What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how many plants

terrier

hi guys how many plants could I fit in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 tent. I'm thinking 3 rows of 3 or 3 rows of 4 what you recon in 6 litre pots under a 600w hps.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i have a 4x3.5ft tent - last go around i did '7' various strains under '2' 315's - i thought that was not enough lite- tried adding an 8bulb, 4ft fluor fixture, but it brought the temps up wayyyy toooo much...

King Rat

or make your tent explode by using 49*3,5L pots in a 7*7 row lol.
i know they are fitting the tent. these pots are about 15*15 centimeters or 6*6inches

terrier

6 litre paddi veg 3 weeks in coco there's so many different reply's which I'm grateful for but just 3 rows or 3 or 3 rows of 4. I be happy with but thanks guys for all the reply's

terrier

6 litre that's what I'm using al70. but scroggs a great idea only thing I been thinking of is I wont be able to get at the back of the tent to get to some of the plants to thin them out when I put them into flower. and put a net over them. any ideas guys or would you just let them go. im in dire straights guys so any help I really need it.

Last edited:

coldcanna

Veteran
If you have the time to water/feed everyday, or the ability to automate your irrigation, running 1-2 liter pots allows the media to dry out quicker and allow you to feed more frequently, thus boosting yields. That being said, if you don't have a ton of time/resources using larger pots and peat moss will allow you to only water 2-3 times a week.

To solve your problem with accessing the back plants, consider building a short rolling table so you can pull it out and work on them. Those less cared for plants will be where your powder mildew or insect pressure starts every time.

Dr Watt

Who What
If you want or have to grow many plants (for instance you should always germinate a full seed pack or have many cuttings) then :

High Number : 1 imperial foot x 1ft : 1 plant

MaxProductivity vs Effort : 1.5ft2 or 1.22x1.22 : 1 plant

SmokeALottaDope : : 3ft2 or 1.7x1.7ft : 1 plant

I recommend to bloom no less than 5 (FIVE) PLANTS from seed within the above plants/ft density. From my experience this will ensure you yield first crop :joint: :bandit:

edit : Regarding pot size @ yes more media for bigger plant - @ 1ftx1ft per plant (3 automated waterings pd) 7.5cmx7.5cm Grodan Block per plant ! @ 1.5x1.5ft/plant 7.5Block onto Hugo; and for 3ftx3ft you might employ more media around under the hugo... Yes, more media will produce more bud so if you have the time and space.... rw is tricky and hope my reasonings work with Coco

Last edited: