humid now it's just really windy with no rain atm. Yep you guys in Denmark get a proper summer ours is a half arsed poor excuse for a summer, oh well at least I don't have to water them like some folk.

Really appreciate the genetics esbe :thank you: , hope to get a little advice on new additions for next year - will pop over to the HFH forum and ask away sometime soon, hope you don't mind. I have a few of your HFH (minature series) out too which are totally mould free so far, gonna leave them longer though I think. I messed up, I planted them out later on without breaking the clayie soil up for them as I was getting attacked by midges left, right & center - I just plonked them in the compact clay & ran lol there were hundreds of the buggers after my blood, I looked like a teenager with a bad case of acne when I got home. The roots are basically confined to a small pot size ball, they look so stunning but I keep thinking if only I'd spent 10 mins breaking that bloody soil up around each of you you'd be 10x the size, oh well next time. I've enjoyed marveling at your grow updates on the HFH forum it's an obsession of mine, they're swaying me to try White Super 07 for next year & a couple more I'm not sure on yet.

rocket high

Veteran
Good stuff yanupnorth, Esbens genetics are the bomb ,they've done well im my crap soil and weather.... not got a bad word to say about them .

Heres a update from yesterday ...the wind stopped me from getting good pictures,sorry.

The last GGxDP (pheno 2) had been chopped she was 50%amber-50%cloudy so it was the perfect time for harvest. There was 2 small spots of mold so im over the moon about that ,the down side is she hasn't got a a lot of seeds on her even tho daddy was 5ft away , i expected more but thats life huh .The F2'S should be a knock out im going to plant a lot of them next year to see if i get a Superior pheno to match pheno 2 of this year.
Cant wait .

The Thredra is looking like a very good contender big and fat ....she's been pollinated by the EG/MMXGG X ERD/PURT male so i have high hopes for the offspring of this one. The rest look like they have a month to go.

I suspected the deer would be snooping about and i was right they ate 4-5 leafs off my unknown strain ...they wont eat the cola's so they must have learn't a lesson from eating my auto's ..they don't like being stoned thank god. I hope they remember that for next year.

Here's the pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MJBadger

Veteran
Rocket , i keep looking at your unknown & keep thinking Erd/purt in there somewhere , i bet if esbe were there smelling the bugger he`d tell you .

Fingers x`d for all of you , the lot of you deserve a result .

yanupnorth

Well impressed with the plants rockethigh looks like you got quite a bit of bud on the cut GG x Danish passion, overall which fared best for you? I thought mine were doing well due to their height etc but after harvest one looks like it's a good 4 weeks off & the other looks about 3 weeks off being anywhere near ready, looked like neither had grown at all in the last week, not much on them at all really. No more dutch genetics for me, way too late up north, noticed the ones I'd topped were further behind than the one I left so no more butchering them next year, let them grow as they want.

Hoots

Excellent stuff Rocket High!

That GGxDanish passion looks really sticky, great to take her to finish-superb.

Others look good, the last week here has had daytime temps of 6-7c so I hope your getting it warmer.

Enjoy your harvest smoke:jump:

rocket high

Veteran
@ RudeDog & smokinweedgi

Cheers guys ......the support has been appreciated ...roll on next year :)

Rocket , i keep looking at your unknown & keep thinking Erd/purt in there somewhere , i bet if esbe were there smelling the bugger he`d tell you .

Fingers x`d for all of you , the lot of you deserve a result .

Its deffo one of my Erd/purt cross's.she hasnt come to much as i havent fed her for a month but might get a couple of J's out of it in the end .

Well impressed with the plants rockethigh looks like you got quite a bit of bud on the cut GG x Danish passion, overall which fared best for you? I thought mine were doing well due to their height etc but after harvest one looks like it's a good 4 weeks off & the other looks about 3 weeks off being anywhere near ready, looked like neither had grown at all in the last week, not much on them at all really. No more dutch genetics for me, way too late up north, noticed the ones I'd topped were further behind than the one I left so no more butchering them next year, let them grow as they want.

Yep the GGxDP is the standout for early finishing/yeild and it's also a really good smoke .. i do like this strain a lot .... the rest of them are 3 weeks off from the chop ...mold will be the decider i suppose.

Excellent stuff Rocket High!

That GGxDanish passion looks really sticky, great to take her to finish-superb.

Others look good, the last week here has had daytime temps of 6-7c so I hope your getting it warmer.

Enjoy your harvest smoke

Cheers Hoots ... it was sticky stuff indeed and a bloody good hit to boot :jump:...im deffo running this strain next year along with a few new strains to open up the selection a bit more.

Cold weather is here to stay it seems ..so im not expecting too much from my remaining plants ...i'll plant earlier next year ;)

Hoots

^ Jock and the beanstalk :)
:laughing:

An unintended cross between a himalyan landrace, Garwhali Jungli, and a few unsseen male preflowers on a Mandala#1.

I only grew them as I loved the jungli mother so much. Can't beleive how well they have done.

A month to late I think, but I am hoping I have found another himalyan male from a slightly diffirent area that started flowering a month and a half sooner.

Only one has shown a few hermi signs the rest are fine here and so are the cuttings I took flowering inside.

Hopefully with some newblood I can breed out any hermi tendencies as they seem very happy to grow here!

No other plant up here, even in sheltered gardens grows this tall in a year, just amazing.
:)

MJBadger

Veteran
You Scots lads with plants still out had better check your weather forecast , a couple of days time cold artic winds/snow/heavy frosts .

rocket high

Veteran
Tell me about it MJB.. its pissed it all day today - 10.c with a wind chill of 5c that's not what i need to get them to finish.
They could do another 2 weeks so I might risk it.
I chopped the little B3/N7XE X HP2 due to a little mold creeping in and the TxP X HP2 also but the seeds are formed ready for drying... here's some pics for ya

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Hoots

Great photos Rocket.

Cold here too, brings out some lovely colours in the plants though.

Your mystery plant is looking beautiful, I had wondered if erdpurt would grow here so it will be good to see how she does.

I'm thinking it will be quite sad when the last of the plants go and winter comes in. Still, not long till next season tho!

Have a good one.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
happy to see you got some fast flowering on arne! beautiful input rocket bro!

Latest posts

Latest posts