Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Anyone else love Zamaldelica and making crosses with it?

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Anyone else love Zamaldelica and making crosses with it? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2017, 09:57 AM #1
nksv

nksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nice
Anyone else love Zamaldelica and making crosses with it?

Hey all, interested in hearing those working with the mighty Zamaldelica and crossing it.

I have made a few so far - cross with a Sam Haze (super sativa looking), unsure what type but very mango and strong. Also with Orient Express and Nepjam. These I have just popped so no idea what they smoke like but they are super vigorous and wonderful plants. All seeds popping over night and going off! I'd love to cross with a Satori.

I love this strain, so unique and interested in others playing around with it. I have a NL/BB which I thought about crossing with a Zamaldelica - anyone else done interesting crosses? Thanks!
nksv is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:00 AM #2
Morglie

Morglie will become famous soon enough
I hit a Thai pheno with my male Panama green pheno. I just started growing 4 of them though, so I don't know much about the cross yet. The mother was a bit of a gittery buzz. Like you can't hold still. I'm hoping the Panama takes that edge off.
Morglie is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:10 AM #3
THCengineer

THCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the rough
I'm thinking about a Zam Afghan#1 or a Zam x Ethiopian IBL cross. Since I have some 2-month old Zam pollen in fridge, I'll probably dust my 6 Ethiopians with that. (6, 1 week old seedlings in a vertical Inda Gro 400W cabinet. The light is intense with supplemental fluorescents and reflective mylar.) My last grow yielded about 7oz seeded Zamaldelica, which 3 females continued to grow even after I pollinated them with a Zam male, and showed no sign of slowing down, even after having flowered for 5 1/2 months. (I vegged them for only 2 weeks before placing them on 13/11 then 14/10 to try to finish them, but they were almost pushing against the top of my 36" tall cab, so I just decided to harvest so I could start my Ethiopians.)
THCengineer is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:17 AM #4
nksv

nksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nicenksv is just really nice
I'd be really interested in hearing how it would go with an indica. Will the astral body escape? haha
nksv is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2017, 07:28 AM #5
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Zamaldelica x Hawaiian

This is a Zamaldelica x Hawaiian I grew out last summer. Very pleasant aroma of equine. Good producer, I did pollinate her with a male F2 Z x H this past summer. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

17 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:24 AM #6
THCengineer

THCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the roughTHCengineer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nksv View Post
I'd be really interested in hearing how it would go with an indica. Will the astral body escape? haha
Maybe it would be too stoned to fly away? I got the A#1 recently as a freebee from Ace, so I may as well cross it eventually with a Zam, to see what happens. I expect it would be a dopey "whiskey pot" narcotic effect, nowhere as soaring and ethereal as a great sativa hybrid such as Ciski.

Can you answer the God Question?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but unable?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him God?
.:Epicurus:. Greek Philosopher 341-270 BCE

Old 02-20-2017, 05:47 AM #7
THCengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by budnut View Post
I'm thinking about a Zam Afghan#1 or a Zam x Ethiopian IBL cross. Since I have some 2-month old Zam pollen in fridge, I'll probably dust my 6 Ethiopians with that. (6, 1 week old seedlings in a vertical Inda Gro 400W cabinet. The light is intense with supplemental fluorescents and reflective mylar.) My last grow yielded about 7oz seeded Zamaldelica, which 3 females continued to grow even after I pollinated them with a Zam male, and showed no sign of slowing down, even after having flowered for 5 1/2 months. (I vegged them for only 2 weeks before placing them on 13/11 then 14/10 to try to finish them, but they were almost pushing against the top of my 36" tall cab, so I just decided to harvest so I could start my Ethiopians.)
ALTERED BEAST

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=1&page=12 Old 11-06-2016, 10:32 PM #120

URL for my long rambling introduction (I'm not able to provide photos of my grow), followed by an idea about exposing cannabis seeds very briefly, advisedly, just a second or two, to a crude but effective, home made x-ray machine that you, yourself can construct inexpensively. If this sounds intriguing, for starters, google: how to make a home made x-ray machine

Mutagenesis creating strange and unknown THC profiles could actually result, due to the x-rays ability of altering the seed's natural genetics. (Btw, our ancestors and we, ourselves, to some degree, have all been exposed to the x-rays that routinely accompany the UV, and gamma-ray bursts streaming from sudden, sporadic supernova explosions.) Typical cataclysmic x-ray stellar explosions are rich sources of x-ray radiation and these events are theorized to have recurrently affected the evolution of life on Earth. Thusly, punctuated evolution of all living species, including the cannabis plant, may have been repeatedly triggered over eons by these x-ray inundations. However, it should be remembered, that since these radiant energies are highly damaging to living cells, limiting seed-irradiating exposure time to very brief doses is imperative. For those who are doubtful or opposed to such "mad scientist" meddling/investigation, I adjure them that all life itself may be seen as one big ongoing program amounting to the cosmos conducting a controlled test or investigation. Hence, this huge, billions-of-years universal experimental process has, since time immemorial, involved and incorporated powerful flashes of intense stellar X-rays permeating and changing the individual cells of all living beings on planet Earth. Perhaps this phenomena represents a pervasive cosmological mechanism designed to promote sentience/survival upgrades in plants, animals and homo sapiens? As for me, it is exciting to think about delving into the creative cauldron of life itself. Just think, modern technology has empowered DIY enthusiasts to construct their very own miniature cosmic evolutionary "device" capable of replicating the life-altering results of unbelievably stupendous DNA-altering Supernovas! Now, any intrepid botanist/breeder is enabled to foray deeper into the mysterious realm of genetic manipulation via employment of powerful rays. Could this be the next step in 21st century cannabis culture?

All things are artificial, for nature is the art of God. - Thomas Browne

Old 02-21-2017, 10:15 AM #8
dubi
Vendor

dubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant futuredubi has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by nksv View Post
Hey all, interested in hearing those working with the mighty Zamaldelica and crossing it.

I have made a few so far - cross with a Sam Haze (super sativa looking), unsure what type but very mango and strong. Also with Orient Express and Nepjam. These I have just popped so no idea what they smoke like but they are super vigorous and wonderful plants. All seeds popping over night and going off! I'd love to cross with a Satori.

I love this strain, so unique and interested in others playing around with it. I have a NL/BB which I thought about crossing with a Zamaldelica - anyone else done interesting crosses? Thanks!
Hi nksv,

I'm glad to hear you love Zamaldelica and that you find her enough interesting to produce your own crosses.

I think Zamaldelica would produce great sativa hybrids with Kali China (i think both terpene profiles can produce a really unique mango incensey aroma and i think the effects in this hybrid will be top notch too), with Panama, with Haze Thai or with other nice pure african strains like angolese, ethiopian, durban, or with more tamed african sativa hybrids like Reina Madre, Lilly, etc ...

I wouldn't cross Zamaldelica with afghani or skunk, but that's just my personal opinion.
dubi is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:16 PM #9
rolandomota

rolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to all
I would cross it with Malawi
rolandomota is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:21 PM #10
PandyFackler

PandyFackler is a jewel in the roughPandyFackler is a jewel in the roughPandyFackler is a jewel in the roughPandyFackler is a jewel in the roughPandyFackler is a jewel in the roughPandyFackler is a jewel in the roughPandyFackler is a jewel in the rough
I dusted my zam with a wide leaf Tikal male. Only got 4 viable seeds. Will be interesting to see what happens.

On a side note, I love that zamaldelica pheno. It smells primarily of roses but also has a scent after curing that takes me back to when I grew the original sol sweet tooth #3, must be around 2001. Can't wait to grow more of them.

PF
PandyFackler is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.