What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This sh*t is BANANAS

Ok so.. I dont have pics because my phone died, I'll get some later but 100%, i have bananas.
Week 5 of flower. 2 strains, blueberry and giga.
I CANNOT CHOP THESE DOWN, can.not. (I'm crying inside) I have 220 plants. From what I have gathered I may be able to save this... if i can pluck the naners, spray with water as to not spread pollen and all that jazz while I'm doing so and am super on top of this.
My question is, is there ANYTHING else I can do to save this at this point. I am counting on this crop so hard! I am prepared to spend hours doing the tedious work because I am determined.

What other suggestions do you have? Is there any other ways to help this situation. I'm trying not to bang my head on the wall.

ALSO ** it's not the genetics or light leaks or ph etc etc. These past few weeks Ive had to deal with 2 power outages due to storms. Their sleep schedules got all out of wack on 2 occasions. Went in to dark for an hour and then lights back on to soon, lights on then lights off etc.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Is the pollen actually viable? Before you do anything check some buds for forming seeds and make your decision based on that man... had a few go hermi yet the pollen wasn't able to pollinate. Lucky me and hopefully lucky you!

Budsnblunts
Not that it appears.. at least not yet? I just went through and spent a couple hours in there with a spray bottle and tweezers and there was no pollen, also no seeds. Just stupid ass bananas

Heres some pictures for educational purposes lol

Attachments

• 20190109_101848.jpg
    20190109_101848.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190109_101826.jpg
    20190109_101826.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17
That's a lot of plants but inspect them and pick off the sacks. I'v done it but only 18 plants. Maybe an all day job if you don't have help.
You got this.

Ace Rothstein
I've been spending a few hours with them every day and pluckin out what I see, so far so good. They're are defined coming back by the day though so until it's ready to take the crop down I'm in there inspecting, another 2 weeks lol

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
That´s a shame and a huge work load for the next two weeks.
My guess is that you have the reason for that to happen right, so you know what to avoid on your next run.
I also have to deal with power outages every now and then but i try my best not to break the darkness period when that happens. From my experience plants don´t mind a few more hours of darkness but they mind having their lights off period interrupted.
Please be aware that water spraying in late flowering might raise the humidity to undesired levels.
In the past, when having similar issues in late flowering, i would place the affected plants in a corner of my grow area where i would reduce the air flow in order to prevent the pollen from flying around and tweezers were the main tool until i´d finish them.
This said i´ve rarely run over 20 plants, so my opinions might not be useful on a op that size.
Chin up and make the best out of it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Seeds dont appear instantly after pollination so I would even bother pulling bananas if there's only two weeks left. Maybe stop at one week.

Paulo73
Ya I stopped spraying the spray bottle anyways.. it seemed pointless when i can just pluck with tweezers and then dunk the tweezers in a cup of water I move around the room with me

Tychomonolyth
That's good to know! I would rather be safe than sorry so I think I will keep on pluckin until the end

So all in all the blueberry has turned out fine.. some buds are a little messy from all the banana pruning but with that being said they're drying out right now and time will tell

Heres some pictures

There is some fox tailing but irrelevant to bananas

Attachments

• 20190202_183721.jpg
    20190202_183721.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190201_133129.jpg
    20190201_133129.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190201_133640.jpg
    20190201_133640.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 17

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Glad to hear you crossed the finish line. Look at it this way; Now you have a good weed story. ("I had to pick bananas off 200 plants with fucking tweezers for 2 weeks.") lol

On a more serious note, 200 plants warrant a small investment in LED strips and a UPS as insurance against a power outage. You don't have to run all your lights, just enough to mimic good cloud cover plus other emergency stuff.

42-301-690-V01.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts