What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Carrie Fisher

Green Squall

She loved her dog, Gary. Brought him everywhere. He even has his own twitter page!

ic
Fisher1-GettyImages-522444438-768x514.jpg

ic

bigAl25

Veteran
Here is our Carrie Fisher story and it happened today. We packed up my grand daughter and grand nephew to go see Rogue one at the theater. Our family has a lot of Star Wars fans. Blake gets in the car and says his Mom just said Carrie has died. I say no she had the heart attack and survived and was in the hospital. My wife then goggled and confirmed that Carrie had indeed passed away just minutes before we arrived for the movie. Rogue One is a great movie and when they delivered the Death Star plans to the Princess(Carrie) in the last scene of the movie, I just couldn't help it and shed some tears for her passing. I also read that she had wrapped up filming on the next Star Wars this July. I'll burn on for Carrie RIP Princess.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great way to pay tribute....seeing her last film, revisiting others she made.

St. Phatty

I have a James Stockdale story but I don't have a Carrie Fisher story.

Well, maybe sort of.

In some article I read, she talked about drinking & hooking up with Harrison Ford while they were making Empire Strikes Back. Basically right when they were making the scenes in the floating sky city, run by Lando Calrissian.

So all those scenes, up till when Han gets frozen in Carbonite, the sly old guy is scheduling midnight performances with his leading lady, and vice versa, off the set.

That is also the scene where the Princess Leia character says the "I love you words" to Han, where he says, "I know".

But she didn't go into detail.

If she were available to ask, I would ask her what she and Harrison Ford were drinking.

Also I can't help but be curious if the affair continued after the Han-frozen-in-carbonite scene.

Green Squall

Wow. Debbie Reynold's, Carries mother, passed away today. According to reports she had suffered strokes this year and her daughters death was too much to bear.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow. Debbie Reynold's, Carries mother, passed away today. According to reports she had suffered strokes this year and her daughters death was too much to bear.
Indeed, quite sad to hear. Two great performers, daughter and mother.

In a November interview with for the NPR show Fresh Air, Fisher spoke of her admiration for her mother.
"She's an immensely powerful woman, and I just admire my mother very much," Carrie Fisher said. "There's very few women from her generation who worked like that, who just kept a career going all her life, and raised children, and had horrible relationships, and lost all her money, and got it back again. I mean, she's had an amazing life, and she's someone to admire."

Both lead amazing lives.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just saw a TV news remembrance of all who passed this year....too many to name. Losing 2 family members in 2 days....has to be heart wrenching.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

a very close friend of mine, Barry, had a similar situation in his family with his dad, then mom passing 2 days later; damn, Barry was a wreck.

Anyways, poor Debbie, but as mentioned, they're together again, I believe in the afterlife but I also think it goes way past religion and is actually alien in nature, beam me up Scotty is exactly what I think happens.

R.I.P. Debbie Reynolds.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't even imagine losing two parents at the same time. That's life shattering right there.

true enough, but I should have clarified that Barry was 53 yrs old @ the time, but neither parent was sick, just somewhat elderly. His dad was a working dentist who suddenly died of a heart attack.

I like this pic a lot.
ScreenHunter_1184%20Dec.%2029%2017.36_zpsczam1ffj.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts