What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bug Identification (sorry no pics)

Hello,
I work at a garden supply store and a customer dropped off some bugs in isopropyl alcohol for identification. I used our microscope and was able to see what resembled a wasp. Unfortunately our digital microscope camera hasn't been able to work correctly so I can't share a photo. IKR! What is this 2012 or something but anyway... You can see them visible to the eye but not shape. The one damaging wasp I found was a Gall wasp but is far too large to be the ones being identified.

The customer saw these on the soil and did not notice any damage other than the thrip and aphid damage he was already aware of. The bugs looked wasp like; body shape hairs coming off body, 6 legs, antennae and those big eyes.

Any tips in the right direction appreciated!

buzzmobile

Veteran
Could be a predator wasp. Some common ones: Encarsia formosa; Aphidius colemani; Ichneumon wasps (lots of species in this family).

Hey thanks for the response! It resembled most to the colemani but the samples i viewed were a fraction the size of an aphid. That may what be throwing me off. Im not certain of the size relevance to zoom magnification.