What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veg+Bloom: RO/Soft vs. DOS A+B

So i've been using RO/Soft for quite some time and I love it. I regularly get flower that test 25% -30% and 2%-4.5% terps. Recently I had to make the switch to the Dos A+B because some people thought an injector system would be better than reservoir tanks.

I talked to the people from Hydroponic Research and they told me that to mimic RO/soft fomula, use a ratio of 3:2, Dos A: Dos B (3/5 A, 2/5 B) they also said that this would be lacking Potassium and to supplement it with .1% K2O4 (so for the sake of my math below, just ignore K)

I noticed herms on my Birthday Cake for the first time ever right after switching to the Dos A and B formulation so i decided to break down the numbers and compare the elemental percentages of RO/Soft vs Dos A and B.

Below I've attached a picture of the elemental components (by weight) of RO/Soft and the Dos A+B at at 3:2 ratio. As you can see, they are major differences. For example, Dos A+B has 4800% more Mo than RO/ Soft and 95% less Nitrogen from nitrate.

Anybody else make a switch from RR/Soft to Dos A+B? I'm very dissatisfied.