Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2018, 05:10 AM #3371
HaHaHashish

Has anyone tried using nitrogen in the bags or sealing the cobs in wax?

and I'm sitting here after just smoking a little cob joint and thinking about how the high from cobs is way more centered, more cerebral and definitely with lower nervous energy while still not being couchier, than the high from bud which is good but not as enjoyable, much like dry sifted resin has a way better high than the bud it came from. It's as if all THC is more "available" and different, which is (most likely) caused by what happens to the terpenes during the cobbing process.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:13 AM #3372
HaHaHashish

While the high from cobs is good, I do prefer the high from homemade dry sifted resin. Nothing zings my forehead like that first big lungful of pure dry sift in the morning. I haven't bought hash in 20 years and from what I've seen around here, I won't be buying any for another 20. lol
Cobbing definitely makes my stash go further as everything is used. The yield on pure dry sift is very low and it gets smoked really fast too.

Has anyone tried dry sifting fresh frozen plant material made with dry ice and then put that sift through the cobbing process? It would be interesting to see the results from cobs made with dry sifted resin of varying purity. while you could add dry sifted resin (made in the usual way from dried plants) to the bud when rolling up cob, I don't think the resin itself would be affected by the cobbing process as it's dead/dry, I think the resin would need made from fresh frozen bud, air dried for a day then rolled up with bud in cobs. But if the resin contains enough plant material, then I guess you could try cobbing that dry sift by itself?

Last edited by HaHaHashish; 11-12-2018 at 06:41 AM..

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:03 PM #3373
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
I've seen the test results and THC and CBD increases after cobbing. It's probably due to a chemical reaction during fermentation. So I would expect kief would give it a good boost.

2018 Season's Post Mortem and Best Practices

~

Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 11-11-2018, 11:19 PM #3374
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHaHashish View Post
While the high from cobs is good, I do prefer the high from homemade dry sifted resin. Nothing zings my forehead like that first big lungful of pure dry sift in the morning. I haven't bought hash in 20 years and from what I've seen around here, I won't be buying any for another 20. lol
Cobbing definitely makes my stash go further as everything is used. The yield on pure dry sift is very low and it gets smoked really fast too.

Has anyone tried dry sifting fresh frozen plant material made with dry ice and then put that sift through the cobbing process? It would be interesting to see the results from cobs made with dry sifted resin of varying purity. while you could add dry sifted resin (made in the usual way from dried plants) to the bud when rolling up cob, I don't think the resin itself would be affected by the cobbing process as it's dead/dry, I think the resin would need made from fresh frozen bud, air dried for a day then rolled up with bud in cobs. But if the resin contains enough plant material, then I guess you could try cobbing that sry sift by itself?
I also find the high from fermented weed depending on the variety of course enables extremely deep and sometimes amazing thoughts.
I make all my best discoveries while high.
Its one of the best effects I think.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:03 AM #3375
HaHaHashish

I've seen the test results and THC and CBD increases after cobbing. It's probably due to a chemical reaction during fermentation.

The THC won't increase once the plant is cut, much like you can't increase the amount of gold in a ton of ore, but you can concentrate it, which is probably why cobs score higher than bud on THC tests as it's denser. But it might also be partly due to that there is less loss of THC with the cob making process compared to air drying branches for weeks?

Or maybe the cobbing process makes more of the THC "available? I wonder if the total amount of cannabinoids tested on the cob and bud are similar, but the cob tests higher for THC?

I guess smarter people than me can work that out!

Happy Cobbing!

Last edited by HaHaHashish; 11-12-2018 at 02:15 AM..

Old 11-12-2018, 03:15 AM #3376
ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant futureThaiBliss has a brilliant future
Quote:
While the high from cobs is good, I do prefer the high from homemade dry sifted resin. Nothing zings my forehead like that first big lungful of pure dry sift in the morning. I haven't bought hash in 20 years and from what I've seen around here, I won't be buying any for another 20. lol...
Man, hash making is another lost art. I've tried shatter, wax, dab, or whatever else they call what they make these days. My finger hash from trimming bud, harvesting seeds, or ice (bubble) hash is far superior to the crap sold. I've tried the new fangled stuff a few times, and my lungs and throat burn immediately or later in the day, every time. Nasty stuff! Don't people understand the difference from coughing from good hashy expansiveness and from toxic chemicals? Even the C02 extracted resin is really horrible.

For me, the best quality bud is the finest high. Good hash is just a different thing, but a nice change of pace. Keif or screened hash is good too. I just don't know why the top quality bud is better. I never get the same cerebral psychedelic experience that comes with the best of the top grade bud. Buds have a magic that you just can't concentrate.

ThaiBliss

Looking for Lost Strains: Seeing God; Pinecone

The Search for Trip Weed: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278209
ThaiBliss is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:34 AM #3377
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiBliss View Post
Man, hash making is another lost art. I've tried shatter, wax, dab, or whatever else they call what they make these days. My finger hash from trimming bud, harvesting seeds, or ice (bubble) hash is far superior to the crap sold. I've tried the new fangled stuff a few times, and my lungs and throat burn immediately or later in the day, every time. Nasty stuff! Don't people understand the difference from coughing from good hashy expansiveness and from toxic chemicals? Even the C02 extracted resin is really horrible.

For me, the best quality bud is the finest high. Good hash is just a different thing, but a nice change of pace. Keif or screened hash is good too. I just don't know why the top quality bud is better. I never get the same cerebral psychedelic experience that comes with the best of the top grade bud. Buds have a magic that you just can't concentrate.

ThaiBliss
Thats because you have experienced some of the finest herb my friend. For those who haven't its like a game of blind mans bluff.

I personally think the worst thing that ever happened was mixing types of herbs OK some are ok but the magic is gone from the original.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:21 AM #3378
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Quote:
I've seen the test results and THC and CBD increases after cobbing. It's probably due to a chemical reaction during fermentation.

The THC won't increase once the plant is cut, much like you can't increase the amount of gold in a ton of ore, but you can concentrate it, which is probably why cobs score higher than bud on THC tests as it's denser. But it might also be partly due to that there is less loss of THC with the cob making process compared to air drying branches for weeks?

Or maybe the cobbing process makes more of the THC "available? I wonder if the total amount of cannabinoids tested on the cob and bud are similar, but the cob tests higher for THC?

I guess smarter people than me can work that out!

Happy Cobbing!
CBGA can move further towards thca instead of cbca during fermentation. But like you said, we need a chemist in here. Lol

TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:42 AM #3379
HaHaHashish

Buds have a magic that you just can't concentrate.

Thats because you have experienced some of the finest herb my friend

true, when you smoke bud, you are smoking the whole plant, but smoke dry sift from the same (hopefully the finest sativa buds) and you will soar to a way higher plane while inhaling the 90% less plant matter, and like with cobs, the resin heads are intact when smoked (unlike other forms of hash making). But of course, it's best if the dry sifted resin comes from well grown plants that have been handled with care then dried and stored in ideal conditions then made into dry sift with care and focus on purity, not quantity. I suggest using a gentle technique on small amounts at a time with multiple screens in a low temp/low RH room...but hey, that's another subject for another thread.

Last edited by HaHaHashish; 11-13-2018 at 01:23 AM..

Old 11-12-2018, 06:40 AM #3380
HaHaHashish

Tangwena - I checked out some other sites about cob making, and on 420 many there seem to be putting their cobs under higher temperatures (up to 60C) for a longer time (48 hours or more)

I might try two days on 40C next time!

1 members found this post helpful.