What's new

Buds too dry. Best way to correct?

stucrew

Hi guys. I harvested and put the branches in the drying rack. After a few days I am trying to cut the buds off the branches but they are falling apart alot. What can I do to re-hydrate them so they don't fall apart. I don't understand what happened. They were extremely sticky and lush when I harvested 10 days ago. I would have cut the buds off sooner but I've been waiting for the stems to break correctly

mr.brunch

Veteran
You could try placing the branches themselves in containers/ large jars overnight- sometimes this can even out any remaining moisture in the centre through the bud.

Maybe too dry for that, but worth a try.

Should still smoke ok though :)

Ready4

Veteran
If, after bagging it, it is still too dry ( wait a day to see if moisture in stems re-hydrates) you can take some moist wadded up pieces of paper towel or toilet paper and disperse throughout.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Buds may feel dry, but actually be fit for a cure. Trim and
jar the product and you'll know in a couple hours if your buds
will cure.

If they not too dry, above 55%, you'll likely be okay.

Good luck and keep us posted, we're all counting on you.

O

OG Tree Grower

If I over dry by accident I put it in Rubbermaid containers with a few big branches or wet leaves. Seems if you use distilled water it leaves a taste that wasn't there before

rockymountainJ

Obviously your in a location with low rh, I can't leave mine on the rack for more than 3 days max. Then to jars, burped ect.. just have to make ajustments. Like og said, fresh leaves, branches, or a few fresh cut nugs will rehydrate.... without giving strange flavors. I prefer nugs!! Cheers

BrainSellz

Veteran
if it's not too much you can breath into your jars before putting the lid on to help re-moisten. however over dried bud doesn't really seems to get its taste and smell all the way back. I could be wrong though maybe someone else has had a better experience with it.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
When realy over dry.d you can put a fresh fan leaf ore 2 in your jar. It will moister back you bud a bit. Just leave it for 24 hours.

It wont bring back the smell ore flaavor that is lost. But will make it smoke a bit bettter again.

If you don't have a bunch of fresh fan leaves then use distilled or ro water. Put the buds in a plastic storage tote, put a bowl of sopping wet paper towels at the bottom (I use 3per 18gallon tote) and put the lid on. 12-24 hours should be enough to get the texture back. You may need a little longer but once the moisture starts to come back it all happens pretty quick and if you over moisten you'll lose more smell. Once overdried you already lost some good smells but you can still have good buds overall, just not perfect. Good luck. The bóveda packs work but you'll need a handful of big ones so if you can get em asap and want to spend a few bucks it's a good option.

stim

has anyone ever used a hot dog bun in the bag? I know it's an old orange peel fuckery trick to add weight LOL ROFL

mr.brunch

Veteran
A friend used lettuce leaves, not sure how it went - my ol grandad used to use a bit of potato peel to re- moisten dry tobacco....

Mick

Veteran
A bit of banana peel in a sealed container with your herb works great. Overnight is usually enough.

stucrew

Thanks everybody for the ideas of what to do. I tried the fresh leaves in one jar and tried damp paper towels in the other jars. Both worked. The buds went from being brittle to being close to normal. Been curing and the smell is good. Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Latest posts