What's new

Nigerian Nightmare

Elephunk

Is anyone out there still running NN? I don't even remember the breeder. I have 5 beans left that have been in a freezer for 4+ years. I doubt they are viable. Desperately looking for a source if anyone knows if/where they are still available.

Elephunk

All I can say is don't let them go to waste. Pop them and do a seed run with as many males and females as possible to preserve the genes. You're sitting on an extremely valuable breeding tool. I'm hoping to heck that my beans pop and give me a male and a female so I can run a fresh batch.

Good news, I popped some NN F2's last year that were 4 years old and had better than 50% germ rate (those seeds were stored in a lock box at room temp).

As far as I know, they are not available anymore. The last of my F2's are on the agenda this year for an open pollination.

Rinse

Veteran
Yeah pop'em man its a top outdoor strain from all accounts, reef had some special stuff back in the day.

Elephunk

Nice dude. I'm weary about the beans I have because I put them in the freezer. I'm not sure how well they held up. Granted, they wear in a glass jar with rice and silica packets on the outside filling the entire box (the jar was sealed w/ just the rice). I'm hoping I can keep it alive. I haven't seen any of reefs stuff recently at all.

The reason why I love this strain and has been constantly in the back of my mind is because as Rinse said above, it's an amazing outdoor strain. But in terms of breeding, I have been dying to breed it to a heavy yielding/ potent strain that finishes early itself. Maybe something like the proven AK-47. Once you can isolate and stabilize the early flowering trait in the offspring you have a very special plant.

I'm imagining something that can be kept under 18 hours+ in vegetative indoors to grow to whatever size is needed for your grow site, then you drop the ladies in the ground in April and the plant immediately goes into flower due to the NN's early flower trait. I think it flips into flower in anything under 18 hours of light.

That way you can grow 3ft+ bushes that are finishing by early June and giving you a heavier yield than you would ever get from growing auto flower plants. And not to mention the fact that they would have been bred to better genes and would carry a higher quality smoke than any AF can give.

In addition this opens the possibility to bump multiple staggered harvests leading up until the time when enforcement starts to head up it's seek and destroy campaign hard in august/september. You would have already pulled in multiple harvests on time and could be curing and ready to fill orders for the winter lull.

clearcutter

I loved Nigerian Nightmare outdoors. One of my main strains i grow right now is Nigerian Nightmare x XXXtra Skunk.

Elephunk

imagine, isolate the NN's early flower trait with a good sativa so you can veg it up to a decent size and get it into flower as soon as it's transplanted in April. Then have it finish by august/september if you have a secure outdoor or greenhouse in northern latitudes where frost is an issue as well as having green flowers while everything else outside is dead and brown.

Hi Folks,

I have some brand new, and fresh, Nigerian Nightmare seeds from the Reeferman in Canada. I plan on running off a large batch of NN seeds off this winter and I also plan on crossing it with 2 other outdoor strains. One cross will be NN x BC Pinewarp( a huge Canadian producer) and one cross will be NN x Boss Hogg. I have high expectations.

We start cloning for outdoor planting at the end of april and plant outdoors mid June. We like to have everything finished off by the 3rd week of September at the latest. What type of harvest could I expect out of the Nigerian Nightmare itself? Will it produce a comercial yielding crop?

Thanks for any input fellow growers!

POWER to the Flower!

kobracom77

Hey there Phunk.... @Elephunk I ran into your topic while searching for this strain...

Reeferman (Charles) used to live just down the road from me...I have something you may be interested in hearing...I also have intensive knowledge of her... I was going to try and PM you, but can't find a way to do it. So I am doing this instead. I hope you get this...If you are interested in what I am putting down, you can get hold of me on here, and I will get back to you...No matter how late you may get it (if ever)....

Kind Regards,

Latest posts

Latest posts