What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras Breeze limited edition

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That looks awesome hush!!

My Honduras Pheno also has some balls and nanners but only some and I dont know if they pollinated anything.

Here is my Honduras Pheno in Week 11 with some serious reflowering going on and even some purple colour. :D

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79304&pictureid=1959744&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79304&pictureid=1959743&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79304&pictureid=1959745&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The nepal pheno I already cut down and in my tests so far it was really good, but of course needs some more curing. Can't imagine how good this longer flowering plant will be if the short flowering is already so good :dance013:
One batch of female seeds coming up! Woot woot!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
After a few weeks in the jar she's got a carrot, geranium, musky mint kind of smell. Taste has improved and is now quite pleasant with a hint of sweetness. Really nice smoke and definitely gets you quite high with a couple of tokes. Another outstanding Ace offering.

Kijell

So my Honduras Pheno went to Day 90 and could have gone a week longer I think, so the flowering can be a bit longer.

The reflowering on the bottom of the plant was massive and still going on at chop, but could have been caused by the light change from LED to HPS at week 9 which brought new life to the plant.

Some Budshots from the finish
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bud at the very bottom
picture.php

Flavour after the some days of curing is complex and fits the description of the strain very good.
It is not that loud smelling, but in there is some fresh lemony flower smell with a bit of chocolate background. Very interesting.
Did the first smoke test today and it was already very good so far, it had the effect I was searching for.
Motivating and happy with a good focus.
When you smoke it you get more of that chocolate flavour than that lemon/flower flavour, it was delicious.
Very curious to see how it will develope over the next weeks with more curing.

Already got another 2 plants on the way looking for that long flowering pheno. I think I really like this strain. :thank you:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks TexasTea for giving a try to this new limited edition, for completing successfully the grow and for sharing your opinion about her after a bit of curing process. :huggg:

Your pheno and experience are on spot with my experience with this hybrid and with the description of the strain i wrote. The flowers of your pheno have an almost pure sativa look, a blend of Honduras and Jamaican, while the thick stalks and short flowering are traits coming from the Nepalese Highland. Glad you found the effect inspirational and functional, it's not psychedelic, neither narcotic, she just enhances your good mood, senses and your being in a very natural and kind way.

I decided to take her down last week. This was a very manageable sativa, just make sure you have a little head room for the stretch. I had topped this plant once and got two large colas and nice side branching. Yield was very good for a smallish plant in a 3 gallon pot. Hasn't finished curing but maybe 1.5-2 ounces total. Flowers are just like the description, large and heavy but just airy enough to avoid bud rot. Trichomes were mostly cloudy with just a few ambers here and there when I harvested, pistils were 98% red and the plant had a good fade on it. Easy to trim with excellent leaf to bud ratio.

Early smoke report: The aroma has faded now and turned more carroty with dried fruits, leather, sweet incense and a little bit of gym locker room thrown in. She's still not quite ready to put in the jar but I'm sampling anyway. Taste is not great but I think with a cure this will improve quite a bit. Definitely some interesting terpenes though. I smoked a few big hits and spent about an hour practicing guitar. It was excellent for a practice session, clear but functional. Very enjoyable and exotic smoke which I look forward to testing further.

After a few weeks in the jar she's got a carrot, geranium, musky mint kind of smell. Taste has improved and is now quite pleasant with a hint of sweetness. Really nice smoke and definitely gets you quite high with a couple of tokes. Another outstanding Ace offering.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you very much Kijell also for your positive feedback on Honduras Breeze :thank you:

That's a real beautiful Honduras pheno with that sativa flowering look and slight purple hues ... very happy to hear she delivers the happy, active and well focused effects you were looking for. Pleased to hear you are germinating a couple of seeds more. Thanks again!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow hush! :D What a great development of your Honduras Breeze SCROG! Really inspiring, friend :tiphat:

Your plant speaks of all the good cares and attentions you have been providing her .... i apologize for not chime in in this and other threads lately, i've been travelling for the last 5 weeks without much chance to be online on the forums.

Hope this cycle is coming to a successful end as you deserve, and that the slight hermie tendencies have been under control.
Would love to know how did the cycle finish when you have the chance.

Regarding the slight hermie tendencies some of you are experiencing ..... the testing we did last year outdoors with Honduras Breeze didn't show any hermie tendencies, but since this hybrid was produced with a P1 Honduras parental plant and half of the original P1 Honduras showed nanners indoors (although these parental plants were discarded for breeding Honduras and its hybrids) some nanners cannnot be discarded when growing Honduras and its hybrids indoors, especially if they are forced with strong feeding. The P2 pure Honduras release has been very firm sexually in our testings and in our customers and growers experiences, as well in hybrids, but guess indoors they could be more susceptible to produce some nanners under certain environmental conditions.

