What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st coco grow. Fantasmo express and fast & vast

JROCKIN

My first grow in CoCo happened about 2 years ago but I'm just now doing a diary as I lost my old account info where I started all my grow journals. So I bought a 2x4x6 tent and 600w air cooled setup. Started out with 4 plants in 3gal smart pots. All autos from various breeders. Jack herrer auto from greenhouse seeds, northern lights auto from pyramid, Fantasmo express from mephisto, and fast and vast from heavyweight seeds. Well 4 was too many for my space once they got big and I do mean BIG!! all 4 of them shot up to 3-4 ft monster bushes and I had to give 2 of them away. I gave the 2 biggest one away NL and JH. I did this because I wanted my first harvest ASAP so I kept the 2 I thought would finish fastest, FE and F&V. Even though they got off to a bad start due to me being told I had to run cal mag in coco they looked terrible when they were young until I learned calmag wasn't necessary and dropped it from my mix in favor ofor Epsom salt. So in case anyone is wondering, yes you can have a very good and bountiful harvest from just 6/9 GH micro and bloom and epsom!! In just 3 short months I had 14oz of premium buds!! By the time they were a month old I built a drip system and was doing multi feeds at about 1.8 EC and 5.8 pH. Flushed 2 final weeks. I did absolutely no training to these plants as the online hype about auto not being able to take much stress scared me away from the idea. I soon learned that was a myth, at least with a healthy growing vigorous plant I don't think you can slow them down much. Although I must say even though on my future grows I did increase yield (I've gotten as much as 18oz from 2 plants out of my tent!!) This first grow was my best quality as far as flavor and aroma go. I'm not 100% sure why though. My thoughts are that first grow was started and finished in the winter months meaning humidity was low 20-30%. Also that first grow had the simplest nute regimine, on my following grows I started adding pro-tekt and H2O2 but I really doubt those 2 things killed my terps. I just read you want high cal for term production and I almost killed that grow when they were young with calmag so maybe I had enough built up in the coco to carry me to the end high in cal??? I didn't know much about harvesting that first run and it still turned out FIRE!! I hung the whole plant in a makeshift drying tent till stems snapped (5-7 days) and dry trimmed then jarred it. My future grows I followed Simons method with hygrometers and my quality went downhill. Almost every harvest since has smelled like hay even tho I slowed my drying time down to 10-14 days and had the proper RH in my jars for months!! I tried wet trimming and dry trimming with the same result and I still don't have a definitive answer as to what happened. So if anyone has ideas I'm all ears. I'm finally done with all my auto seeds and am 4 weeks into flower on my first ever indoor photo period grow and it's looking and smelling amazing in there! I'm currently running seeds that came from amazing bud I was told is death star and a freebie of thc pro. Although the DS is known as a real stinker the thc pro seems the stankiest of the 2. I'm really hoping for a dank harvest I'm so tired of smoking hay!! Well that's enough for one post. I'll be back with anymore details I remember plus all my other grows I've done since this amazing first grow including a couple of outdoor coco grows. Ive ran all the strains mentioned earlier at least once plus one I haven't mentioned and that is crop king seeds dwarf low flyer. Let me tell you that DLF Is amazing!! And I didn't have high expectations for it so I was blown away!! I only ordered it because my original seed order from single seed center was delayed multiple times and I had a brand new grow tent sitting there with no seeds. So I was looking for the fastest flowering seeds I could find and a seller That accepted paypal. Holy shit DLF produced 6-8oz plants of amazing purple buds.
More to come thanks for reading!!

JROCKIN

I guess I better give a smoke report on what I've grown. My first grow I gave away 2 huge plants one NL auto and one JH auto and the guy I gave them to didn't know shut and didn't listen to my advice so the buds he gave me to try looked amazing and yield over 8oZ a plant they smelled like hay. But the 2 I kept 1 FE and 1 f&v were amazing each one yielded 7oz! FE was a colorful fruity smelling satiate Dom with a more indica high that was my wife's favorite. The F&V was my favorite it was lime green with a skunky, cat piss, burnt plastic smell with the best high I've ever had. It was very thought inducing and I was always coming up with good ideas and creative thought. I'm an industrial maintenance tech so it was awesome work smoke. Although when I tried growing it again u got very different results. F&V came out brown and purple the next run with horrible flavor and aroma so bad I'm still sitting on 12oz that I can't smoke because it tastes so weird I can't even explain it

JROCKIN

I also tries running FE 2 more times after the first. I had 2 seeds of it left after my first grow and one seed never germs and the other seed was a runt giving me no smokable bud. So I order 2 more seeds and just harvested that grow before the grow I'm doing currently. One plant gave me real thin air buds I think because it started to yellow when it started flowering so I added extra N to that plant by using floralicious plus at 1ml per gal. The other plant was healthy and yielded nice frosty buds that's been in jars at 62% RH for 5 months and barely smells like weed at all. But it smokes ok.that run was 5g maxi bloom per gal. I really want to figure out whyy first grow was the only stank grow I've had. And when I look back at my pics of that grow knowing what I know now, I can't belive I harvested anything!

Latest posts

Latest posts