Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > So...what's up today?

Thread Title Search
So...what's up today? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2018, 03:07 AM #241
Putembk

Putembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud of
Evening.....damn it's cold. You can sure tell when the wind is coming out of the North. Just finished dinner and getting ready to watch some Basketball.

Processed kief today....will do hash next time.

Took a nice walk and Jacuzzi after I am now pleasantly stoned and looking forward to getting more stoned....
Putembk is online now Quote

Old 11-08-2018, 04:38 PM #242
EsterEssence

EsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud of
Gonna be windy today so I'll trim till it's time for my mani, pedi. A few puffs and a hand and foot rub does wonder for the neuropathy...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:27 PM #243
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putembk View Post
Evening.....damn it's cold. You can sure tell when the wind is coming out of the North. Just finished dinner and getting ready to watch some Basketball.
Amazing what a difference 15 degrees makes for us humans - and many plants.

It went from the low 40's, to the high 20's this morning. One of the chicken's butts was covered with frost, but at least she survived 'mountain lion watch' last night.

Today is a good day to buy Silver for those who are into it. Gold Silver ratio back up to 85.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2018, 05:42 PM #244
Putembk

Putembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud ofPutembk has much to be proud of
Morning all. Getting ready for an IC Mag hook up. Just made copies (strain reviews) of all the strains I am currently growing.

Thinking I am not gonna bring any cuts or starts with me as it will be below freezing in the car. I only live a few minutes from the bar and will go and get them after so they are nice and healthy.

Have a bit of gardening first. Some need fed and some need water....I need to get this done quick so I can focus on the other days activities.
@ Phatty, good luck on buying silver. I have thought about precious metals in the past but have never able to pull the trigger. Wife talks me out of it. Both good and bad imo. I invest in real estate and rental properties.

Hope all have a good day. Will report on what happened today....

Old 11-09-2018, 12:53 AM #245
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
@ Phatty, good luck on buying silver. I have thought about precious metals in the past but have never able to pull the trigger. Wife talks me out of it. Both good and bad imo. I invest in real estate and rental properties.
What kind of beer & whiskey do you like to chill with ?

Re Silver - I remember the first time I bought it as an adult. The price jumped about 2% or fell 2%. I had agreed to buy some bars from a co-worker in defense-world and it slightly freaked me when the price changed so fast. Co-worker had nothing to do with it, wasn't a scam (except for the US gov. and its admitted 'Strong Dollar' policy, another story), and that's the way the market behaves.

Simple things like doing a transaction during "quiet time" (east coast 5:15 PM to 6 PM) help a lot there.

Also it is usually the opposite of the socially popular trade. Which for the time since 2008/9, has been buying Amazon, even with a PE over 100. People will probably get more approval from their friends for selling Silver at the bottom, "oh you finally got rid of that dog", instead of buying it near the bottom & way below the cost of production.

(Degrees F)

Old 11-09-2018, 03:47 AM #246
Putembk

Evening.

@ phatty....beer, Modelo Negro....no brown whiskey for me. Upsets my stomach. I like good sipping vodka.

Interesting points and have considered them. But, I have heard that commissions on buying and selling are high. Another reason....I would by gold/silver in case of gov't shut down. But wouldn't having something like food and clothing be a more valuable trade for someone in need. Yo cant eat gold....just a thought.

I partied my brains out today. Good time at the bar with IC Mag members. Had to cut it short as it was date night with the wife....gotta keep the little woman happy.

Back from dinner sipping on vodka and smoking what ever is in my pipe.

Great day......

Old 11-09-2018, 04:25 PM #247
St. Phatty

Quote:
But, I have heard that commissions on buying and selling are high.
One of my favorite dealers just raised his premium to $1 over spot. Most I will pay is 70 cents.

Also, Silver American Eagles are pretty but you usually only get back 50 cents of the $2 or $3 premium, when you sell them.

The only way to figure it out, is to wade in - with small purchases.

And to learn from one's mistakes. Like spending $200 on Lottery Tickets

(Degrees F)

Old 11-09-2018, 04:45 PM #248
EsterEssence

EsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud of
Today is my consultation for my colonoscopy, sounds like no fun...

Old 11-09-2018, 04:55 PM #249
St. Phatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsterEssence View Post
Today is my consultation for my colonoscopy, sounds like no fun...
Are they pushing you to have a sedated colonoscopy ?

That adds an extra $700 for the anaesthesiologist.

Having had a wide-awake colonoscopy in about 2002, I know the sedated part (general anaesthesia) is 100% unnecessary. It's just a revenue boosting measure, AKA another way to rob the overly trusting American medical consumer.

Plus they propose to use Propofol - the same sh.t that killed Michael Jackson.

The basic procedure - sticking a camera snake up your butt to look for cancerous & pre-cancerous growths - is not bad.

Since the 00's, they have taken a very simple procedure and added cost, complexity, and risk.

(Degrees F)

Old 11-09-2018, 06:05 PM #250
Putembk

Morning all. Moving a bit slow today. I ain't never had to much fun, but I came close yesterday.

Cutting down Sweet Tooth today. The vicious cycle continues. I have a friend coming by first thing for a visit and I'm not ready....like I said moving slow. More coffee!!!

Colonoscopy...I have had two. My insurance covered both. Once on medicare, at least my plan, it is preventive maintenance and didn't cost a thing. I was out both times....so I don't remember a thing.
When the anesthesiologist asks about smoking marijuana....SAY NO!!! I was dumb enough to be honest and admit....guy went into melt down....opened a hole new line of questioning and and from then on he was an ass. I'm cleaner than Kleenex and good for 10 more years....I will be in my late 70's by then and may pass...

@ Phatty. I have heard you have to be real careful on buying gold/silver. Scares me. I don't like doing anything with $$$ that I am not totally on top of. I am in the process of making another real estate deal when the right one comes by.

My friend just pulled up outside....time to go to work....