What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can I give cannabis to my dog? If yes, how?

parkerharry

Cannabis is good for my pet. If yes,how?
informenter-marker-1.png

kaochiu

Veteran
Ask the dog. Honestly, why do you want to give cannabis to your dog? Most likely he'll feel weird and not comfortable at all. In the best of cases is like giving cannabis to a child.
I know there's some research on cannabis for pets as a medicine, but that is for sick pets.

J

jaded1

That's right dog star,a few of my family all swear by cbd for their dogs ailments.They were given it by vets and have seen the difference in them since they started using it.

burmese

friend have ridgeback female, and when we smoke together, she want too, so we gave her always little 0,2 g dried leafs /naturally with more cbd/ from trimmed buds previous year, or give her stem from just smoked bud. She like it, also fresh leafs.

Dog Star

Veteran
Dogs chew on fresh leafes.. that is how i get idea to incorporate dog head with
a leaf in his mouth in mine company logo,look at a signature...

tough i growing potent strains usually for mine PTSD issues i never get idea
to give buds to mine dog,it definitly dont look OK to treat animal that is not
ill in a first place..

But i will give him CBD meds anyday..,CBD works also as prevention to some illness
so i dont see any bad impact on his health and its not psychoactive so he
will not trippin from it...

think also if he chews on green leafes that is also not bad cause if there is some
THC its mostly THCA,usually he chew a bit and then spit out,never sees him
that he ingest leaf... and very small amounts,just one or two little leafes..

he is very gentle and considarable with plants,like he haves lot more sense
for other beings than how us people usually act on these same plants..

when we are out in walk i sees him from time to time he goes to smell flowers..
always is some different flower,poetic soul definitly.. and interested in plants..

grayeyes

I trimmed my fan leaves outside and left them on the ground. I caught my dog chewing them and he was sick for a week. No more.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
They have been experimenting with CBD for dogs but definitely don't give THC to your dog.

'Boogieman'

I had a bad experience, spilled a little coconut oil and my dog licked it up before I knew what happened. He was very fucked up and leaned his body and kinda swayed back n forth with closed eyes. His balance was messed up and he seemed scared to sleep. It took days to get him back to normal. Never again.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
There have been a number of cases of fatality. There are also claims from people who gave their dogs pot all the time with minimal effect. Just like people, it depends on the dog.

I would never ever take that chance with my dog. Ever.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes,,
No way is our dog getting any fan leaf or sugar leaf,,,
No bud either of course,,,s2