What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I dont like christmas

maybe the right tittle is *i hate christmas* but who cares??
personally i found the christmas days so fake and so unreal
and makes me sick...peoples around the world suffering and starving
and we celebrating the born of jesus..that sucks..
gifts,foods,sweets and so so much lights..a fake enviroment
for a fake celebration(christmas holidays kiss my **&^%)
....and after a couple days,back to reality

IF I COULD ONE DAY STOPPED THE CHRISTMAS AND GIVED
ALL THAT ENERGY AND GIFTS ,TO THE PEOPLE
THAT TRULY NEEDS ARE HELP..IMAGINE THE REAL HAPPINESS.

im not familiar with the english language but i wanted to share
this here because is something im thinking every year:tiphat:

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
The christian church made christmas, said it was Jesus birthday. In reality it is an thousands of year old celebration. The winter solstice, from this day on the days are going to be brighter, everyday 3 minutes.
Santa Claus as we know him today is strongly infuenced by the Coca Cola Santa Claus.

Don´t believe the hype but I like x-mas time.:)

G

ganjygav

I too am not a fan of Christmas. More than anything it's become commercialized. Why do you think it's pushed on us so much when every other religious article is being suppressed in public.
Economies would struggle real bad without the money generated by sales made and money spent over the Christmas period.

I personally do not know one person who attends church and most people I talk to dread Christmas but still go through it because I suppose there is a pressure to do so. Especially families with children.

Me and my partner don't put decorations up not even a tree and have not brought gifts for each other for over a decade.
We are not Christian, we don't celebrate Christmas as we are also not muslim and don't celebrate Eid.

brown_thumb

Yes, it's way too commercialized. It's the yearly pinnacle of American greed and selfishness. I want... I want... I WANT IT ALL NOW!!

I agree we should be doing more for the destitute rather than getting a new Smart Phone every year and filling shelves full of video games, etc. This rabid commercialization frankly makes me nauseous.

There's nothing wrong with having 'stuff'. I have stuff too. It's the extreme excesses we go to that's wrong, IMO.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
My ancestors have been celebrating the solstice since before that roman soldier ever met Mary.

We will continue to do so as long as the Earth rotates, names do not matter, the truth is the days stop getting shorter and spring is on the way.
Cause enough to celebrate unless you live in a warm area.

Borderliner

commercial business has killed Christmas but the anniversary of the birth of Christ has nothing to do with it. It's a spirit of expectation of the coming of Our Lord

agree so much with all of you..

xmas are a light in the miserable life of the poor peoples..
i have so much to say but i dont know the words...

p0opstlnksal0t

I enjoy the gathering of family and friends. Ive become scrooge over the years though. everyone expecting things, gifts, sending lists of things they want, etc... its become quite a down time for me in the last few years. i've tried getting my family to stop buying everyone shit but they are all just too deep into the matrix to wise up...

KIYolQX.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
I don't get shit for xmas.maybe a little bit of weed and beer but that's it.nobody has money to buy people stuff here.I look forward to making a ham or something though.

G

ganjygav

I don't get shit for xmas.maybe a little bit of weed and beer but that's it.nobody has money to buy people stuff here.I look forward to making a ham or something though.

Yes,food,beer,weed and people is all you need for a good Xmas time.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
hey. billy_big_bud! here. originator of the fuckristmas movement. the least they could do is give it an honest name. like economy invigoration day or something to that effect. to pretend it has anything to do with something other than retail sales is fucking asinine.

Green Squall

Ya Christmas isn't my favorite time of year either. I have this one family member who literally doesn't stop talking....for the whole day. It's mentally tiring.

Haven't been to church in a over a decade (except funerals) and our gatherings are small nowadays, so I bite my tongue and endure it. My dads been smoking small amounts to help sleep and said the pipe I gave him is harsh, so I bought him an Arizer Solo. I'll get my mom some antique bullshit and for the talker a gift certificate. One gift each for immediate family.

I might need to break out the bottle of aged gin this year that I've been saving...

~star~crash~

yeah but it's great for the Kids! c'mon be real about that at least

Christmas is for Kids!!

I don't celebrate it though ...not anymore >>>> but i like Christmas lights !!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Christmas, or what it’s turned into, is nothing more than the biggest cluster fuck of a holiday as can be imagined.

Far as I can tell it’s just a scam to get one more dollar from the sheep before the year comes to a close!