What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

toronto raids

diffusing

some more deatails.. 90 people arrested at 43 dispensaries, 186 charges laid

269 kilos of dried marijuana seized, 30 kilos of hash, plus a massive amount of edibles: 142 kilos of cookies, 129 kilos of candies

71 criminal charges - mostly trafficking or possession for the purpose of trafficking - were laid in total.

https://twitter.com/ChrisAReynolds is following it live..

Tynehead Tom

This is Canada's new trudeau appointed marijuana czar , Bill Blair at work .
As Toronto's top cop for years, it should come as no surprise to us that he is eager and ready to persecute and prosecute Canadians in his old back yard, using and possessing cannabis.
didn't his boss say they were legalizing ? ya right, just a outright lie to get elected.
I hope Canada's judges shoot this shit down in court.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
This is disgusting! The dirty pigs enjoying a few last easy raids! Soon they will have to fight real crime, which I am sure Toronto has plenty of. Get to work boys, real work.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I understand a government sponsored store front is already open..... I'm sure that's just a K-weekie-dink ( coincidence).....good luck my Friends

Perpetual Nooch

This is Canada's new trudeau appointed marijuana czar , Bill Blair at work .
As Toronto's top cop for years, it should come as no surprise to us that he is eager and ready to persecute and prosecute Canadians in his old back yard, using and possessing cannabis.
didn't his boss say they were legalizing ? ya right, just a outright lie to get elected.
I hope Canada's judges shoot this shit down in court.

Hmm, could be but I think John Tory has more to do with it.

It's always risky opening up these kinds of shops before the laws are clear.

CoCoSativas

The shops weren't in line 100% with the government's interests so they shut them down an charged them.

I will say with legalization coming why not wait until then...

I have a close friend in that general direction I hope all is well with him I'll have to call tomorrow and make sure

Limeygreen

Veteran
The piece I read from Bill Blair was that he has lots of faith in the LP system with their regulations etc and he feels like the dispensaries are reckless, endangering the public and youth. So he is basically being supported by LPs and trying to serve their interests rather than be sensible. If he thinks about it, dispensaries could sell LP products along side with licensed growers if they make the laws that way, then watch and see which sells better and tests better, I know I don't want to smoke intercept or avid.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find it hard to believe Blair wasn't involved. If he wasn't party to the decision making, he was at the table in one form or another.

The reasoning to do this now rather than later? It's good business. From the LP's perspective, revenue was slipping away as dispensary sales and openings boomed, spreading East. Regulation was the final straw (Van and Port Alberni, Vic is drafting as are other municipalities). Claudia was concieved on the day Van council decided to move forward.

They couldn't strike Van, but they could stop the spread. I'd wager westerners will get the stiffer cane, followed by locals importing.

And depending how this goes PR wise, crackdowns may spread West.

Like every other industry in Canada, they're allowing top players to dictate policy and write regulation in return for more fat on the bone.

Same game we all play, but the pieces are bigger and the dealer can flip the table when ever the fuck he wants to.

Remember when gambling was a crime? Lotteries were illegal? Neither do I. What's my point? It provides us a framework for today. Why decriminalize it? Because everyone did it, and those that didn't were A-OK with others doing it, as it didn't harm anyone (the act of gambling).

Harm (violence, social, etc) landed at the feet of the people running the network, the criminal element.

Open a book if you want to see how the story ends.

Rest assured, it's all fair now that the government took control for the peoples sake.

Dig deep. Real fuckin' deep.

Anyone catch a reference to computers or files siezed?

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
This is disgusting! The dirty pigs enjoying a few last easy raids! Soon they will have to fight real crime, which I am sure Toronto has plenty of. Get to work boys, real work.

THIS!

Fucking pussies - easier to manhandle some stoners than actually risk getting hurt stopping REAL crimes. TO cops are almost on par with New Orleans cops - stupid, mean & corrupt as hell.

Biggest hash slinging gang in S. Ontario are/were TO cops. Fuckers would rip off dealers & then sell it themselves. Perfect biz model - use your badge to rob a crook & then use that same badge to out-crook the crooks.

I'm not buying the "legalization is bullshit" line - I do believe JT is moving towards it, but his weed czar, Blair, is a POS Toronto cop, and I wouldn't trust that rat with anything. Blair doesn't give a fuck about us or weed, he's just scoring some fat pension checks (see Julian Fantino as another example).

Time will tell, but I'm putting my faith in it happening - 100% better chance of it that if that fucking asshole, Harper, were still in. That POS would have made it legal years ago if his oil company bosses had been able to pump hash oil out of the ground.

Perpetual Nooch

If there weren't similar raids all across the country then that's a pretty good indication that this was a municipal action. After all Tory was in the news just recently bitching about the dispensaries.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
I am very unhappy Bill Blair is the guy in charge of legalization, almost any other Liberal MP would have been better. However from the things mayor John Tory has said and done, this was clearly an action by the municipal level of government, led by the mayor.
That shithead Bill Blair has implied he supports enforcing the laws until changed. If anything he made Tory feel more comfortable with the idea of robbing dispensaries. Tory told the police to crack down on dispensaries in a letter to the Toronto police. I can't believe Toronto actually voted for this guy, all the sensible people in TO forget to vote or something?

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
...and Scarborough voted Bill Blair in, so the GTA can only blame itself for letting these boneheads lead. I voted Liberal, but fuck Bill Blair! Fuck John Tory too.

diffusing

on a diff note, i heard the other day that at least 4 Toronto dispensaries were robbed at gunpoint in the last couple weeks... and at one of those incidents a gunshot went off...

nothing about it in the news.. which is pretty odd... and just before this raid crap went down.

another interesting thing is that lift conference at the convention center is going on this weekend. would be interesting to see if people after the raids are as brazen there as there were at the TY ones... cuz i imagine at least some of the dispensaries that weren't included in the raids for whatever reason, will have booths there... and out themselves.. wonder if MM is chopping his bud there today after that shit? probably. lol

but 270kg of weed off the "street" is a pretty good haul. suspect pricing will be going up pretty damn quick around toronto. most of the new dispensaries dont even pretend to be legit medical.. they just selling to anyone that can make it to the shop and cough once..