What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Satellite

SolarLogos

PS Indoor trichomes

PS Indoor trichomes

So the trichomes are still milky. Anyone have any idea what those two round things are, twin baby seeds? IDK, I've not noticed those before.

Peace, God bless

dufous

The two round things are the calyces. The pistil grows out from the top of the calyx. If the pistils receive pollen, the calyx is fertilized and grows a seed.

SolarLogos

The two round things are the calyces. The pistil grows out from the top of the calyx. If the pistils receive pollen, the calyx is fertilized and grows a seed.
Thank you very much for that information dufous. This is the first time I've noticed the ovary open, exposing the calyx, usually I just notice them swelling. I need to pay better attention. Thanks again.

Peace, God bless

Foggy420

Yep here comes the botrytis
(See it in the lower part of the close up bud, and the dying leaves are sure to attract more)

It doesn’t look quite done yet, the pistols have just started to shrivel and I haven’t had a chance to check the trychs under a microscope, but I’m on h2o only until the botrytis insists on snip snip

picture.php

picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Foggy, can I ask what general area your growing?
You, by far have the best looking plant of p.s. Vermontman said that the pistils purple with more intense light.
You must be growing in the sun!
Awesome looking purple Satellite. She's the one I wish I had.

My outdoor p.s. has-been hanging to dry. Buds dry enough to smoke, but needs a cure taste-wise.
I like the buzz! So far anyways. I usually get a good buzz the first few days of any new strain, but then quickly build tolerance.

SolarLogos

Foggy, can I ask what general area your growing?
You, by far have the best looking plant of p.s. Vermontman said that the pistils purple with more intense light.
You must be growing in the sun!
Awesome looking purple Satellite. She's the one I wish I had.

My outdoor p.s. has-been hanging to dry. Buds dry enough to smoke, but needs a cure taste-wise.
I like the buzz! So far anyways. I usually get a good buzz the first few days of any new strain, but then quickly build tolerance.
That is interesting, I had assumed it was because of the Nepalese influence (looks like thaibliss' bunglung nepal). Our temperatures stayed between 95-105 during most of veg and flower, only in the past week has it cooled. I had green calyxes and white hairs. Hairs turned orange, then withered dark brown. The calyxes turned purple in the past 5-6 days, which I think is due to the low temperatures dropping to 50-53F, as HxP simultaneously developed purple on top of her petioles. I agree with you, foggy definitely has the most beautiful PS on here.

Glad you like the buzz, I am feeling more and more like a kid on Christmas eve!
Peace, God bless

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My indoor p.s. darkened up big time without major temp differences. Some of the leaves are almost black.
I'm sure nutrients plays a big role like always.
And indoors is 12/12 where outdoors is just now getting to 12 1/2 hours of sunlight. Not including civil twilight.
I still have one more p.s. outside weaved into a fence, plus my indoor under 600hps.
I'd like to see if the outdoor darkens as the days are getting much shorter.

SolarLogos

The trichomes are mostly all cloudy, not much amber/gold yet, however, they do seem to be getting frostier by the day. They are still kicking out a few white hairs, but that seems to have slowed. Here are a couple small side buds

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

F2F

P.S. under 600hps will be done soon! Another week or so.
Amber starting in last pic.

Heya Canna. Good stuff. Looking frosty!!

I've seen those black dots in the trich heads before in my outdoor stuff. Do you know what causes that?

I always guessed it happened during periods of high temps.

Cheers,
F2F

sdd420

Veteran
Heya Canna. Good stuff. Looking frosty!!

I've seen those black dots in the trich heads before in my outdoor stuff. Do you know what causes that?

I always guessed it happened during periods of high temps.

Cheers,
F2F

Looks like purpling

F2F

they're pretty pronounced in the 2nd and 3rd pics...look at the upper portion of the calyx in the 2nd pic for example...

To me they always looked to be a trich that had some degradation product that was eventually encased by new production after recovery. A black blob in the middle of a clear captitate head.

Cheers,
F2F

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
they're pretty pronounced in the 2nd and 3rd pics...look at the upper portion of the calyx in the 2nd pic for example...

To me they always looked to be a trich that had some degradation product that was eventually encased by new production after recovery. A black blob in the middle of a clear captitate head.

Cheers,
F2F

Yes, I have definitely seen what you speak of. Pretty sure your right.
Like on the last pic.

But, I think the pic you are referring to it's just reflection of something dark. I had to position the phone and clip-on microscope just right. All the trichs off to the side would show a dark reflection, and the ones on opposite side would reflect gold because of yellowish lightbulb in my bar.
I got all excited at first because I thought most of the trichomes were Amber. Lol.

But yes, the trichomes will definitely encase little particles and such.

sdd420

Veteran
Yes, I have definitely seen what you speak of. Pretty sure your right.
Like on the last pic.

But, I think the pic you are referring to it's just reflection of something dark. I had to position the phone and clip-on microscope just right. All the trichs off to the side would show a dark reflection, and the ones on opposite side would reflect gold because of yellowish lightbulb in my bar.
I got all excited at first because I thought most of the trichomes were Amber. Lol.

But yes, the trichomes will definitely encase little particles and such.

Or turn purple, that is purple trichomes

F2F

I've googled and searched forums and can't find much if any explanation for those trichs with dark blobs on the inside. I searched up "purple in trichomes" and it seemed different to what I have had, and what this is here. But, purple trichs are cool! I believe there is TGA JC2 pheno with pink trichs.

Best
F2F

'Boogieman'

I'm very interested how the potency turns out. In my experience very early strains lack in potency but I have high hopes for this one.

F2F

The oaxacan was to have "bumped" things up in potency. Time will tell when these guys come back with the smoke reports.

Kind of come from the same camp as you Boogieman - longer flowering means better potency. However, I always wondered is it really the case for Strains like PS as these start flowering a lot earlier than other strains? Some of my haze hybrids don't push pistils until 1st-2nd week Sep. these are beginning flower much much earlier, right?, so the TOTAL flower time might be as/more relevant here.

Best
F2F

Latest posts

Latest posts