What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MGT's Organic Gorilla Glue t5 Scrog

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Welcome, first off not sure if I should of put this in the micro section or here, it is a small grow, but Idk about micro...

First brief history on the cab, have some family staying with us for a lil bit, so had to stop the garage cabs, actually took them all apart and tore it down, kept my mothers though of course. Also took the corner desk apart to make more room, drew up some plans on the computer and while taking it all apart I cut the pieces to size for the plans, and couple months later put most the cab together and moved the moms inside. As of today, the cab is still just bare wood inside, and no fans or ventilation are hooked up or installed. Also still have to setup a door, of which the plan is to make a zippered black/white poly door, with Velcro at the bottom.

Anyways, this small cabinet was assembled from parts from my garage cab and my corner desk, link for the garage cab is in my sig. This cab is very much a work in progress, but I do have "high" hopes for it. The flower area of the cab is roughly 54"wide x 12"deep x 30"tall. As of now, there is just a lonely 6 bulb 4ft t5 in there, but I plan to add 2 more bulbs. There is another section of the cab on the left, that is roughly 18"x24"x30" that will house the blower and scrubber and other electrical things. The screens will be modular, same way I did them in the garage cab, however this time each screen will be roughly only 1sq foot. There are 8 GG4's, so in total about 2ft x 4ft of screen, directly under the t5's.

This cab is in no way ideal, but using what I had around and all I really need to get yet is a smaller blower and scrubber, as mine are all overkill for this, even turned low on the speed controller.. But yeah, long story short, have some family staying with us, so the grow had to move to this.

So, brief history on the plants, they are roughly 5 weeks old as of writing this post, and when I took the cuttings, both myself and the cab really were not to ready, so I added some lite quano to my soiless mix so I wouldn't have to start teas right away. They were inoculated when put into solo cups, and topped a couple days later, and inoculated again when moved into the 1 gal pots 3 weeks give or take later, I really only gave them water up until this transplant to keep them smaller while I got more ready. When they went into the 1 gals, they got the first does of tea(emc, kelp, Alaskan forest humus, and molasses). Have been alternating that with the addition of bad and seabird guano ever since.

After a few days in the 1 gals, they got tied down for the time, and once again a couple days ago, and in about a week I will be inoculating and transplanting 1 more time into either 2 or 3 gal pots, I'm still not sure, at the time they will each receive their modular screens.

I really have no idea what to except for yield as I have never flowering with a t5, but have been scrogging for a handful of years now, so I have high hopes. Ive seen anywhere from 2 to 12 oz under a t5, and thats quite the range lol.

Tomorrow I plan to get the black/white polly in the cab, clean up the area, and will post some current pics, but I will post a few for now, I have been taking pics every 1 to 5 days lol.

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Now, I was late watering once, and dont have fans in just yet, but they will be looking much better very soon.

*edit* not sure why it says "orginal glue" everywhere, instead of "Gor-illa Glue" */edit
*edit_2.0* okay I get it, I know what happened with the name, just didn't realize we couldn't type it here, so GG4 it is... */edit_2.0*

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran

Small update, but that's them as of today, the wife been in hospital so dealing that and the kids, updates be a lil slow. But tomorrow goes up the white poly and they get their last transplant, and probably the screens will go up. Things are bout' to start cranking.

starke

Just fyi, my doors are panda plastic with adhesive zippers. I also wanted to use velcro on the bottoms. The velcro adhesive stuck fine to the wooden door frame but would not adhere well to the panda plastic. Opening the bottom usually resulted in part of the velcro pulling away from the panda. Did away with it after three days.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
resulted in part of the velcro pulling away from the panda

Thanks for the heads up, I post what I come up with its all said and done.

I did swap my big filter for a small 4" filter and inline fan today, just have to get a new speed controller and smaller 4" clamps and the exhaust will be done.

I misread the calendar, and it looks like the transplant will wait until Monday if I go with 3 gal pots, I have 2 gals pots now but not enough perlite or 3 gal pots to do that until Monday, I could do 2's tomorrow though but I'm still undecided on 2 or 3 gals. Leaning towards 3's, either way I will share pics of the soiless mix and transplanting when it happens.

Plans as of now, are doing the panda film tomorrow, except for the door, and if going to 3 gals doing the transplant, screens, exhaust, and poly door on Monday.

More to come soon, thanks for stopping by. :tiphat:

lol at how small this filter is compared to my 6" which was my small filter, I traded a buddy on of my 8" for this 4" and in line with it. Man its tiny haha

Last edited:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, bout to take the kids to go visit the woman at the hospital, figured Ide share the last couple pics before tomorrows transplant, big changes come tomorrow, I can't wait. And as a bonus, a couple shots of the breeding room(not just for mj)

