Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > QWET oil extraction

Thread Title Search
QWET oil extraction Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2018, 04:34 PM #291
axle2u

axle2u will become famous soon enoughaxle2u will become famous soon enoughaxle2u will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
https://web.archive.org/web/20160303...rging-chamber/

Those Chinese units are are refluxing stills.

ok, not sure about refluxing, but do I want to reflux
ISO extracts, and/or utilize a technique similar to this in essence a closed loop,
to recover alcohol and control fumes during the process of extraction...?

thanks ,

axle A. robot
axle2u is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 11-04-2018, 04:43 PM #292
axle2u

axle2u will become famous soon enoughaxle2u will become famous soon enoughaxle2u will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It also adds a sweet aroma, but both are subtle.

We use 190 proof Everclear or 200 proof reagent grade.

that sounds very yummy....lol

so in a perfect world, I would want to stretch out as far as possible the use of ethanol
as it is roughly 300% more $$$ then ISO 99,
so a closed loop set up for recovery...do I got that right ?

also, would it be best to do the intial extraction in my ISO 99, lets say
evap off the ISO, then redisolve in the 190 proof ethanol (frozen)...
then evap that in a closed loop recovery set up to recycle the 190 proof ethanol.....do I got that right ?

something similar to this process, will give me a more pure
nice color, and a sweeter tast and smell while burning ?

thanks so much

axle A. robot
axle2u is offline Quote

Old 11-05-2018, 01:03 PM #293
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by axle2u View Post
ok, not sure about refluxing, but do I want to reflux
ISO extracts, and/or utilize a technique similar to this in essence a closed loop,
to recover alcohol and control fumes during the process of extraction...?

thanks ,

axle A. robot

A simple pot still will only reach around 120 proof on the first pass, so must be run multiple times to purify to 190 proof, which is the azeotropic balance between ethanol and water.

A refluxing still allows you to go directly to 190 proof.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:27 PM #294
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Quote:
that sounds very yummy....lol

so in a perfect world, I would want to stretch out as far as possible the use of ethanol
as it is roughly 300% more $$$ then ISO 99,
so a closed loop set up for recovery...do I got that right ?

also, would it be best to do the intial extraction in my ISO 99, lets say
evap off the ISO, then redisolve in the 190 proof ethanol (frozen)...
then evap that in a closed loop recovery set up to recycle the 190 proof ethanol.....do I got that right ?

something similar to this process, will give me a more pure
nice color, and a sweeter tast and smell while burning ?

thanks so much

axle A. robot

Isopropyl has a lower dielectric constant than Ethanol, so you can remove some waxes from an Iso extraction winterizing with ethanol, but not as profound as winterizing a non polar solvent extraction like butane.

https://depts.washington.edu/eooptic...art%5B1%5D.pdf

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:19 AM #295
axle2u

Quote:
Isopropyl has a lower dielectric constant than Ethanol, so you can remove some waxes from an Iso extraction winterizing with ethanol, but not as profound as winterizing a non polar solvent extraction like butane.

https://depts.washington.edu/eooptic...art%5B1%5D.pdf

ok cool, thank you GW

so different topic,
how would you set up a home made vacuum assist
in straining off material from extract...

I just do the basic coffee filter routine, sometimes with an added activated charcoal (food grade bone char) rinse...

it takes forever to filter extract...
there has to be a better way, my man
so lets have it...lol

any pictures would be great too...

thanks a lot

-axle robot
axle2u is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2018, 12:52 PM #296
Gray Wolf

I use a Buchner funnel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JygPCD8bKE

You can speed up the process by using a small paint brush to brush the filter surface during the process, to keep it from blinding.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:13 AM #297
axle2u

Quote:
I use a Buchner funnel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JygPCD8bKE

You can speed up the process by using a small paint brush to brush the filter surface during the process, to keep it from blinding.

now that IS a very good tip...
thanks pal...

so that works eh...

axle A. robot
axle2u is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2018, 01:39 PM #298
Gray Wolf

Quote:
thanks again, very good link..

hey greywolf, are you part of the pharmaskunk group ?
curious....you seem to refer to it a lot....lol

thanks,

axle A. robot

Carla, Joe, and I founded Skunk Pharm Research founders, but haven't been there since mid 2017.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:44 AM #299
Dawn Patrol
Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored

Dawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant futureDawn Patrol has a brilliant future
Quote:
Carla, Joe, and I founded Skunk Pharm Research founders, but haven't been there since mid 2017.
@Gray Wolf was that BS ever resolved or do you have an NDA from the settlement?

See some of my girls

Gainesville Green - my first true love

Whats going on in my grow cab???
Dawn Patrol is offline Quote

Old 11-09-2018, 02:44 PM #300
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
@Gray Wolf was that BS ever resolved or do you have an NDA from the settlement?

The issue remains in litigation, but progress is being made.