What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

HarleyJammer

Veteran
The lab linked above has a fairly comprehensive set of numbers. While not conclusive by any means, at least there's a base-line. None of the complaints about the TGA seed-lines contained anything by which to quantify that opinion. There were no test numbers, and no comparisons to other seed-lines from other breeders.

I dont need a cannabinoid profile to know potent weed when i have grown and smoked TGA strains for close to two years. I dont keep my JTR around because it knocks my pecker in the dirt - so far this strain consistantly alleviates my WED pain. The purple Ripped Bubba i have is pretty to look at and is sugar coated as all get out but just does not deliver the goods. Again i dont need a lab report to say that. I have nothing to prove. It is what it is.

Heusinomics

Seriously. Where are all the other weed nerds?!

Iv been growing for 15yrs and Chernobyl blows away 99% of the strains iv run. Which is a lot! Very heavy hitting for a sativa and super frosted!

Sub does say he prefs a sativa stone. Which in my younger days of growing I simply didn't find as potent or enjoyable. Wile as I mature I find I seek out sati's almost exclusively. So maby it's just preference not potency.

However I do think the keeper test says a lot! Even tho I'm not big on lemon strains, the Chernobyl is a keeper in my garden.

G

Gr33nSanta

I am not ditching TGA, I am simply asking for results on CBD content from pennywise from home growers because so far I am not seeing the 70% of the females will have high 1:1 cbd thc ratio. I have not tested mine yet.

Anyway, otherwise I always got decent results with tga except nanners, my spacebomb was the one strain I was very pleased with for taste, aroma and potency, not for yield though!!

SativaBreather

Veteran
hmmm not a good thread for TGA. Had considered a few of their strains more than once before joining here. Glad I never spent the dough on em now.

G

Gr33nSanta

their weed is very flavourful and still high quality genetic, spacebomb is probably my favourite weed to smoke. I am not growing it right now because I created a new generation of spacebomb using 1 male and 1 female out of a pack of 2. The seeds I made seem to yield even less...

So anyway I am taking a brake from growing spacebomb but I do have a spacebombxchemo plant (spacechemo) I have been growing that one for a long time now, similar spacebomb smell in the jar, tons of trichs on the leaves so great for hash and it yields much much better than spacebomb. The chemo bring in a nice funk.

sahdgrower

hmmm not a good thread for TGA. Had considered a few of their strains more than once before joining here. Glad I never spent the dough on em now.

Don't despair. There is hope yet. My Vortex will be done in April and I will put up results of actual lifetime stoner smoke report. My plants look promising, shitload of budsites. Check it, 21 days into 12/12

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've only grown Chernobyl (my new fav strain), but have smoked jilly bean & vortex as well and chernobyl is the most potent of those 3, followed closely by vortex and jilly bean was very mild.

Chernobyl and vortex both have killer smells.

I liked the smell of jilly bean flowers, but one buddy had a jar full of kief and it smelt like someone ate a bunch of sweet tarts and vomited them back into the jar.

L

lemongrove

Sub and I don't share the same priorities when it comes to smoking mj. I'm ALL about the quality of the high. I don't really care about the taste or the appearance of my weed. It seems that I'm in the minority because I see smoke reports by growers and descriptions by breeders about their own strains and all they talk about is the appearance and the flavor.
I frankly don't understand this whole kind of, what I think, is the superficial aspects of pot. The flavor of weed, for me, lasts about ten seconds and once I grind up my weed the appearance is gone; so all that is left is what I was after in the first place and that's the high.
What I want from my high is to be functional, enjoyable and spiritual. If any fails in those respects then I don't want it. Some others might want some kind of candy tasting, pretty looking, mild high weed.
I've smoked some of Sub's Flav that looked great and I absolutely loved the taste. The high for me was pleasant and would be something that I'd consider to have around if I was looking for a mild high. It isn't a fav. but it is good.
I grew out a pack of his Apollo and I really didn't enjoy that high at all. I found it kind of confusing and actually depressing. I've had his Plushberry and it was ok. It looked like it was well grown, the taste was ok and the high was also ok. I bought a quarter and I let it cure for a month before I smoked it just to be sure it got a good cure. It was ok.
If a breeder doesn't share my priorities and isn't looking first and foremost for the best quality high as possible, then I won't run his gear. If I was looking for something to smoke frequently, all day long, then I'd look for something mild, pretty and sweet. Is he breeding for his wife? Just sayin'.