Day 41 of flowering:

View Image

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
No worries, dubi! Everything is looking fantastic in my garden, and even though the end result is a bit seeded, I expect it to be fantastic. I'll update soon. I plan on taking pics later tonight for my hidey hole journal, so I'll throw some in here as well. I just cut down my first branch from the plant just a few days ago. It was the cola that I pollinated with some GT pollen. I wanted to go ahead and sample the dried product at this stage anyway to see where the high is. I plan on keeping the plane going a little longer, but not sure by how much. I want to get my Bubba Hash grow going... I've already got seedlings, and they're just waiting for the space.

Dub, I'm curious about the herm tendencies' transference to hybrid seed progeny? I'm talking about the seeds I made with the GT pollen... Do you think they'll necessarily be carrying on the herm genes, or do you think it's possible I could still end up getting plants that took their sex genes from the Golden Tiger father? I know it's a guess, but you could give me a more educated one than I can come up with for myself. :biggrin:

And by the way, chocolate is a somewhat dominant aroma in the HB tent. It's exotic, man.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
A few days ago I chopped the branch that I pollinated with GT, so that I could collect the seeds. It's about dry enough now for pictures:

Qk2x6fH.jpg

G2TUSPW.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow! :D Indeed fantastic results with your Honduras Breeze indoor SCROG!

Best Honduras Breeze outcome we have seen so far since this limited edition was released early this year. You can be proud of your growing skills and i'm sure her gentle, uplifting and positive effects will enhance your mood after the unpleasant times you had to deal with during the last months.

Glad you produced some seeds by pollinating her with Golden Tiger pollen. PandyFlacker did a Golden Tiger x Honduras hybrid which he seem to be enjoying, an although your cross is not exactly the same, would be quite similar and can only get better with the little addition of Nepal Jam to the Honduras/GT blend.

Regarding hermie issues in the offspring, it's impossible to fully confirm without growing the seeds, but since your Honduras Breeze girl was not very problematic after all and since Golden Tiger 2nd version is very sexually stable i think you can play safe with the seeds you have produced in your upcoming grows.

No worries, dubi! Everything is looking fantastic in my garden, and even though the end result is a bit seeded, I expect it to be fantastic. I'll update soon. I plan on taking pics later tonight for my hidey hole journal, so I'll throw some in here as well. I just cut down my first branch from the plant just a few days ago. It was the cola that I pollinated with some GT pollen. I wanted to go ahead and sample the dried product at this stage anyway to see where the high is. I plan on keeping the plane going a little longer, but not sure by how much. I want to get my Bubba Hash grow going... I've already got seedlings, and they're just waiting for the space.

Dub, I'm curious about the herm tendencies' transference to hybrid seed progeny? I'm talking about the seeds I made with the GT pollen... Do you think they'll necessarily be carrying on the herm genes, or do you think it's possible I could still end up getting plants that took their sex genes from the Golden Tiger father? I know it's a guess, but you could give me a more educated one than I can come up with for myself. :biggrin:

And by the way, chocolate is a somewhat dominant aroma in the HB tent. It's exotic, man.

Wow Hush! What a beast! The look of the buds remind me of a denser fatter version of the stouter Honduras female I grew.

Looking forward to hearing how she smokes!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well, I'll post a better, more official smoke report soon, but for now, having vaped on it for a few days now, I'm starting to feel confident talking about it, so here's a quick report...

The buds are very red colored because of all the rusty pistils. That also gives them that old school hairy/fuzzy look to them. The buds themselves don't seem to have much of a powerful aroma to them yet. But when I break them up the smells are starting to show themselves... Basically just floral and old school smelling. I would have to guess that this "old school smell" would probably just be the smell of "American genetics," since I was raised on Mexican brick. There aren't a whole lot of visible trichomes coating the surface like with Golden Tiger. But when you break it up with your fingers it's sticky. The trikes are there after all.

The flavor from the vapor is very nice and floral. Unique, in my experience. Doesn't taste like brick weed joints used to taste. But I'm all vape now, and never vaped mexi brick, so I guess I can't make a flavor comparison. The vapor is a little thinner than the GT gives me, and that's deceptive, because I always want to load up another bowl after the first one fizzles out... but then a few minutes later the high settles in and I'm good. No need to finish packing that second bowl.

It's a very comfortable and relaxing high, much like the description says (unsurprisingly). My eyelids get droopy, there's a pleasant sense of well-being, and my thought patterns are a little sped up, but overall it's a calm and relaxing high. I could easily take a nap on this if I wanted, but it isn't going to force me to take one. That's actually exactly what I need right now since I'm all out of indicas.

I'll try to do a better report in a few weeks. :tiphat:

IjHXLzS.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
eOsWhP8.jpg

Here's an example of the average sized cola from my grow. Nice size for only 400 watts! This is without any manicuring, by the way... All I've done is pull off the fan leaves. The smells are starting to jump out at me... Starting to get whiffs of fuel, and also some kind of aroma that reminds me of haze. The high is getting more complex by the day, too.