What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Matanuska Thunderfuck lineage

Oregonism

I first heard the term thunderfuck in mid 9os.
My good friend in Bend, the sheriffs son, lived off and on in Fairbanks. He would bring some back every once in awhile and it was true one hit quit, but it always reminded me of something I couldnt put my finger on until later experiences....NL or Nl5/haze x nl1
Tanana valley is often left out....Tang was also the supposed name of the biker cut that was brought up.......if there is any truth in that direction....

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
I have grown mtf or what the original grower had called mtf... after losing that strain and growing different plants over the years I have decided whatever I had that was called mtf was so relation to an O.G. mine kind of smelled like lime Skittles. It was tart. The structure was long internodes and golf ball style nugs. The original growers female had seeded herself and I had a bag with these seeds in it. Whatever it was I liked it. We whole heartedly called it mtf. Does anyone else think mtf and OG are related? That's my story. Sorry to add to the confusion. Sure would be nice to see some pictures!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I first heard the term thunderfuck in mid 9os.
My good friend in Bend, the sheriffs son, lived off and on in Fairbanks. He would bring some back every once in awhile and it was true one hit quit, but it always reminded me of something I couldnt put my finger on until later experiences....NL or Nl5/haze x nl1
Tanana valley is often left out....Tang was also the supposed name of the biker cut that was brought up.......if there is any truth in that direction....

Tange was indeed a cut from the Tanana valley...and maybe bikers got ahold of it at some point, but it was just a cut from a family in Delta jct...spread to Fairbanks...I usually don't pay attn to stories regarding her because she is never mentioned by anyone who didn't first read about it on the earlier mtf threads I mentioned it in...most alaskans never heard of her...but the "legend" of tange is purely an icmag phenomenon...BUT...there has always been a big Delta/Fairbanks/Bend connection, so it's nice to hear it from someone who probably actually heard of it IRL!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have grown mtf or what the original grower had called mtf... after losing that strain and growing different plants over the years I have decided whatever I had that was called mtf was so relation to an O.G. mine kind of smelled like lime Skittles. It was tart. The structure was long internodes and golf ball style nugs. The original growers female had seeded herself and I had a bag with these seeds in it. Whatever it was I liked it. We whole heartedly called it mtf. Does anyone else think mtf and OG are related? That's my story. Sorry to add to the confusion. Sure would be nice to see some pictures!
If what the grower had as an MTF cut resembled og in any way shape or form, it was not any of the many many cuts from Alaska that were called mtf...

M

moose eater

Tange was indeed a cut from the Tanana valley...and maybe bikers got ahold of it at some point, but it was just a cut from a family in Delta jct...spread to Fairbanks...I usually don't pay attn to stories regarding her because she is never mentioned by anyone who didn't first read about it on the earlier mtf threads I mentioned it in...most alaskans never heard of her...but the "legend" of tange is purely an icmag phenomenon...BUT...there has always been a big Delta/Fairbanks/Bend connection, so it's nice to hear it from someone who probably actually heard of it IRL!

Over a decade ago, there was what was purported to be Tange growing and sold in the weed-friendly burg of Talkeetna/Sunshine.

Happy Times

FWIW The ATF I did from Bros. Grimm around 2000 wasn’t OG Kush like

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over a decade ago, there was what was purported to be Tange growing and sold in the weed-friendly burg of Talkeetna/Sunshine.

Wouldn't surprise me, certainly had enough time. I'm talking early 90s in Delta...maybe late eighties. And we were all going to talkeetna every summer for at least one weekend!! My cousin has moved to southern ak but still growing a blueberry cut from Delta in the eighties.

M

moose eater

I didn't encounter Blueberry until I was in B.C. in the later 90's/early new millennium. Person who had it had grown it such that it was dry and lacked sufficient resin, imo. but it was free..... ;^>)

I was one of those who'd known some folks who'd grown outdoors in greenhouses in the Wasilla area in the 70's, though they'd not referenced their product as MTF.

I had thought there -was- a specific strain called MTF, and had also been told the HA had remaining cuts of the original as of maybe 20 years ago. Reading here that wasn't true. Folk history sometimes lacks accuracy.

There was a fellow from Montana Creek in the early mid-80s, dead now, died poorly and graphically, who had grown some outdoor Indica in logging country in N. California, and was shipping to himself in 5-gal. buckets. Rendezvous would take place at, of all places, Denali Nat'l Park entrance area, mostly winter time. Quiet there then.

The classic Men in Black car visited his drive in Montana Creek one day. So ended another wonderful chapter of some exceptional weed.

Some of the best Indica we ever saw here in that era; at that time, by the lb., $2,500.

Oregonism

Very interesting, someone near and dear to me, mentioned the Tang story seperate from the fairbanks friend. This person was growing fron the 50s onward and only told me this story on my fathers premature death, his son.

Williamvi55

I've heard that it never existed and that all bomb ass weed from Alaska was Nick named ATF or MVTF. The best trick the devil ever pulled off was convincing the world that he didn't exist.....

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
Not trying to add to the confusion but the line that I worked with was called matanuska Tundra Fire.
Has anybody heard of this?

Latest posts

Latest posts