What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seedlings cotyledons wont grow or even get green

QQNPK

I quess iam removing the plastic bag over her for good then, now it seems as if one of the cotys had digged itself into the stem and caused a wound overnight, which seems to be infected by fungi/bacteria ughh this one had a rough start lol now she gotta beat that possible infection before its safe to say she wilö make it

Attachments

• 20190606_180536.jpg
    20190606_180536.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 23

I wood

A slit in the bag is a good transition to open air, a day or two keeps the shock low.

Also a h2o2 spray can save many seedlings from fungal issues, early detection is key.
One part standard 3% h2o2 in nine parts water has always worked well for me.
I learned this growing cacti seedlings years ago when I couldn’t source any of the fungicides mentioned on the cacti forums. A daily spray lead me to a better success rate than expected with chemical fungicides.

QQNPK

A slit in the bag is a good transition to open air, a day or two keeps the shock low.

Also a h2o2 spray can save many seedlings from fungal issues, early detection is key.
One part standard 3% h2o2 in nine parts water has always worked well for me.
I learned this growing cacti seedlings years ago when I couldn’t source any of the fungicides mentioned on the cacti forums. A daily spray lead me to a better success rate than expected with chemical fungicides.
Thanks mate ill do that instead so she doesnt burn overnight or something the leaves are really tiny, i used to always have some h2o2 but the drug stores in sweden stopped selling the 3% and doesnt want to say why, quess i could go to a paint store or something and mix it myself. Really sucks cause i always treated wounds and stuff with 3% h2o2 :tiphat:

QQNPK

You sound so happy for Zoey's recovery that I can't avoid being sympathetic with you!

GO GO GO ZOEY !!!!! :woohoo:
:dance013::dance013::dance013:
:peacock:

Yeah i sure was mate but unfortunately she died of damping off, it was either due to the wound or to wet soil, but theres 7 pretty healthy seedlings left now so im pretty happy about that but it sure would have been great if Zoey made it.

Latest posts

Latest posts