What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !!

Guest423

Veteran
nice find, that is killer, i'd probably throw in the extra few bucks and get the stainless one, looks more beefy.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Hey all,

Been away for a few days. Glad to see you are keeping the thread active and offering up some ideas as well. I wish I had known they made one from SS when I came up with this idea, I might of held out for it. However, $15 bucks for the amount I'll use it is hard to beat. I'm curious though, does anyone know the dimensions of the SS model?

I'll be doing a bit more pressing in the next week or so and I'll be sure to post my results. I hope you will do the same.

(edit) OK, I did a bit of research, and it turns out that the SS model is only available on-line. For now, Makin's is exclusively marketing it thru wwwpmcsupplycom (insert appropriate dots). As stated, its $49.95. Of course they do offer free shipping for orders over 50 bucks, and there is a surcharge for Alaska, Hawaii, & Canada

Regards to all, PD

Last edited:

Kaibe

Pipedream- The diameter is the same for both units but the stainless steel unit's barrel is about half as long as the aluminum one, 3" and 5 1/2" respectively. The stainless steel unit is the right size for pucks (don't know why anyone would want to make a 5" tootsie roll plug of hash) and it fits into a stash box compartment well.

Last edited:

Pipedream

Veteran
Kaibe, Did you get yours online from PMC, or were you able to locate it elsewhere? What was the actual cost if different than the list of $49.95, and how about shipping if you did get it thru the mail? Have you used it yet? I'm guessing its much stronger. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Kaibe

Pipedream- Got it from PMC via USPS Priority mail. $49.95 plus$5 shipping. Got it 3 day after I ordered it online. It's well-built (thicker threads in the cap where the screw twists through); it would be hard to break by over-tightening. PMC even sent a $5 coupon for my next order, not sure if they ship out of the US.

sugabear_II

Veteran
I'm really likeing the stainless model ...

here's some hash pucks I have made and been nibblin on back two right top are brand new. as you can see I've been doing little designs in there with some of the different molds - I hit the top with a lighter to seal a bit more and browned the teardrop one...

10099hashishishish.JPG

sugabear_II

Veteran
Burmese bubblehash

10099bubblehashpressing_01.JPG

burmese bubble hash puck with micky mouse imprint (it's one of the extruders)

10099burmese_bubblehash_puck_01.JPG

fwiw I found that it released really easily when I put it in the freezer to cool off.

-suga

Pipedream

Veteran
:rasta:

As far as cooling & removal goes, here's what I found out and do.....

When I press, I use a "disk" or coin on both sides to act as a die. After pressing, I just screw the whole thing out with the disks still attatched to the hash puck. After letting it stand at room temp for 15 minutes or so, I just use the corner of a razor blade between the puck and the die. As soon as I push it in the tinyiest bit, it pops right off.

:rasta:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
I finally got mine, can't wait to try it. Pipedream, this is a great idea you came up with, thanx eh!!

Elevated1

Thank You!!

Thank You!!

Thank you so much for this informative article. I made my first batch the other day, it is fucking yummy!

TimewarP

ilife said:
I AM IN NO WAY ACCUSING YOU OF THIS:

but i know for a fact that the meat grinder is exactly the device used to adulturate roccan stuff. all over europe you get suff that tastes like it contains incense, wax, rubber [remember 'soapbar' anyone?]

it certainly is the perfect machine to use if you have a massive pile to process at once - check ilife's pictures elsewhere to see an excellent example of that!

Da Napster said:
I was thinking of picking up those bubble bags, but this looks fantastic and real cheap to boot
not even the same ballpark dude. two totally different tools. first get the bags, or a sift then get the press
surely if you use ground up flowers it will not stick together [?] maybe until it dries out then ittl come apart .. i.e. not really hash

==
good find on the clay thing!!! theres another one with two threaded ends and plugs that squish your stuff in the middle... my friends called it the 'hash-stealer' cause it was damn near impossible to get the sticky out of the middle!! this one looks like it would work a treat

still.. i prefer mine un-squashed
[but i do see the point first made about storage]

hogwild

i bought one of these, saved me some cash, and i can make any imprint i want on the hash pucks. Thanks for the idea dude.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Cool thread chaps, great turn on Pipedream, made my first coin hash presses in 78, I really liked the silver dollar size, but it took a major load to make a fine coin. The eagle imprint was cool.

For folks that can't run down to a store and get one, a hardware store will do. I take the various coins in my pocket and find brass or steel fittings, just a male/ female screw coupling. Just find the section and look, you can see once the parts are in front of you. Tighten with a wrench.
H

prophecy

I tried it and I'm not sure if the screens are really use full?!? That only press the weed firmly. That don't extract anything!?!?!?

bye

Latest posts

Latest posts