Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Afghan hash making film from 1970

Thread Title Search
Afghan hash making film from 1970 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2017, 03:54 PM #1
HaHaHashish

Afghan hash making film from 1970

"Dry sifting ,hand pressing and purifying hashish in Afganistan 1970"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ZY9cjVjmM

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

This historical film is must see for any dry sifter.
It shows how Afghans made their purest hash. Notice how the mesh screen is always tilted at a 45 degrees and the same resin is re-sifted 3 or 4 times while only using finger taps on the screen. The tilting alters the pore size of the mesh and may encourage resin heads to "roll" down and through the mesh more efficiently. I must try that 45 degree tilted screen technique next time I do some dry sifting.

The last part part shows the resin inside a fine cloth bag that is jiggled up and down so the smaller bits of contaminant will pass through the fine cloth leaving a purer resin inside. They then heat and knead the hash (though, perhaps this is done after the loose resin has been aged?). Check out R.C. Clarke's book "Hashish!"..it's the bible of all things hashish, a must read for all of us who love making hash or just love hashish.

Bizarrely, the last 4 or 5 minutes of the film shows, who I guess are, Peruvian men chewing coca leaves, each one of them has a broken nose.

Last edited by gaiusmarius; 02-02-2018 at 02:30 AM..

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:43 AM #2
HaHaHashish

Here's a bump for this link....definitely see the film for a little historical view of traditional Afghan harvesting, drying, processing and smoking.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:33 AM #3
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Its a shame that there is no commentary on that vid and that the resolution isn't a bit better.....but it is cool as a historical reference.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:11 AM #4
Elmer Bud
Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore

Elmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond repute
G `day HHH

Notice the dust flying off the plants when they cut them down ?
That would be part of the art . Separating the resin from the dirt .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Old 11-10-2017, 11:47 AM #5
HaHaHashish

It might of been a really dry harvest season or during a multi year drought or it's just that dry there every year? The fine dust was separated from the resin in the last step with the up and down ball of resin in a fine cloth (so the dust and other broken up plant matter passes through the fine holes in the cloth and the resin remains) ...the longer the resin is jiggled up and down, the purer the resin will be)

Old 11-10-2017, 11:13 PM #6
Elmer Bud

Elmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond repute
G `day HHH

Afghanistan is a desert .
The cold climate in winter may help harden the resin and make it less sticky . Other wise I don`t understand how the dust can be separated from the resin . Shake and sift all you like if its stuck to the trich it has to be removed . Shaking in the silk bag removes the dust from the trich ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:38 PM #7
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
I've also read that reference about traditional sieving.

Cleaning heads over a 25u screen will net a small pile of waste, just as there is a quantity of fine silt in the bucket post bubble run.
Mikell is online now Quote

Old 11-11-2017, 10:20 PM #8
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
There used to be a fellow here on IC years ago (MRIKO) who was (I think) originally from some place near the general area where the Hindu Kush run through several countries.

We discussed the Pakistani process, and he indicated they buried their trichs/glands in the ground, rolled up inside 'finished' (tanned) goat skins, for six months or more, in an aging/curing process.

I tried to locate him here for other reasons related to finding another older member (Naga_Sadu), several years ago, and couldn't.
--------------------------------------
I use a custom-made automated tumbler wheel inside an epoxy-enamel-sprayed wooden box, with a 25 rpm gear-reduction-drive 115 volt AC motor on a light switch, with what we refer to here as #100 (stainless steel) screen (in a sq. inch, 100 'holes' in the weave in each direction, length and width, within that sq. inch). It's my understanding that a # 120 screen would slightly reduce product, but increase quality.

No pressure is applied to the sieving, other than gravity from matter tumbling inside the wheel. And only higher-end trim is tumbled, springy dry, no pulverizing, and no buds.

Returns have varied from 5% to over 13% of weight of veg matter.

If oily enough, hand-pressing without heating is done. If standard process is used, then heating the steel mold to 170 f., then taking custom-sized-and-taped unscented oven roasting bags with glands, placed in the mold, and placed in a press driven by an 8-ton or 2-ton jack (depending on which one is where at that time).

Nice treats.

Edit: I give the tumbler wheel a 99% lab-grade isopropyl alc. bath, 2-3 times before each use, employing a soft-bristled tooth brush each time to -gently- brush the inside of the wheel with each bathing in the iso.

Last edited by moose eater; 11-11-2017 at 11:12 PM..
moose eater is offline Quote

Old 11-11-2017, 11:47 PM #9
Elmer Bud

G `day ME

Mriko was based in France from what I remember .
Last I saw him post he was saying his health was failing him .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Old 11-12-2017, 01:31 AM #10
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day ME

Mriko was based in France from what I remember .
Last I saw him post he was saying his health was failing him .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
I had thought MRIKO's roots went back to Central Asia.

He was a friend here, or at least friend of friends, and is missed. Sorry to learn of his health issues. I hope he's better. We all travel that circle path; darkness to light and back to darkness.

4 years ago, I'd have been elated to communicate with Naga_Sadu about neurosurgeons in India..'Nother story.

Sorry for the hijack.

Last edited by moose eater; 11-12-2017 at 01:42 AM..
moose eater is offline Quote