What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Long Time Lurker, First time grow log posting

Popice

I get so sidetracked in this place. i actually havent even been on regularly in a little while, its a whole new thing trying to post and figure it out.

Im living in a new indefinate place. I have 3 different plants. A (8 plants Total) Ghost Train Haze #1 from the first offering after that cannabis cup win. 6 since last november, one since last... fall, and one close to 2 years old? actualy idk anymore. i had the clone, gave it away, and am back with it. i was recounting earlier and wondered where the others where and i just remembered i gave those away as well, hopefully still going. a clone i dont know why is alive. it was flowered twice, once just to make sure she really sucked compared to the rest. and another that missed my last flower; i think this shitty one was left out as well but got put in the wrong side of the grow room.

I use my own soil with Coco coir. I have a bottle of molasses, a mix of seaweeds, and a bottle of FPEs outside. the fermentation doesnt smell too much but i have my finished soil out there as well, 15+ gallons.

Lately ive been only caring for teeny plants. like, everything under 4". (photos will come, lights out right now, busy day) Previously ive worked on hydro, commercial soil [not commercial weed], other personal soil, and some outdoors way the fuck back. Ive worked from a shelf to tents to rooms (only walked through a gorilla field, never dealt with that much, and early summer so not bud looking, [just leaves, not even clones]. I just love plants, communing with them. sometimes ill only grab 5 min a day, other times ive been on 10 hr day grows [not including mite fighting]

my schedules are in and out, so i grow to fit my life.

Popice

Ive been on a 24/0 schedule for a while but needed to get back into my plants. it keeps me sane. Highish humidity, great temps, and 4'flouros mean i can say hi, brush over branches, see whats growing, and put off organizing and BUILDING a freaking room out. and then every once in a while give some water.

Well today i put up a ceiling. cheap single sided masonite. unpainted. ....
my door still wont close all the way but they have a 18/6 lighting schedule now with a Blackdog 400. I went in there after lights out, it really lights up after a while. i see the cracks, and then the whole room. i like sitting in the dark sometimes, your eyes adjust, you never see anything but you can pay attention to the plants. this is an oblong 4x8x8 room, im only going to use half of it.

Popice

picture.php

This is the GHost Train Haze #1 clone that came back into my life.
picture.php

this is a good example of where my plants have been, small, trained, and now a little high on the fert side but i ran out of cocoa and they all needed a repot and root trim. now i have the cocoa and more soil coming along.

Popice

Ive inverted the Scrog grow style so i can move each plant individually. when theres high numbers of small things i dont want to deal with that mess of permanence. It also allows me to cater specifically to each plant. as you can see ill do this up to pretty good sized plants.

I sometimes do runs of random seeds i collect for variety. its gotten very difficult, however, all these designer sensi plants. Seriously i can offer full price for the shittiest seeded bags and its difficult for people to find. other times ive come across personal shipments from peoples home country, most times they never want to charge (and i wont make money of what i get), its usually a trade in product or just a nice smoke session talking about plants.

random seed runs means i have genetics that branch, mostly trainable, to ones that only want that dominant single cola no matter what. Some plants i swear dont even like being near other plants, its weird.

besides the variety i started doing these to see different mixes for my soil for different needs of plants. very unscientific. I was supposed to be in a much larger grow area to actually be looking for breedable plants, but Life. No rush, itll happen.

Popice

These 4 are trimmed up to hopefully work in 3 gallons within a couple weeks or so. The main stem wont be tall enough so hopefully the limbs will be strong enough to take branches. That last one probably needs to be reduced and most likely will be a work in progress all the way to flower.

Popice

ok so the first one was the last one i was talking about. (they were shot square, but needed to be edited square and resaved to be uploaded without a turn. idk if i like this or the popup viewer. ummm. i think i should be able to have rectangular pictures too.) and now im posting about how to post.
heres a picture of the shitty plant i still have. she was a light feeder all the way through. Bland smell, bland taste, mild high that reaches a ceiling quick. others in the same group had some good flavors, mild to nice highs but at least interesting while leaf structure and branching was all similar.

shit i think she was still actually better than the bud she came from, probably a dried hard crumbly ditch weed with a lot of stem. more difficult to find than designer bud, but ya i can see why no one wants shwag anymore.

Popice

Cuz i can, its my log and i dont know why people post things besides to say stuff, im gonna go on about NL5 for a minute. The first time i smoked i smoked out of a huge ziplock of "jamaican red hair" there were a bunch of us. it was covered in these red hairs. i got fucking high. There were a lot of hippies around my area that had kids. There was kind bud, regional weed, outdoor, and indoor. of course people had shwag but i always new people with good sensi. i just smoked with anybody who had weed when i felt like smoking. One of my good friends used to get a lot of brick still. maybe it was a dealer thing, ya know its what he does. well then there was NL5. i had something that reminded me of the taste like a month ago. pineyness, touch of that smell with something else, but a similar stone. i was like wow im smoking weed.

