What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

ocanabis

Hi Pepes

Just wanted to say reguarding the Spinners that they work great.I have 2 in my small aero cloner that I had posted a page or 2 back.I've been using them for quite some time now and rarely had one fail.The key is to run a high enough pump to get them to spin fast thus creating a very fine spray.I had even taken a picture (Which is in my posting) and their spining so fast you can barley see the spray.You really have to look closely at the pic.

Any way thats my 2 cents worth.I know,I know it doesn't add up to much lol.
Later
Ocanabis :joint:

KingRalph

snowdog it runs 24/7. plug n play err wait :)

damn skippy G, can't argue with roots can we hehe

ocanabis alrighty, i have seen folks get success with the spinners all the time, so yeah, if someone can only get the spinners instead of the sprayers, then they oughtta go for 'em. like ya say, needs a bit more pressure for fast spin/long throw/good mist so fewer spinners than sprayers... the balance between few enough for good pressure and enough for good coverage is cloudy though... i haven't fiddled with them so i wouldn't know what power pump or how many spinners for a large scale system, i've only seen them like yours and in 5gal buckets ;) sure is better than nothin though! thanks for sharin a successful alternative mister.

ah cmon Harry... a lil sawin, a couple drill holes, some hand screwin n you're in action! like G says ya can do it without a smoke break even it's so quick n easy!

hehe peace all

ocanabis

Hi King Ralph

I guess I should have included this I'm using a Pondmaster magnetic drive pump.It's rate is 190 gph.Fact is I can't believe I don't have root rot cause the water temp is 90 df.I tried runnig an aeroponics system in the past.I'm thinking the pump I was using at the time was under rated.The water droplets were not as fine as this aero cloner.Which brings me to believe it works because of the high volume gph.I think these 2 pics pretty much tells it all.It almost makes me wana set up my old Aeroponics system again except with a larger pump(which I have).
Later
Ocanabis

Last edited:

KingRalph

hey ocan, they look great... ya should def give your aero system another whirl. i've used an aero/nft and it was great, def not fine mist spray but still worked wonders, maybe it was somethin else? an yeah it's great all the oxygen high temps aren't much of a worry :) good luck with the aero setup man

gonna snag round 2 of cuts later, i'm gonna try to get rootin time down... will let yas know if i come up with anythin useful... peace n green thumbs all

KingRalph

at 2wks there were roots a couple feet long it was crazy, hope i don't have to leave them in there that long again... 1wk to transplant is great, round 2 tonight... btw i'm ditching the netpots as roots got entangled so instead of cutting them and they sometimes fall in if i'm messin round, i'm just doin all hot glue holders :p peace folks

G

I just cut the bottom half of the pot's off. I didn't have a problem after that. You might want to give it a try King. No need to waste the net pots. Love the thread and lots of info.
Take care all,
BG

KingRalph

yeah G you're right, i prob will to the 10 i have... i just got frustrated with em when i didn't get a chance to cut them like ya mentioned. def a must. edited that into the instructions since it saves the frustration hehe so thanks man. peace an you already know not to work too hard ;)

G

Work hard, lololol. You know i hate to waste anything. I ran into that same problem back with my first unit. I was ripping roots and breaking them. I got alittle upset also. Once you get these units dialed in. Roots form pretty quick and you got to keep a close eye, but you already knew that. That's why i cut the bottom half of the net pots. Then i don't have to worry about roots growing out the bottom of the little slit's. They just grow out a open bottom half once cut. It works out so nice. Glad, everyone is getting so much out of your thread.
Take care,
B to the G, lolol

senseless

i3inary said:
~sauce
during my last hydro store visit i was looking at those 2 sprayers in person and the top sprayer's little head piece is supposed to spin kinda like a lawn sprinkler...i suppose it would work fine but with the 300+ degrees of coverage from the other simple sprayer your gonna be covered pretty damn good...plus the simple green one has no moving parts.....imo keep it simple.

the spinner was also like $1.75 vs $0.30...not worth it to me to have another variable that will prolly break at some point.

i agree

also its harder for the small green sprayers to get clogged because they have a bigger size hole and the water just splashes and deflects off the top piece.

simba

Sleeping Dragon
nice job very informative.. i bet the makers of the retail version are craping now vs there 250+ POS

KingRalph

i just added more spots to it, i think this lid can hold about 50 of the 2" neoprenes and the sprayers cover fine... day 3 shows the onset of bulges hehehe...

G

So are the pumps on 24/7 or do you run a few minutes an hour like w/ a bubbler. I am going to build one of these and save $300. Screw forking over $400 for a 120 EZ.

Thanks King, this thread is an asset to the community!!!

ocanabis

Hey King Ralph

A little while back I posted my Aero Cloner.I had mentioned that I should set up my Aero System and give it another try.Well,I did set it up 2 weeks ago and guess what

Maybe I should start a journal.....
Later
Ocanabis :wave:

G

stinger_489 said:
Can`t beat the old `H` frame

How far is the H from the Stem tip? How long does that sort of development take? what type of water?

Ocanabis -

How did you mount your pump to your rubbermaid?

I built a homemade aero cloner years ago but had problems with the pump. I have been bubble cloning butam ready to go back to aero and need ot buy a new pump and mount it properly this time. Suggestions?

WMB

KingRalph

hey folks sorry for mah absence... my pump is on 24/7 but i think i can get roots faster if it's on 15/15.

benrock that pump would be fine, it's got more gph than my magdrive so of course.

nice ocan! aero really is awesome for all growth, i liek your tubes there, they 4" or 6" diameter?

keep the spray bar about 6" below the stems an you'll get perfect coverage.

good frame stinger, the H works just as well too, anythin works as long as there's spray coverage right :)

WMB - the mag-drive pumps come with a base that the pump slides and clicks into... i hot glued mine to the rubbermaid, but because i lost the base it's permanent. if i had the base,i would hot glue the base and then the pump would still be able to be removed and just click back in when ready... good stuff.

i get roots on most at a week, some later... but once roots start they grow faaaast n need food.

i only add hydroguard to my water and it works perfectly.

i just went to the store n got some pipe insulation for more spots... $3 for a bag of 3' tubes that can make tons of holders! sweet...

thanks for all the input folks, an good luck to all. peace n green thumbs! :smoke: