What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Leon Redbone

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

dang, Leon was one of the greats. he helped me transition out of R&R (not entirely) going into the mid & late '70s when I embraced mostly jazz & fusion.

R.I.P. Leon.......

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dang, another great one gone! Listened to "Double Time" album incessantly in '77. Brings back memories. RIP.

M

moose eater

Saw Mr. Redbone in concert at University of Alaska-Fairbanks, where he went on stage before Jesse Colin Young, with the show happening shortly after John Lennon was killed.

Did a paper tab of some decent Lucy at that show, and sat by myself. It was both a fine and somber evening. JCY did an encore of Lennon's 'Imagine,' and subdued the vibe a bit in doing so. But a fine night.

Leon Redbone was not a cookie-cutter artist, by any stretch. Unique, and entertaining.

The image from the cover of his album, with the frog stepping across the train track, tipping his hat, was painted as a mural on the boiler house/room wall at the Hippie School in Carcross, Yukon Territory, Canada in the '70s.

Another chapter closed, another will open. 'Bye Leon.

All of life's time is limited. Death is as much a part of life, as life is of death. Yin & Yang. Alpha & Omega.