I had NL5 indoor and outdoor. it was what bud WAS for a while. i smoked a lot of other things, lots of white widow, skunk, random other shit, but not like that period of regular NL5. it went on longer than mitsubishis were a thing and we had those before it was a thing. I Fucking Loved that Northern Lights. i never grew it, and i never saw where it was coming from, but it was right there. I saw a couple NL5 plants, but didnt smoke those, well i dont think it was that crop, it mighta come from the guy who had the crop, but damn. I love the buds i get now, its not really a comparable thing. i never had NL5 in whole arm length colas. but the buds i had are probably what i subconsciously compare commercial buds to. the smell wasnt like when someone steps on the bus and everyone just looks at the kid who got on and someone has to say something about Loud. NL5 got you stoned and was a good time. it was never rock candy like white widow, but i smoked it because i wanted to smoke, not because i wanted to smoke "insert label here." Northern Lights 5 was smoking weed and i just remembered that again in my life so i wanted to share.

Popice

Everybodies loving the better light. So much so, clones were made and 2 other plants are going in. A couple got a heavy trim, more to come with the others. ill grab pictures when the rest get theirs. The plants that needed it just had way too many branches to grow over a foot in close dominance. At this size im trying to keep branches below 8, so theres faster growth for them to turn into limbs with at least 4 or more branches.

I added in 2 Plants , the space fits the pot/pot (plant to pot) ratio better.
(6)14"x21" plants as opposed to
(4)21"x21" plants All 6 are going for 2'+ height: variable to dominance at the height.

one of the last 2 added has 14 tops in which i already removed 4-6 unnecessary growth spots. With this plant im going to have to watch side branching until height is reached.

Popice

This plant shows it has one toe over the line for soil nutrient density. Its a little on the dark side for the green i like out of my GTH#1, and the very tip of the middle finger is touched with yellow. Not bad for the time until flower, or they wont go in until their at good color. The soil for the four 3 gallons already mixed and sitting is less rich. I have to mix up 6 more gallons (2 plants) so ill probably put it all together for a remix. one pot already has a tomato plant coming up.
..... The soil thats gone through other cycles has had tomatoes eaten in it, guinea pigs, so in everything ive been planting lately a tomato starts popping up. I had one pig that especially loved plant time. he knew he couldnt take from the tree, or wasnt supposed to, but loved to sit beneath the branches in the light. i seriously couldnt leave him out or id pay for it, then and later.

leaf reading

Popice

been a little bit, but threw into flower just under three weeks ago. i have pictues on day 3 (took around 8-10 days for constant pistil filling as opposed to leaves) im trying for this grow log, never been really good digitally, always take a pad and paper in whatever grow room i got. phone screen sucks, also camera, because i dont have any way to hook up my digital or film... so ill keep trying to upload shots and possibly give descriptions.

Popice

day 9

day 9

Heres day 9, a wider shot and some close ups. sorry if its shitty, i really dont know what they look like.

Popice

I got an oblong 4x4 area in a 4x8 room. i have somewhere over 120 tops between the 6 pots filling in a fairly even 42"x42." i expect about 7-10 days of some branch growth until the buds really take that area over. everything seems healthy, and im learning my light penetration, the blackdog is square and i really see the corners dropping but ive left corners and sides shoot up to kinda form a bowl shape around light penetration. smell is really coming in with deep basenotes of fuel, some of the hazey/citrus tones are almost over powered at this point. the first week the light notes were more prominent but now i almost need a stem rub.

i think i had a random plant thrown in there at the beginning, its taken out now to reveg either for a quick flower ir for clones to some people. it was slow but wasnt taking as well as i wanted and i just let the ghost train haze fill in its corner.

right now i have a strained seaweed ferment water i add about every week, and collected rainwater and fulvic acid amended distilled water. slightly nervous for growth as things werent totally planned but not worried for problems, so far i only have about a 3" differential for budsite tops along my "bowl" shape.

Popice

oh ya! idk how to show it but all single sugar leaves around pistils are just covered in trichomes. its one of the reasons i love this plant, but compared to other grows ive had with it this is kinda heavy or almost early for the desnity.

Popice

so pics 1&3 were today, the one in the middle yesterday. almost a month from flip, 10 days to be into bud mode. and now stretch is slowing down. fuel aroma is strong, especially first coming into the room. citrus comes in and out as a top note and as im picking leaves the haze aroma comes in real nice. trichomes are very present. ive had some under screen branches get picked out; major difference in time and light penetration. im leaving everything above no matter the size but canopy is fairly even. some have stretched up almost 6" in the central area, longer on the outside, but theyll just have to reach up a little close. heights maintain a 5" variation but most buds have stayed along my bowl curve.

Popice

still rain and distilled fulvic water with seaweed, which is actually about out and i havent made more. temps right at 78-80. humidity around 45-55+ in the rainy weather.

at some point i should start documenting my compost. i used to regulate it a lot more, almost would eat some weeks based off what id want scraps to compost for. right now im struggling to get enough heavy nitrogen or vegetables of any sort in my life, as my base is used timothy, bluegrass, and guinea pig poop. my outside "garden" non-grass boarded in area has been covered up and turned for the winter. i wont be here come spring but if my non-inlaws want to grow stuff they can.

back to the gth. drying my undergrowth to smoke soon. still love the trim i got. otherwise without leaving my house i get mediocre new bud (complete middle of the road commercial designer label bud) or once in a while something nice. odd watching legalization take over artist studios. dont really know what to think except both kinda take up more space than a tiny house and either can make money, while loving it gives a nice life and in either its so much better when someone else is your dealer.