What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~30% white hairs, trichomes already showing a few ambers?

getbuck

Hi yall,

I have a bubblegum and a few Kosher Kush's in my tent, this week is 9th week of 12/12. BG is supposedly a 8,5 week strain and the kosher is 9-10 week.

The bubblegum is showing around 30% white hairs, and when looking at the trichs there seems to be a lot of clear/milky ones, some milky ones and a few ambers.

Question is, do I wait till all the hairs are brown/red? I'm not in a hurry, but thought that I'd start watching the trichs when most of the hairs have turned. Took a peek and was suprised to see a few amber ones in there.

The Koshers are a bit behind but saw 1 or 2 ambers in them as well.

I'm thinking a 1 - 1.5 weeks more for the BG and ~2 weeks for the kosher.

Like I said, I'm not in a hurry and don't want to chop too early, trichs just suprised me thats all...

Your input is appreciated!
:canabis:

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
take a sample nug now, then wait on the rest. that way ya can see exactly how ya like each plant, some people like to chop sooner, some like to chop later. if ya like more sleepy effect then i say wait , if ya like more uppity high then chop sooner. tastes and effects change the longer ya wait . running plants from seed always adds time to flower time so i say wait till the caylaxes swell, then sample or chop

getbuck

Bubblegum (8,5 week strain), started week 10 of 12/12:
https://anonimag.es/image/wOh
https://anonimag.es/image/wOs

Kosher kush (9-10 week strain), started week 10 of 12/12:
https://anonimag.es/image/wOz
https://anonimag.es/image/wO0

Trichomes are mostly cloudy/clear with just a few ambers/red showing on all plants. Looks like the bubblegum will take a bit longer to mature than expected (probably due to deficiencies in mid flower that made me up the nutrients)

Looks like I'm close to harvest yes? I'm thinking all of them will come down next week. What do you say Icmag?

getbuck

they are getting close I would give it some time as they will frost up and gain mass.

What makes you think that? To me they seem to be in their very final stages where the budmass or frosting does not increase, but the trichs are maturing or "cooking".

stim

triches ambering is not a process of the plant. Anyone who tests their flowers could quantifiably prove that yes triches develop as the plant matures. the trichomes amber due to exposure to light and oxygen, time etc. watch the greenhouse seed co videos with them lab testing each week and you would see a quantifiable increase in triches until the plant is fully matured. Those plant are yet to senescence which will add substantial weight and triches. what makes you think they aren't growing triches??? I've never heard tat one we might as well cut everything early then
What makes you think that? To me they seem to be in their very final stages where the budmass or frosting does not increase, but the trichs are maturing or "cooking".

getbuck

triches ambering is not a process of the plant. Anyone who tests their flowers could quantifiably prove that yes triches develop as the plant matures. the trichomes amber due to exposure to light and oxygen, time etc. watch the greenhouse seed co videos with them lab testing each week and you would see a quantifiable increase in triches until the plant is fully matured. Those plant are yet to senescence which will add substantial weight and triches. what makes you think they aren't growing triches??? I've never heard tat one we might as well cut everything early then

I was under the impression that trichs amber because the THC production has peaked, as in clear = little THC, cloudy = peak THC, amber = THC turning to CBN. What signs do you look for in a plant to make sure it is in senescence? Swollen calyxes and cloudy trichs with a few ambers are the signs I'm looking at for a complete and mature harvest. I guess I thought that the plant stops pushing out new trichs and starts to concentrate on pushing the cannabinoids in them in late flower. Not in a hurry to cut, only looking for info on the best time!

stim

the triches amber because of decarboxylation because of their age and exposure to air and heat etc. he senescence period of a plant is the leaves changing color in the fall. Assuming you are flushing you should see he leaves start to suck out yellow or other colors depending on the temp of your room. It is nice to see some leaves yellow before chop so you know the plant is on board with you. The sugars the plan consumes are used as food and when the plant is being fed it produces thc. Caution however as the plant will grow frustrated by the lack of pollination and throw bananas in an effort to save itself thru seed. I guess I am/was just trying to say if you are in flush wait for the leaves to turn because it's only going to benefit you one as an indicator of flush and two because your crop will benefit. If you see those cloudy triches like you described and some leaves yellowing ut you are in the zone. Thanks good luck get buck!

Latest posts

Latest posts