So yeah, gave them guano tea last night, and took off all the twist ties, and set the plants on the bottom of the cab instead of on top of the 2 gal pots, figured Ide let them stretch them selves out for the day before transplant and screens go up tomorrow. Big updates to come tomorrow, thanks for stopping by.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, at this point the corners and edges are sealed in the cab, still have to attach the panda film, waiting until I get an new speed controller for the blower, maybe tomorrow. I picked up 2 zipper kits for the door, as well as some new 3 gal pots and all the pvc/fittings/eye hooks needed for the modular screens. I normally build them a bit a different, but when the screen is not much larger than the pots this how it had to be done, I'm still pleased with it. Will drill the holes for the eye hooks tomorrow and the transplant, I'm a gallon or two short on EWC to make enough soiless mix, so have to grab another bag tomorrow. Here are a few pics from yesterday/today to tide over until the rest is complete.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
updates coming soon, trying to wait to post them all at once, but here is one last one for now...I will just say though, that if I didn't already commit to the scrog for this in this thread, I would have just left them how they are, I feel that I topped them and lst enough that I would of done just fine, and I feel that with these screens my plants may be a bit over branched and will prolly have to cut back a lil more that I would of liked, and will have some dead space on on side but hoping to fill it with another fan..., but all and all it should still rock and again, updates very very soon.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, I still havn't got around to getting up the panda film yet unfortunately, however I did transplant to the 3 gallon pot, and put the modular scrogs up. I'm not sure if I should lower the screens or not though. If I were to lower them 1 to 2 inches, they would be mostly filled up, if not ill have to wait a bit, and tie the bigger branches down to be even with the shorter ones and let them grow up together. I may make a new thread elsewhere to ask for thoughts on that part, but at this point I am leaning towards lowering the screens a lil bit.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Hello, okay so if you are wondering why the panda isn't up yet, I'm waiting to get a new speed controller for the blower before I get the cab all sealed up.

But, I do have a question.

was hoping to get some opinion on if I should lower my screens an inch or two...or leave them as they are. Ive only done screens under hps, and never this small. Under 1000hps my tops threw the screens ended up 6 to 12 inches but where way over grown

Pots are 8" to the top (3 gals) another 8 inches to top of screens, and about another 8" to the bottom of the t5's.

I could have full screens if I lower them an inch or two, but I feel if I let them fill in it may get to full lol. Ide rather have them a too small than to large and have to cut to much off.

So for any more experienced with scrog and lower watt lights, whats your thoughts on my screen height for this small of a setup?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well not much of an update really, but the plants def took off after last transplant and full tea. Been having to fold branches down on the daily now, within a day or two ill be stripping away some of the lower growth as well as re positioning the branches to where I want them. Should only be a couple days away from poly walls, as I been saying for a bit. I did get some ductwork going and a dif blower hooked up until the speed controller comes in.

So anyways, here a few more pics...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
looks very healthy, and your dogs are very cute, I want to touch their heads lol

Why thank you, yeah they are healthy, could be better tho, but should still turn out good. Will have some update pics up later on tonight, and should be on par for another growth spurt tomorrow.

starke

The cab seems to be doing great as your ladies look very happy. Digging your modular scrog screens. What are the approximate dimensions?

Jammal

Looking good , nice to see some flouro growing,,t5's can rock....

there is a fairlycheap brand of T5 fixtures called durolux or doulux I think theres both even, but they have double ended t5 fixtures,,,I actually have one of the 16 bulb ones...it rocks...but I've left it behind for now....
I have some pics...

you could maybe fit the 12 or 16 in there

I just mention this if you chose to stay the flouro route

Attachments

• IMG_20170414_185432144_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170414_185432144_HDR.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20170414_185519767.jpg
    IMG_20170414_185519767.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20170414_185627648.jpg
    IMG_20170414_185627648.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20170414_190552165.jpg
    IMG_20170414_190552165.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20170414_190726778.jpg
    IMG_20170414_190726778.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 20

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
The cab seems to be doing great as your ladies look very happy. Digging your modular scrog screens. What are the approximate dimensions?

Thanks, yeah I like nthe modular screens. Had to set them up that way for the 1000 garage cab, had 6 screens in there. But yeah for this one to fit them the screens are only 11.5" square. I could of went rectangular and added another 2 inch or so but figured ide keep em square and rotate them. If you need the other dimensions they are posted above

Looking good , nice to see some flouro growing,,t5's can rock....

there is a fairlycheap brand of T5 fixtures called durolux or doulux I think theres both even, but they have double ended t5 fixtures,,,I actually have one of the 16 bulb ones...it rocks...but I've left it behind for now....
I have some pics...

you could maybe fit the 12 or 16 in there

I just mention this if you chose to stay the flouro route

Don't know anything about the bulbs your talking about, was debating trying the power veg bulbs in here...

Yeah, I'm mostly doing this to see what it will do, and because I'm not willing to wait any longer to grow again. After the move back to the 1000's, however we shall see, would be nice to do stacked screens...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
I know I keep promising the big updates, and they will come very soon, within' the next couple of days. They seem to be healthy right now, looking nice and green, smelling nice and strong. I can't wait to flip, no idea what to expect from a t5, but they at least are looking good in veg. There are some things that I would like to be trying out nute wise, but I'm sticking with what I'm doing threw out this grow. I would be using some things for better root growth, but I don't want to over grow these small plants lol. Anyways, uploading some pics, and there will be some more later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts