Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Industrial Hemp in Oregon

Thread Title Search
Industrial Hemp in Oregon Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2018, 12:51 AM #311
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Has there been any progress or anything interesting on the CBDV front? There are a couple active threads in other parts of the site about THCV and it reminded me that I've never really seen much at all anywhere about CBDV.
PDX Dopesmoker is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:08 PM #312
New LP Guy

New LP Guy will become famous soon enoughNew LP Guy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
Anyone who is interested in this thread might enjoy this podcast
https://media.blubrry.com/shapingfir...s_and_Hemp.mp3

Thank you. I will check this out.

We are in the process of licensing an Lp in Canada will many acres of Ag land avail to do hemp. Never done hemp and have lots of questions. Most important would be..What kind of revenues can be generated per acre? What are the uses. I have very little knowledge in the hemp processing tree..
New LP Guy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:04 PM #313
socioecologist

socioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to allsocioecologist is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
Has there been any progress or anything interesting on the CBDV front? There are a couple active threads in other parts of the site about THCV and it reminded me that I've never really seen much at all anywhere about CBDV.
Yes, most definitely. Mark Lewis' group at Napro has a great variety that is equal parts CBD to CBDV--some of their licensed cultivators used it to win at the Emerald Cup last year. We'll have our lines out for field trials summer of 2020.

It has taken some time to develop them. Propyls (i.e. the varins) are a little more finicky than pentyls (the "regular" acid forms we are all used to); because of that, the order of operation is to isolate the pentyls first, then work to increase the propyl fraction. In other words, you have to first find good CBD, CBG, CBC, THC, etc. candidate lines, then outcross or inbreed towards the target of increasing respective CBDV, CBGV, CBCV, THCV, etc. Even with "substantially pure" propyl varieties, there is significant variation of the total "V" proportion present between siblings within seed lines. Some can be 20/80 varin/pentyl, while others are 80/20; the variation is normally distributed.

The lack of CBGVA reference standards have also been a bit of an impediment. It definitely reinforces the reality that even the best cannabis labs lose their usefulness to breeders attempting to isolate compounds rather quickly--our most interesting targets today are just unknown spikes on a chromatogram.

For what it's worth, I can also confirm what you were reading in those other threads that THCV is most definitely NOT psychoactive.
socioecologist is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:07 AM #314
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Thanks for the briefing, is the lack of reference standards because of others not sharing what they know or because you're exploring new chemicals which people haven't had access to in high concentration before?
PDX Dopesmoker is online now Quote

Old 11-07-2018, 12:06 PM #315
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud ofenglishrick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by socioecologist View Post
Yes, most definitely. Mark Lewis' group at Napro has a great variety that is equal parts CBD to CBDV--some of their licensed cultivators used it to win at the Emerald Cup last year. We'll have our lines out for field trials summer of 2020.

It has taken some time to develop them. Propyls (i.e. the varins) are a little more finicky than pentyls (the "regular" acid forms we are all used to); because of that, the order of operation is to isolate the pentyls first, then work to increase the propyl fraction. In other words, you have to first find good CBD, CBG, CBC, THC, etc. candidate lines, then outcross or inbreed towards the target of increasing respective CBDV, CBGV, CBCV, THCV, etc. Even with "substantially pure" propyl varieties, there is significant variation of the total "V" proportion present between siblings within seed lines. Some can be 20/80 varin/pentyl, while others are 80/20; the variation is normally distributed.

The lack of CBGVA reference standards have also been a bit of an impediment. It definitely reinforces the reality that even the best cannabis labs lose their usefulness to breeders attempting to isolate compounds rather quickly--our most interesting targets today are just unknown spikes on a chromatogram.

For what it's worth, I can also confirm what you were reading in those other threads that THCV is most definitely NOT psychoactive.
This is a fantastic thread,, full respect to contributors,,, who's the best company for me to check out when buying various cbg and other lines rich in the most uncommon constituents

Thanks

Old 11-12-2018, 08:27 PM #316
Cigarviper

Cigarviper will become famous soon enoughCigarviper will become famous soon enough
Not affiliated with him but this guy has 200+ acres for CBD rich strains to be grown outdoors. Good times.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...row-op-and-spa
Cigarviper is offline Quote