What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help me decide which seeds to pop first!!

FJ2000

Can I hold off a week?

Can I hold off a week?

I’d really appreciate some insight on the yellowing leaves, this is day 51/52. Could I have used more N in Veg? I’m not really seeing any amber on the top buds and was wondering if holding off a week will completely shut the window? I don’t mind some couchlock but don’t want to go from good to shit.
Much thanks to everyone who’s commented, it really helps to keep me motivated!
FJ

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Eh buds look fine to me. I wouldn't worry about it. I think you'll have a fine harvest in a week or two.

FJ2000

Eh buds look fine to me. I wouldn't worry about it. I think you'll have a fine harvest in a week or two.

Thanks man, I didn’t take the holidays into account when figuring the harvest time. Not trying to stink the house up with relatives hanging around.

FJ2000

Pulled the ripcord

Pulled the ripcord

picture.php

Took the tent down at day 60, has some amber trichomes but not tons. Man did the house stink when I started chopping!!
Lots of popcorn bud for hash but next run Im going to really focus on larger bud development. To many leaves and not enough light.
I will definitely start looking at 4x4s and another fan to run the SolisTek at the full 600watts and air cool the hood.
picture.php

King's Kush (greenhouse)
picture.php

AI

Thanks for hanging and putting up with the shitty pics.
Stay tuned for the final report and the next attempt...as suggested... Seedsman Cheese as well as Seedsman Skunk #1.
FJ

Looks great my man! How did the kingskush turn out? Buddy of mine gifted me some bud and it was pretty strong, instant hit right between the eyes. Good luck with round 2 :tiphat:

FJ2000

Thanks Rico!! The AI yielded a solid 3oz of knockout bud, it was a little more airy then I’d like but it’s cool, all head stash. Nice spicy/sweet aroma and flavor.
The KK still has a little grassy aroma, needs to cure more so I haven’t tried it. The yield sucked at only an Oz per plant but they where jammed up against the sides of the tent and didn’t get as much light as the AI. I was really picky with the flower I kept and ended up 7oz of trim and nice popcorn buds. I made some gummy bears and they kick ass! Used 1 Oz of bud/trim per cup of coconut oil.
I popped 3 Seedsman Cheese 2 exotic seeds lemon candy and 10 Seedsman Skunk #1. Really disappointed with the Skunk.. 6 seeds cracked and only 3 popped up!! The cheese and LC are popped and kicking ass with 2 sets of true leaves after a week.
With winter here I’m having trouble keeping humidity up. Going to focus on environment with this run. Picked up a humitity/temp controller, need to focus on hitting those VPD numbers.
Stay tuned
FJ

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
thanks for sticking with the grow show!
glad to see you got something decent out of your run..

im interested how the Seedsman Cheese turns out next :woohoo:

SGS

FJ2000

im interested how the Seedsman Cheese turns out next :woohoo:

SGS

Thanks SGS!
There seems to be a lot of interest in the cheese. The 3 I popped are going strong, impressive growth!

Now that skunk pack.... i don’t know what the hell was up with that pack.. not a total bust but pretty close. I used the DS TokerMD germination machine https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=172749e and have only 3 seedlings to show for it, and one is a total freak!

The pack was cheap at 20 bucks or something but still a bummer..
I’ve been looking at american seed comapines lately, if all goes realativly well on this run I’ll feel more comfortable spending 100-150 bucks on a pack.
Thanks again!
FJ

FJ2000

Chesse ‘n stuff.......

Chesse ‘n stuff.......

Chugging along in veg....
With this cold weather it’s been to easy to cool the 600MH but a pain to keep the humidity up, it’s always something...
In 1 gallon plastic pots for a week, gonna give it one more week and move into final 2 gallon smart pots. I used 3’s last run and felt it was a bit to big for the veg time.. not all plants had enough roots to really hit them with the nute solution multiple times a day in flower. Gonna really fill up those 2 gallons before switching to autofeed.
FJ

FJ2000

AI/KK gummies

AI/KK gummies

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358862

This dude has some legit recipes for gummies. Made some jumbo bears tonight from some material from the first grow. I’m FRIED off all the little pices i’ve been picking up here and there as I cook. These are lime, Tangy Blackberriy, and Cherry-Limeade. The little bit of citric acid really gets rid of the final little canna taste. I final filtered the oil with a wool substitute maple syrup filter, it gets the tinest crap out. Then a couple washes with water. Used some Potassium Sorbate as a mold inhibitor along with the citric acid and some natural antioxidant, think it’s almond oil dirived., prevents the fats from going rancid. I don’t want to store in the fridge anymore.. we’ll see how it goes.
Peace!
FJ

FJ2000

Do the Nirvana Northern Lights Reg.
I only got one plant out of that 10 pack and it was a male! I tried to run the NL with AI in the last grow but it wasn’t meant to be.
I have a pack of Nirvana’s white widow I’ll probably try next but I’m just gonna focus on getting through the current skunkfest...
It’s stinkings already, I can’t imagine what week 8 is going to bring. After I work in the garden my wife says she can smell what rooms of the house I’ve been in.
Stay tuned....

FJ2000

To seed or not to seed.....

To seed or not to seed.....

So out of the 3 Skunk #1s, I have a male and 2 females. Question is, is it worth it to let it go and open pollinate the female skunk, cheese and lemon candy? The skunks should be pretty stable, in theory, right? I know I’m not breaking any new ground here but think it would be fun to chuck some pollen and have a bunch of seeded bud. If I pick the flowers through out the grow and only leave a couple, will it decrease the likelyhood of tons of seeds?
Thoughts? Waste of time?
Thanks

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Oh man, if you want seeds, I say do it up! That's the next step beyond just growing other peoples genetics, to roll our own. If you don't wanna chuck the pollen now, I'm pretty sure you can store it for almost 2 years in a dry/cool/dark place.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man, if you want seeds, I say do it up! That's the next step beyond just growing other peoples genetics, to roll our own. If you don't wanna chuck the pollen now, I'm pretty sure you can store it for almost 2 years in a dry/cool/dark place.

If properly stored, it can last 5+ years or so.

FJ2000

Thanks for the comments gents, gonna make some seeds! Turns out I had 2 males.. picked the one with stout strong stems and and a classic structure, the floppy one, into the mulch bucket!
I just clipped them pretty hard, so many little suckers to pull off, crazy branching on these sativa hybrids. The stretch has been pretty nuts..probably 100% in 10 days..
I’ll post some pics of the buds when they stack up.