What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolombia IceHash + Gold moroccan

D

DankeyKong

Hey guys i bought i a camera and i'm learning how to take good photos so i'm uploading some here and making a smoke report:

Gold moroccan:
picture.php

Chocolombia IceHash:
picture.php

picture.php

Smoke report:

Moroccan:
This moroccan hash is basically prenssed kief (what some call pollen hash), in that case it's made basically of tricomes.

Very powerfull skunk smell and very very soft while burning as for the taste it's a maroccan pollen hash so there isn't much but just a smooth tone of skunk at the exhale that one in special is very potent smoke giving a good uplifting high.

(I know the farmers who make this hash so i know the entire process, they use just good tricomes with the right net choosen specifically for their strain)

If i had to give a note 7/10

Chocolombia IceHash:That one is something really special, colombians masterized the ice hash technique, it's very soft hash with very citrus-fruity smell something like strawberries mixed with tangerine, while burning it's extremely flavorful leaving a very strong "berry-ice" at the tongue, as for the high it's extremely powerful the kind of smoke with THC content of 60%+ very stoney but at the same time very sativa (i think it's a mix since the farmer use different strains for making this ice hash)...

That one is made by a good friend farmer here in Colombia he runs an operation at the mountains where is very cold so the cannabis produced by him is top shelf quality and he use premier genetics that i forneced to him some of them being Cinderella99 from Grimm's Brothers and Road Kill Skunk.

Hope you guys liked the photos and the report, i'm open to suggestions.

Cheers :tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Nice looking stuff, nice pics!

The Morrocan could actually be a mixture of traditional Morrocan plants and Pakistanis or only paki plants, cause traditional Morrocan hash isn't very skunky,imo, it's kinda minty and floral.

But i smoked some Rifman hash from coffeeshop Tweede Kamer in Amsterdam last Nov. and it was skunky and with an uplifting effect(Sharazade Sunrise), but quite different to trad. Morrocan. It looked quite like your piece but it was little darker.
...same plants, later harvest time for the Rifman Sharaz Sunrise??

Enjoy!
:)

D

DankeyKong

Probabily Goat,

Actually we (me and my friends) call it moroccan because of the technique used but it's propabily a mix os paki and moroccan strains.

Very skunky smell

D

DankeyKong

Basically the this moroccan hash is kief collected through a special mm micron net, that collect just the good pollen (resin), after that they press it in blocks of 250g at least from the supplier that i bought...

Normally moroccan hash have mixture of pine resin with cinammon resin and massala's mix but that one in case is pure leaving just the real skunkness of the plant used to make it.

NotYourSaviour

Beautiful looking dry sift and ice-o-lator there, DankeyKong!

Was wondering about why Morocco started to ship their hashish to Colombia(not unthinkable at all but never heard about it yet. Sure there are always exceptions everywhere or small imports)this was before you corrected yourself;)!

D

DankeyKong

@NotYourSaviour

Well there isn't much moroccan in colombia indeed since the farmers here started to use the same technique as moroccan farmers making it.

I still think that moroccan hash is kind of B smoke i mean when compared to ice there isn't much competition

dezman

Hi!
About the morrocan. Is it made in colombia? Or brought from morroco. I never thought morrocan hash could travel that far.
Anyways morrocan hash nowadays its a mix of dutch hybrids (critical,skunk...) not kiff,not even paki anymore. Potency just got better and price stays the same

GoatCheese

Veteran
Anyways morrocan hash nowadays its a mix of dutch hybrids (critical,skunk...) not kiff,not even paki anymore. Potency just got better and price stays the same

Not true.
Sure they grow western hybrids in Morroco, but also traditional Ketama indicas, Pakis and even Afghan genetics.

Watch the Greenhouse StrainHunters Morroco episode at YouTube and see for yourself.

dezman

Hi!
With all respects.
I dont think strainhunters are a trustable source for info on the real morrocan hash world.
Yeah for sure there few spots with real kiff. And paki... there are lots of hybrids there for hash making and traficking.
I know dampkring/tweedy kamer sell or used to sell hash made in morroco by paid farmers with selected genetics. Maybe green house have something similar but the most of the hash production is made with hybrids for rise up the quality. They dont dry anymore in the house roof, they made facilities for watered the plants, and use better growing methods...
Not much people wanting to grow old kiff, few old farmers. The young people thinks of kiff as a waste of time. And not much untouched pure kiff anymore.
I'm sure there are, just not many.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hi!
With all respects.
I dont think strainhunters are a trustable source for info on the real morrocan hash world.

Arjan from Greenhouse has prolly seen abit more Morrocan hash in his life time, than many of us here @Icmag combined, what do you think? Him being the original founder of Greenhuose Coffeeshops in Amsterdam.
Besides, they show Morrocan indicas and Paki plants on the docu i mentioned.

There's still shit loads of traditional Morrocan to be found in Amsterdam, so i'm sure they grow trad. Ketama indica on more plots than just few.

