What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

, 3oz a plant doable?? 600w hps

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Do the tubs have holes in the bottom? Are you measuring your pH in the run off?

If there's no holes on the bottom of the tubs then you won't be able to wash away excess nutes (and as already stated, there's a danger of over watering).

When excess nutes can't run out of the medium then you get toxic nutrient build up and wild swinging of pH. That leaf looks like nute toxicity to me.

Do the tubs have holes in the bottom? Are you measuring your pH in the run off?

If there's no holes on the bottom of the tubs then you won't be able to wash away excess nutes (and as already stated, there's a danger of over watering).

When excess nutes can't run out of the medium then you get toxic nutrient build up and wild swinging of pH. That leaf looks like nute toxicity to me.

Hi friend, no I'm not doing any pH as always thought soil has buffers in to help with that, and yes my tubs have lots of small holes on the bottom for drainage. Maybe these need to be bigger..?. All tho there is quite a lot of them..... And iv only ever fed plain water untill today

Hi friend, no I'm not doing any pH as always thought soil has buffers in to help with that, and yes my tubs have lots of small holes on the bottom for drainage. Maybe these need to be bigger..?. All tho there is quite a lot of them..... And iv only ever fed plain water untill today

Because the soil I got fed for first 4-5 weeks so have basically fed plain water for 9 weeks whilst been in veg.... Until today I feed half bloom nutrients. Thanks for advice mate

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
let them dry out some... how heavy are they after you water compared to now when youre holding it.. allot lighter, water... still heavy, dont... dont have any advice bout deficiencies.. sorry

let them dry out some... how heavy are they after you water compared to now when youre holding it.. allot lighter, water... still heavy, dont... dont have any advice bout deficiencies.. sorry

OK thanks snook thanks for stopping by. And ok will let them have a few days to dry out. They will be pritty hungry as compost I bought fed them for four or five weeks..... And they been in veg nine weeks feed with only plain water so really they have gone weeks without any nutrients in the soil. The only feed they hav had is today half strength bloom nutrients.... So they must have been starving for about 3-4 weeks towards end veg.... If u no what I mean

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
OK thanks snook thanks for stopping by. And ok will let them have a few days to dry out. They will be pritty hungry as compost I bought fed them for four or five weeks..... And they been in veg nine weeks feed with only plain water so really they have gone weeks without any nutrients in the soil. The only feed they hav had is today half strength bloom nutrients.... So they must have been starving for about 3-4 weeks towards end veg.... If u no what I mean
In that case... I'd recommend a week at 1/2 strength and then full strength as the plants will feed like crazy during the flowering phase. Better to stay ahead of the curve. :)

Yeah so u recommend going full strength just after a week? Or sud I do. 3.5ml week 1 then 5ml week 2 then week 3 go full strength 7ml ... I'll be adding pk booster at week 3 at half strength aswell will that be fine?... Or shud i just stick to 5ml since adding the pk

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Yeah so u recommend going full strength just after a week? Or sud I do. 3.5ml week 1 then 5ml week 2 then week 3 go full strength 7ml ... I'll be adding pk booster at week 3 at half strength aswell will that be fine?... Or shud i just stick to 5ml since adding the pk
Dunno! It's your grow. You mention that they have been 9 weeks without feeding. Your question is... How much nutrition did your soil contain and how long will it sustain your plants? Being it's your 1st grow (I admire the caution) but you are over thinking it a bit and, I doubt that your soil is dialed in to support the entire grow cycle. I simply stated which way I would go with the info given :) Here's my feed chart...

Notice the variance in "bio bud", "bio weed" and bio marine. I give them compost tea @ week 2 and 6 of flower (instead of feeding).

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 16
My soil fed the plants for first four, five weeks so I just carryed on feeding plain water till week nine so there was a bit of a big gap at the end of veg were soil had no nutrients they will off been starving bless them. I'm now feeding bloom nutrients half strength.

Iconic bloom 7ml per liter but I'm only using 3.5ml coz still only just a few days into flower... They will definitely still be hungry as only had one feed today with bloom feed

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Spelt that totally wrong haha I blame auto correct ��

You also spelled “spelt” wrong.

Seems your posting a lot of questions that can be answered by reading some basic threads this forum provides. Icmag is a wealth of knowledge, spend time reading and researching... I fear your on the track to becoming a Yummybud or Crush. We don’t want that.

Get a pH pen.

You also spelled “spelt” wrong.

Seems your posting a lot of questions that can be answered by reading some basic thread this forum provides. Icmag is a wealth of knowledge, spend time reading and researching.

Get a pH pen.
Haha OK I'm just a bad speller I hold my hands up 😂... And yeah Iv posted quite a lot just not sure how to work the site properly so thought I'd ask while people were replying to me

Ok guys for yous that are stil interested my first scrog grow my plants seem alot better than they were i will upload some mor pics tomorrow before lights come on

Earache my eye

Ok guys little update not much just few pics, 600w hps will be back in the tent in a day or two this is my 5th day flowering View attachment 479454

View attachment 479455

View attachment 479456

View attachment 479457

View attachment 479458

View attachment 479459

View attachment 479460

They look healthy but very small. 9 weeks veg from seed under a 600 watt they should be much, much bigger by now. I would stick to what you’re feeding them now and leave it there. In soil I wouldn’t use any more than half strength nutrients and be very careful using the pk or you’ll likely burn them. Different in coco or any other medium but soil is soil. If I could offer some advice it would be to run in a 70/30 coco perlite mix and use canna coco at 2.5ml per litre. EC-1.2 PH-5.8. Use something for your root zone health and maybe some sea weed now and then and they’ll be great. Vigorous growth and better yields. With something like you’re doing with the above mentioned nutrients in an optimal environment you should get at least 10 ounces to 1lb.

Latest posts

Latest posts