Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !!

Thread Title Search
THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2007, 12:39 AM #21
frankdrebin

frankdrebin is on a distinguished road
Can i warm extruder in boiler so i can get exact temperature for hash making?
frankdrebin is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2007, 03:26 AM #22
josh420

josh420 is on a distinguished road
both are very good ideas sweet hash
josh420 is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2007, 06:27 AM #23
sugabear_II

sugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nice
Arrow

well I gotta warn everyone that these clay extruders can be broken fairly easily if you don't follow pipedreams directions and well I broke my first one - be careful and don't overturn it at first - you'll be able to tighten it more after you warm it up - anyways so I went and got another - and pressed some 74 micron bubble hash I had been saving - three different strains

really got some stickyness going on these after heating and had a little leakage

sugabear_II is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2007, 07:36 AM #24
cooked cook
bake at 420 until nicely toasted

cooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nicecooked cook is just really nice
excellent thread!
I'll be hunting for the coupon this weekend, and off to get my new discount hash press this week.
This press will nicely compliment the silkscreen I make drysift with, that I got at Michael's with the coupon as well.
Thank you, Michaeal's... supporters of the hashy crafts!

cc-hashtronaut

Old 02-06-2007, 08:19 PM #25
sugabear_II

sugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nicesugabear_II is just really nice
a couple of pictures from last nights' sifting session - this was made from the trim of a trainwreck plant - all dry sift...

and after pressing

now that's what I call a chunk of hash!

Old 02-07-2007, 09:28 AM #26
Relapse

Relapse will become famous soon enough
I had the worlds hardest time finding this (didn't know there was a michaels next to me) I went to like 6 different stores, including unfourtunatly Walmart (which I had previously never been in before, I actually started feeling sick) I asked the arts and crafts lady at walmart and she told me to check Michaels and I instantly found it for $30, kinda bummer at first but then the lady gave me 40% off she said I had a nice smile lol. Looking forward to making hash tomorrow. Thanks for this man.
Relapse is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2007, 04:14 PM #27
Kaibe

Kaibe is on a distinguished road
Great press, beats Space Case

Pipedream, thanks for being so resourceful and passing the idea along... Michael's does stock them for $30 bucks and you can ask the clerk for a 40% off one item coupon if you don't have one. So, roughly $20 bucks out the door. I had a Space Case press, paid $30 bucks, and it is junk compared to this; hard to tighten and get product out when done. The handle on this unit allows you to really torque down on the kif to make a tight hash block. I advise you not use too much heat to "cure" your hash; it tends to overly dry lesser quality kif and I find makes it less tasty/ fragrant and more crumbly when broken-up to smoke. Instead, use pressure over time and very little heat. I press my kif in the unit and let it set in a warm place for a day or so, periodically snugging the handle a bit to apply slightly more pressure; leaves you with a tight shiny piece of hash with a more creamy interior. Any ideas other than the dime to make imprints?
Kaibe is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2007, 04:36 PM #28
Farmer John
A humble dirt farmer

Farmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of lightFarmer John is a glorious beacon of light
Damn thats awesome I gotta go get one!!! Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!
Farmer John is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2007, 06:17 PM #29
sugabear_II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibe
Pipedream, thanks for being so resourceful and passing the idea along... Michael's does stock them for $30 bucks and you can ask the clerk for a 40% off one item coupon if you don't have one. So, roughly $20 bucks out the door. I had a Space Case press, paid $30 bucks, and it is junk compared to this; hard to tighten and get product out when done. The handle on this unit allows you to really torque down on the kif to make a tight hash block. I advise you not use too much heat to "cure" your hash; it tends to overly dry lesser quality kif and I find makes it less tasty/ fragrant and more crumbly when broken-up to smoke. Instead, use pressure over time and very little heat. I press my kif in the unit and let it set in a warm place for a day or so, periodically snugging the handle a bit to apply slightly more pressure; leaves you with a tight shiny piece of hash with a more creamy interior. Any ideas other than the dime to make imprints?
great advice kaibe - I find you don't need much heat with the kief but I'll have to try it without the heat at all.

I have also used some of the shapes that come with the press to make imprints - like the piece above - I did the tiny hole one and then next to the hash did the half circle one and it left a raised half circle on the finished piece of hash. Other than that I did look at the store for some metal letters or something to use to make another imprint but didn't find anything suitable.
I think another really cool option would be to cut a small piece of gold leaf into a letter or something and put that in the press so you end up with a piece of gold leaf embedded into the surface of the hash. Only concern I had was trying to get it off the hash for smokeing - but I kinda think it would be ok - the gold shouldn't burn, right?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:03 PM #30
Chiefsmokingbud
Slap-A-Ho tribe

Chiefsmokingbud is just really niceChiefsmokingbud is just really niceChiefsmokingbud is just really niceChiefsmokingbud is just really niceChiefsmokingbud is just really niceChiefsmokingbud is just really niceChiefsmokingbud is just really niceChiefsmokingbud is just really niceChiefsmokingbud is just really niceChiefsmokingbud is just really nice
Good pure kief shouldn't need any heat. if you find having to add heat it means there's a fair amount of stalks and contaminents. The puck in my avatar was made with a "space case like" press which is actually better then space case. I had a space case press and i hated it. I always had problems getting the pucks out and it was hard to get a good hold on it to get some torc. I used a small plastic star like the glow in the dark ones you put on the ceiling to make the impression. I'm gonna have to make a run to Michaels and try this thing out...great idea.

~~~Big buds and MoNsTer colas~~~

Butane honey oil for dummies
~~Pain free hash making made easy~~
Chiefsmokingbud is offline Quote