What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Merry Christmas!

Cadfael

Merry Christmas to all!

And thanks to all on this board for all the great info and debates we have here.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Happy Christmas all, I'm all full o turkey, hash cookie, spliff n coffee.... so I'm feeling pretty festive right now.
Good will to all, and all that.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
So...which word exudes a greater feeling of "joy"?

"Merry" or "Happy".

IMO, you must first be "happy" before becoming "merry"--but you can never be "merry" without first being "happy".

If that is so...then isn't it funny/odd that the "politically correct" greeting, "Happy Holidays" is a greeting of "joy" that actually is few notches below the original/traditional expression, "Merry Christmas"? Kinda gives a new meaning to "dumbing down"....and destroys the notion, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

To that I say, "Merry Fucking Christmas" to all my politically correct friends! LOL....now that zings a helluva lot better than, "Happy Fucking Holidays".