They dont dry anymore in the house roof, they made facilities for watered the plants, and use better growing methods...

Every Morrocan hash farmer has now built drying facilities on their farm?!
Maybe your comment was abit too over-generlizing as was the first one, i n which you claimed they only grow western hybrids in Morrocco nowadays.

Peace.

D

DankeyKong

@Dezman

The moroccan is brought from morocco but a lot of farmers here are doing the same product with the same quality so there's 0 to none original moroccan atm...

@Goat

I have to agree with dez that Arjan isn't a reliable source for nothing, sure he has great connections and knowledge but he's one of those bad indole guys, he's in this business just for money.

dezman

Thanks man! That's what i wanted to know.looks like the old blonde polm
Goat cheese arjan is not the king of cannabis and not everything you see in the tv is true.
You can think whatever you want. You think morroco is full with kiff? Lol

GoatCheese

Veteran
You can go there and see for yourself. Dont expect arjan to tell you

LOL!

You have seen more morrocan hash than Arjan, is that what you're claiming now? First they grew only western hybrids in Morocco according to you, then you changed this view after i corrected you.

Next thing you claimed all farms in morocco have drying facilities, which prolly was just as ridiculous claim as the first one, cause you didn't comment my amazement at this comment at all (=get caught of talking shit again---> skip over it and change the subject ..well done, son!)

Did you even watch the StrainHunters doku? You can see Paki and Moroccan plants growing on the video, as i have stated few times already. But you just don't get it, cause you know better than images caught on video tape, right? Because you smoke tons of moroccan hash you score from your arab-dealer on a spanish island, this makes you an expert on everything? ...yea, let's debate this further professor, lol.

Then again, first thing you should know, is what traditional morrocan plant looks like!
..do you know what a Ketama indica looks like? ..yea, it's the "green one" on the video!

They also say, the further you go outside of Ketama, the more transitional Moroccan plants farmers are growing, is this also how you have experienced it on your ......expeditions? heh-heh

If there is no traditional Moroccan grown in the country as you two claim, then explain to me why there was loads of traditional Morocan in Amsterdam last November (2015) when i last visited the town?! ..but somehow you people just seem to know better.

But i get it, you don't value Arjan from Greenhouse, which is quite usual song to hear on grower sites ...papagallo.

Great foundation for your moroccan hash- argument, that "You can't trust Arjan" ...Quit clownin'

Over- out
:tiphat:

dezman

Hi!
First goat cheese please accept my apologies i shoud smoke before respond.
I never mean that i seen more hash/kiff than arjan. But i've seen lots. And i believe what i seen first person than in a documental. I 've been in morroco a few times. I live in spain and hash is everywhere here. I know what i'm smoking right now is not kiff made. The same for all the hash from last years. But yeah probably ams is full of the old stuff. To be honest. Old hash from morroco wasnt much worthy. The original hash made with kiff plants is very low potency. And yeah i had many kiff plants. Worst variety i ever grown in my life. You can understand why they make hash.
Btw by dry facilities i meant not under the sun. I dont think i ever said dry facilities.
If i forget to answer something i am sorry.
I dont think morrocan hash/kiff worth any heated discusion i just speak of what i have seen. And there is full of morrocan people here that can say the same.
Sorry if i offended you. Wasnt trying to be smart ass. I am off

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hi!
First goat cheese please accept my apologies i shoud smoke before respond.
I never mean that i seen more hash/kiff than arjan. But i've seen lots. And i believe what i seen first person than in a documental. I 've been in morroco a few times. I live in spain and hash is everywhere here. I know what i'm smoking right now is not kiff made. The same for all the hash from last years. But yeah probably ams is full of the old stuff. To be honest. Old hash from morroco wasnt much worthy. The original hash made with kiff plants is very low potency. And yeah i had many kiff plants. Worst variety i ever grown in my life. You can understand why they make hash.
Btw by dry facilities i meant not under the sun. I dont think i ever said dry facilities.
If i forget to answer something i am sorry.
I dont think morrocan hash/kiff worth any heated discusion i just speak of what i have seen. And there is full of morrocan people here that can say the same.
Sorry if i offended you. Wasnt trying to be smart ass. I am off

Absolutely no worries, Dez:biggrin: ..in the end i see modern Moroccan hash culture more or less the same way you do, it's just not so clear-cut as you put it at first. And on some parts of the topic, i'm sure you have better info than i do, cause you live relatively close by and get to talk to people, so in no way am i saying you don't get to share your views, but i'm a bit of a jackass when i think i know something about something.

But yea ..they already grow Girl Scout Cookies in Morocco. lol.
But western hybrid seeds and foreign seeds in general cost money, and how well these strains grow in rugged Moroccan environment without proper irrigation is a question mark
..so many small time farmers, i'd imagine, stick to what they have and what they know will grow there, so many will grow the Morrocan plant. And there is demand for traditional hashish (from any part of the world) in Holland. Hash-freaks are actually worried about the "end" of traditional Morrocan, just as they are worried about afghan hash, so i'm sure the farmers will continue to grow it cause the demand is there.

I'm a big fan of trad. Morrocan hash because of the effect, not potency. Most of the seeds i bought when i started growing are around 20% thc, and when you get to smoke stuff this strong for years, then to me, nice effect and taste have become more important than just getting your head super baked.

Most my hash experiences come from Dutch coffeeshops and some coffeeshop staff are very well informed about the hash they are selling, but not everyone. And when you smoke enough stuff from around the world, you start to know how it's supposed to taste like. There are similarities in traditional Moroc, Lebanese and Turkish hash, none are skunky btw.
Smoked some Afghan hash grown in Morroco last time i visited and it wasn't the only moroc-afghani type in town. They also sell pure moroccan grown paki hash there; paki-indica and paki-sativa hash. ..seen talk about N.indian strains grown in Morocco. And of course there is more and more Morroccan grown western hybrid hash around, and so also on the streets of Spain as well i'm sure. So loads of different kind of stuff grown in Morocco these days.

Street deals and coffeeshops, most likely, are two different worlds when it comes to hash varieties and i'd imagine most dealers on the street might not know whole lot about the hash farms and culture in morocco or he might only know about the stuff he's selling and it's origin.

One thing about Arjan..
It's well known that he hasn't done much serious breeding work and is a money grabber (..most bean sellers are), but one thing he apparently knows few things about and that is hashish, or so i have gathered it.

Enjoy the Ibizan sun and the hash ..i wish i had your hash markets at hand, whatever those guys are selling you, heh.:biggrin:

D

DankeyKong

Hey guys i can see the debate still going on, but one thing is for sure and you guys must agree with me ... No matter what kind of hash moroccan will always be B smoke, their screen tecnhique and hot temperatures doesn't allow them to grow top shelf quality plants affecting the final product.

The great hashes will always come from colder regions like Indian Mountains and stuff like that where the terpenes have an ideal enviroment to develop to their full potential...

You can't grow top shelf weed at a sunny country like Moroccan where the temps gets really really hot ... The oils of cannabis are volatile and you going to start lose your quality from the moment you start flowering ...

dezman

Cheers goat cheese!
Ibiza in summer is really a lovely place to be. Even Arjan have a house here. It's no joke. He even promotes the djamba cup.
You are welcome to come here. Just give me a shout and i'll get you some hash you'll never forget.
Donkey. Yes i agree! The weather is really harsh over there. Extremely dry.
The old heads always told me that morrocan strains in the 70's were big and branchy. Almost nothing to do with what it is now. But the extremely dry summer and the way they grow with as many plants as they can, the soil and lack of rain. Turned the plant into what it is today.
And yeah morrocan hash is b class. Can't compete with charas.
Btw morrocan hash in colombia and girl scout cookies in morroco. I am the only one to find it weird?

D

DankeyKong

Well it's a little bit weird but it's the evolution right ?

No one wants to grow that old sativa without smell anymore instead of it farmers are looking for strains that can optimal grow in their enviroment, for an example my connection here runs a grow op at the mountains so i decided to provide for him F2's of my indoor genetics and today he's growing just C99 from Grimms and RKS two very good strains that can produce good quality buds and a decent yield

GoatCheese

Veteran
Cheers goat cheese!
Ibiza in summer is really a lovely place to be. Even Arjan have a house here. It's no joke. He even promotes the djamba cup.
You are welcome to come here. Just give me a shout and i'll get you some hash you'll never forget.
Donkey. Yes i agree! The weather is really harsh over there. Extremely dry.
The old heads always told me that morrocan strains in the 70's were big and branchy. Almost nothing to do with what it is now. But the extremely dry summer and the way they grow with as many plants as they can, the soil and lack of rain. Turned the plant into what it is today.
And yeah morrocan hash is b class. Can't compete with charas.
Btw morrocan hash in colombia and girl scout cookies in morroco. I am the only one to find it weird?

Some trad. Moroc-plants (phenos and/or farmers personal seed stock) still seem quite branchy and irrigation levels effects the plant size quite abit even at homegrows =under water your plant and the growth is very slow, prolly not much side branching either

.. maybe too much "natural" evolution hasn't happen on the maroc line outside the hash-center or Rif, some ofcourse (because of farmers selection, cross polination etc.), cause Leb and Turkish plants are fairly similar in height, on the shorter side but not a stump like some afghans, and share some looks and the aromas somewhat match.

..anyways you must hear some cool stories there, Dez.

How much nice pollen, of any kind, usually costs there, say there upper class, 000-triple zero grade stuff? In Amsterdam's coffeeshops its close to 20 euros or more per gram? Do you have to know someone to get better stuff or is there nice stuff to be found from the average street dealer also?