What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see your frostiest bud!! part 2

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fb
picture.php

meizzwang

Holy grail kush x Kosher Tangie. It looks, grows, and smells exactly like holy grail kush: earthy, maybe slightly lemony...just delicious! Notice the buds in the background for comparison, that's a different strain:
50474063146_661cd9e711_c.jpg

Another pic of Holy Grail Kush x Kosher Tangie:
50473369358_f35d73d40f_c.jpg

GG4(DHN cut) x Strawberry cookies. Have you ever smelled burning magnesium? Well, add some fuel to that with a hint of sweetness and that's what fresh buds from this individual smells like!
50474191742_51c7abcd8f_c.jpg

50474183582_8ac32cb956_c.jpg

eyesdownchronic

Holy grail kush x Kosher Tangie. It looks, grows, and smells exactly like holy grail kush: earthy, maybe slightly lemony...just delicious! Notice the buds in the background for comparison, that's a different strain:
View Image

Another pic of Holy Grail Kush x Kosher Tangie:
View Image

GG4(DHN cut) x Strawberry cookies. Have you ever smelled burning magnesium? Well, add some fuel to that with a hint of sweetness and that's what fresh buds from this individual smells like!
View Image

View Image

that looks like some kosher alright !

therevverend

Veteran
Decided to try Hammer's Flashbang!! outdoors this year. I suspected it wouldn't like the climate here and I was right. I'll be honest. It wasn't vigorous, had a terrible form, low yielding, and had absolutely no resistance to powdery mildew and boytritis. The branches were very short and grew tight up against the plant and the leaves grew so fat and thick only the very top and a few outer branches got any light. I was constantly de-leafing her and trying to tie the branches out away from the plant but it didn't do much good. It meandered into flowering slowly and inconsistently. The top was nearly done while the lower part was hardly flowering. Even the seeds were annoying, tricky to germinate because the shells were as thick and hard as coconuts. Despite all that it produced some of the best flowers in my garden. (the ones that actually finished and weren't coated in PM or rotten from boytritis) The smell is divine, the frost is extremely thick. I can't wait to sample one. Might be my frostiest bud.

picture.php

picture.php

Probably needed another week but by then it would have been a wad of grey sludge. Sort of the Eddie Stanky of cannabis plants, not that anyone is going to get that analogy these days. 'Can't run, can't hit, throws like a girl, all it can do is get you really baked.' I'd like to see it in a dry hot climate, it reminds me of CSI Humboldt's Burkle, Deep Chunk, and some of the other Afghan type short, thick leaved, super frosted hashplants. These strains developed stem rot long before they began to flower. In a dry climate the Burkle and the Flashbang especially would likely produce huge pineapple buds.

When I was going through my pictures I confused my Black Cherry Garlic pictures with my Flashbang!! ones. It's in the same category of total frost.

picture.php

picture.php

88g13hp

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Decided to try Hammer's Flashbang!! outdoors this year. I suspected it wouldn't like the climate here and I was right. I'll be honest. It wasn't vigorous, had a terrible form, low yielding, and had absolutely no resistance to powdery mildew and boytritis. The branches were very short and grew tight up against the plant and the leaves grew so fat and thick only the very top and a few outer branches got any light. I was constantly de-leafing her and trying to tie the branches out away from the plant but it didn't do much good. It meandered into flowering slowly and inconsistently. The top was nearly done while the lower part was hardly flowering. Even the seeds were annoying, tricky to germinate because the shells were as thick and hard as coconuts. Despite all that it produced some of the best flowers in my garden. (the ones that actually finished and weren't coated in PM or rotten from boytritis) The smell is divine, the frost is extremely thick. I can't wait to sample one. Might be my frostiest bud.

View Image

View Image

Probably needed another week but by then it would have been a wad of grey sludge. Sort of the Eddie Stanky of cannabis plants, not that anyone is going to get that analogy these days. 'Can't run, can't hit, throws like a girl, all it can do is get you really baked.' I'd like to see it in a dry hot climate, it reminds me of CSI Humboldt's Burkle, Deep Chunk, and some of the other Afghan type short, thick leaved, super frosted hashplants. These strains developed stem rot long before they began to flower. In a dry climate the Burkle and the Flashbang especially would likely produce huge pineapple buds.

When I was going through my pictures I confused my Black Cherry Garlic pictures with my Flashbang!! ones. It's in the same category of total frost.