RoadRash

Hey all,

Quick question. Why is it that TGAs gear just does not do it in the potency department for me and a lot of people I know?

I think there is an element of subjectivity in judging Marijuana.

I don't mean that people are flakey about implementing 'judging criteria'.

What I mean is, different cannabis hits different people differently.

The first time I ever had Diesel was at a dispensary in the lower Haight in SF. This was when they still allowed people to smoke at the dispensaries.

By looking at it, slathered in resin, visible trichomes x 1 million, well it looked great.

It didn't get me high. I might have got a gram. I didn't finish it.

It would of course be good to shine light on our personal Cannabis preferences by using analytical chem hardware to measure cannabinoids. I would love to know, for example, why I liked "Playdough Rom" back in 2004 so much. If I could have sent it to a lab - for $15, not $150 - I probably would have.

There's no doubt that "bag appeal" has something to do with the effect that people get when using the herb. But, this situation only goes so far ... .

"Set and setting" ( your location and your mental state ) do have an impact on all drug experiences, but in the case of weed ... it's "put up or shut up".

One reason for this is that smell and sparkle exist independently of potency.

Wild ditch weed, when deprived of pollination, will get all sparkly, and smell nice, but usually will have no effect whatsoever.

The same goes for home-grown weed ... it's not the taste or the trichomes that really matter, but what's in the trichs, their balance, and their concentration.

RoadRash

Hammer hits nail.

It is nice to see a civil discussion of a breeder's wares on ICMAG.

Thanks all for your opinions....

Does this mean I get to judge Women's Figure Skating now ? :woohoo:

22nagasu_ringsblog-blogSpan.jpg

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I have some TGA in my signature. I loved the Querkle and his qrazytrain. Currently have and AOS x th flav that is sublime and tasty. But none of them are hard hitters, they are all super tasty and stinky fruity frosty

I like to share them with friends that don't smoke a lot or I will mix a little with some SD to add a different flavor.

Sub has COPD so that might be why he doesn't smoke flowers, but as a breeder...I don't think it looks good when you haven't smoked flowers in years. All he smokes is ice wax. He is very transparent in his quest to breed great, resinous hash plants.

lobsterbush

I grew out half a pack of vortex, all 5 turned out female and pretty damn good and consistent to boot. 4 of the 5 were nearly impossible to distinguish while smoking, nice sweet taste and heady high but pretty mellow in effect.

The fifth girl is cheesy, rotten type smell and has a high that can be a little overwhelming if you take a dab too many or a few extra bong rips. When you hit the sweet spot it is sublime though.

All made excellent extract and quite a bit of it. Unfortunately lost the clones but will be popping the rest of the pack and may check out Chernobyl or timewreck.

browntrout

Veteran
So what is subcool's most flavourful strain?, I've got no issues with someone breeding for flavorful weed over retard weed.

His plushberry really catches my eye with the influence of the black cherry soda, Also what I wouldn't give for a pack of double purple doja....

BT

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
So what is subcool's most flavourful strain?, I've got no issues with someone breeding for flavorful weed over retard weed.

His plushberry really catches my eye with the influence of the black cherry soda, Also what I wouldn't give for a pack of double purple doja....

BT

Everyone I know loves the smell and taste of JillyBean, about 50/50 like the high. Women seem to all like the high, I like something where the high is stronger and so for me Qleaner fits better. I have a very hard time describing the flavor of Qleaner as it seems to change. I know that sounds weird but I mostly vape and it starts off tasting like Mr. Clean or some kind of cleaner smells and then each successive hit tastes different, some cheesy, slightly fruity, chocolate, creamy. Like I said really strange.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Everyone I know loves the smell and taste of JillyBean, about 50/50 like the high. Women seem to all like the high, I like something where the high is stronger and so for me Qleaner fits better. I have a very hard time describing the flavor of Qleaner as it seems to change. I know that sounds weird but I mostly vape and it starts off tasting like Mr. Clean or some kind of cleaner smells and then each successive hit tastes different, some cheesy, slightly fruity, chocolate, creamy. Like I said really strange.

And to be honest I think that Subcool makes his strains for women, his wife being the first one. Fruity flavors, pretty buds, no hard hits...chick weed.

I am not an indica head. I love sativas and chernobyl was ok. It was frosty as can be and had a great flavor but it doesn't compare to anything from ACE or Tom's Haze. To me TGA are watered down strains and there are better alternatives on the market. Just my 2 cents...