View Image

View Image

88g13hp

View Image

How many did you grow outdoor?. I know at least 1 tester grew outdoor, they didn't report any PM/rot issues. I def work hard to make sure what I release has no issues as best I can. I'm an indoor grower so I have to rely on testers to report any issues. I'm glad you got good smoke in the end. The structures I got are very different than yours. I got 3 different phenos. None were like an Afghan. I guess yours would be a 4th Pheno.. My albums are open for all to see. Here are the 3 phenos. All super tasty. I never had any potency tests done on these. Id guess none under 22%.

This 1 was all pine in terps.
picture.php

This 1 was the Keeper Grizz found. All Chem/Gas. He made Flash glue with this
picture.php

This is my FB keeper. She has a sour Bubblegum aroma.
picture.php

picture.php

This is the mom. Im gonna toss her into flower. It was time to start a new mom
picture.php

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
How many did you grow outdoor?. I know at least 1 tester grew outdoor, they didn't report any PM/rot issues.
I only had one so I wouldn't assume it's traits are typical for the strain. It wouldn't be bad if it was typical because the flowers were wonderful and they were still a week from finish. Here's some pictures of the entire plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

You can see in the last picture the unnatural lighting and sickly look the plant had during the smokeageddon. Since then it's turned almost completely purple. Reached 6.5 to 7 feet high. You can see why it didn't grow quickly or get bigger, it spent a lot of energy growing those thick leaves and branches. You can see in the last picture how I tied the branches out away from the plant. It doesn't look like it but I did a lot of branch and leaf removal to open it up. I like this sort of hashplant structure, plants with this growth pattern are usually very potent and tasty.

You can see why it was susceptible to the mold, the tight nodes and stocky structure resulted in the flowers retaining lots of moisture and it took a long time for them to dry out. Sopping wet flowers are going to rot no matter what kind of resistance a plant has. Especially when the nugs are super dense and frosty. For the same reason the PM was able to gain a foothold, light wasn't reaching the plant because of the fog and smoke and when it did it was blotted out from the plant's interior.

It's likely the tester that reported no issues with mold or mildew was growing in a normal outdoor environment. Mine was horrible this year. It was wet in June and July causing the growth of a lot of vegetation which fed a slug epidemic resulting in stem rot and girdling in July and August. Then humidity was above 80% because of the fog and smoke from mid September to early October. It was probably the worst year I've seen. Everybody's crops rotted. The Flashbang wasn't the only plant with issues but it really struggled. That last picture above really sticks out. The unnatural purple color, you can see it dripping with moisture even though it was late in the afternoon. It was never the same.

I'd like to see what it could do indoors or outdoors on the dry side of the state. It might have the potential to produce a decent second harvest. After the main tips are harvested the secondary growth could put out another run of flowers once it gets exposed to light. I don't think it would ever hold up well in a coastal or maritime climate. Not just the shape of the plant and density of the flowers and high resin content but the smell reminds me of other strains that don't like getting sogged for very long. That doesn't mean it's has to be grown in a desert, only that I wouldn't want it to stay soaked through for more then a couple of days near harvest. But you can say that about most strains.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow look how long some of those petioles are. I'm super curious if she does that indoor. She might do better with a good defoliation to let air circulate into her interior better?..

Tynehead Tom

Did you make the beans or are those some I passed out?

Hey Smokin Joe
Those are the beans I made last summer or summer before? They were in my grow diaries in the greenhouse. The female was #3 and the male used was the male I dubbed ripsaw due to it's typical double serrations on all the leaves. I think I gave some to sixgunjustice and one of my brothers so they aren't circulating very far. I thought maybe i sent you some? can't remember. I felt bad for him as all he had grown from seed was from the rip off artists at crop king and the like. I have "known" him for several years on a canadian forum unrelated to cannabis. Anyhow.....

I'm keeping everything in house now and not releasing any more work. I have become fully licensed and legal now so am switching gears to try and focus on getting into the craft cannabis market here at home.

cheers
tt

here's some shots of the Darlin's Net #3T that is the mother of the beans i made. Looks like it was greenhouse 2017. Looking for pics of the male.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
Wow look how long some of those petioles are. I'm super curious if she does that indoor. She might do better with a good defoliation to let air circulate into her interior better?..
Yeah I'd love to see her indoors. A buddy took some cuts not sure if they took. She's the type to produce big top colas. The earlier pictures were from right before a defoliation, to show how bushy she was. Every time I did she shot up 6 inches.

Guava Wookie

picture.php

Snow Queen

picture.php

picture.php

88g13hp g13 pheno

picture.php