What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A5 Backcross v2?

Puday

Hey Karma folks:

Any plans to backcross that a5 haze again? (you should)

Also, any plans to release the a5 bx again in some form?

Last: any smoke reports on her from forum members are welcome.

D3pthCharg3

Hey Karma folks:

A friend and I split a pack I won on a Seedbay auction. He just finished his half, and I got a chance to sample two differnt phenos, a quick and a longer flowering. They both tasted and smelled amazingly alike, and were both quite dense (more so than I anticipated). No fruit in there, thank goodness. Notes of tobacco, garlic, leather, dust, grass clippings, light cat piss...they were quite nice and smoked nice too, with a real up euphoric high. I personally have 3 about to go into flower, and I lost three that were never really finished on account of russet mites a while back. Unfortunately ,no males, so no further crosses will be made in that regard. I will be crossing the 3 ladies to a few of my selected males though, just not the a5bx. (GSOG, HP#7 (kinda like the PHaze), White cherry truffle). All in all I would say my friend's were not keepers, very nice plants, but ultimately not ones for the long haul. Hopefully I find a keeper in my remaining 3 as that's all of em...

D3pthCharg3

Hey Karma folks:

A friend and I split a pack I won on a Seedbay auction. He just finished his half, and I got a chance to sample two differnt phenos, a quick and a longer flowering. They both tasted and smelled amazingly alike, and were both quite dense (more so than I anticipated). No fruit in there, thank goodness. Notes of tobacco, garlic, leather, dust, grass clippings, light cat piss...they were quite nice and smoked nice too, with a real up euphoric high. I personally have 3 about to go into flower, and I lost three that were never really finished on account of russet mites a while back. Unfortunately ,no males, so no further crosses will be made in that regard. I will be crossing the 3 ladies to a few of my selected males though, just not the a5bx. (GSOG, HP#7 (kinda like the PHaze), White cherry truffle). All in all I would say my friend's were not keepers, very nice plants, but ultimately not ones for the long haul. Hopefully I find a keeper in my remaining 3 as that's all of em...

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I think it requires more selection work than they are willing to put into it

Highly unlikely......Karma's one of the very few breeders that does large plant selections. Have you seen any of his recent posts? He's doing big things, with 20,000 plant seed pops.

I would think the reason being for not doing more work with the line , is customer based. Breeders aren't gonna put the time/money into something that's gonna sit around and not sell.

I'm not Karma, so I can't speak for him. My post is pure conjecture anyways. Just had to speak up, as I know Karma does high number plant selections.

soundman

Your absolutely right....you can't speak for him...and anything else is conjecture

You should have been more clear on the "requires more selection work than they are willing to put into it " comment.

It could be misunderstood and thats why folks will come to Karmas defense regarding plant selection. You gotta understand the passion he puts into his work.

Only Karma knows the answer.

D3pthCharg3

I'm not sure if everyone remembers, but these bxs were very hard to get ahold of when they were released. These are/were very coveted in the world of growers/breeders looking for a legendary 'haze' in their lineups. I personally think a worked line would sell well. I can say from my experience that there is some old-school haze magic in there, but who knows how many it will take to find the perfect one...? Personally I wish I got a male...

Personally, I feel this is the best line available at the moment for those seeking that old school haze flavor...better than Chimera's Frankie crosses and the 90s and Haze Freak from CSG, but that's just from my own limited experience, and of course, what I am personally looking for.

D3pthCharg3

This is such an exciting line...I CANNOT wait to see what lies in the future of Karma's MEGA grow. SOOOOO impressive. This is the future now! It's all about selection, right? Maybe a dash of luck...and a little Karma, haha. Keep up the good work Karma and crew, and thanks for bringing the A5 from Europe to my lil corner of the mitten.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Exciting yes... dash of luck yes....selection minimal

Ok. So if you spoke with Karma personally , why all the cloak and dagger in this thread? Why not talk about what info Karma dropped on you. That's what this site is for, and exchange of info, knowledge.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
If you are interested in this line...talk to him yourself...just like I did

Wow ! So basically your saying fuck the community we have here. Great attitude to have. Why even join a site like this ? Just about all of your 11 posts are either talking shit or elitest in nature. Like I said, sharing info is what this place is for.

OP asked a question for himself and the community(that's why he made a thread) . Maybe the least you could do is write a visitor message on OP's wall (cause you can't private message yet) with the info Karma gave you.

soundman

And you need to understand that I just spoke to him on IG, and we spoke of the significant genetic variability in this line. To the point of no two plants being the same. The only misunderstanding, is you not being involved in that conversation

Your post had no mention of you contacting Karma.

Your little jabs are not funny.

I thought I was just clarifying a misunderstanding.

Smart ass!!

antheis

Veteran
man i'd pay good money for legit, viable a5 pollen.
*scratching neck*
"y'all got any of that pollen, man? i only need a gram."

oh and speaking of grams - negroedamas, please go back to there.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Yes!!! I'm moving up in the world. While ago I was called Colombo, and now Sherlock Holmes!!

soundman

Your post had no mention of you contacting Karma.

Your little jabs are not funny.

I thought I was just clarifying a misunderstanding.

Smart ass

Think again, and maybe u will get it right,and for the record he contacted me on IG because of my work on Mango Haze.
Assumptions are like assholes...everybody has got one

Say what you want. I dont want to clog up Karma sub forum with more petty arguments.

See ya.

D3pthCharg3

Well then, let's get back to the business at hand, and drop the arguing.

I just remembered I have a pack of White A5s in the fridge from Seedbay back in the day (lucky day). I think I will use those to find a male in, instead of perhaps the versions using the whitea5 as a male, such as some of Karmas other crosses, Burmese Haze, Cohiba, etc. This will give me [A5 Clone x (A5 Clone White OG)] x A5 Clone x White OG ultimately.

The nugs had a garlicky zest that some hazes have that I personally love. I just am hoping to get a bit more resin coverage on one of the unflowered plants. The nugs lacked the resin coat I know White OG can provide. I've seen those RIDICULOUS White OG shots in the mega warehouse. The White A5s may be where the resin resides too. Exciting stuff...

D3pthCharg3

Mine have been dusted with White Cherry Truffle by Aficionado Estates and The Cube f2 ala Beyond Top Shelf. Seeds on the way, unfortunately I have no A5 male. These should make some nice hybrids. BTW none of mine showed any extreme NLD characteristics: very little stretch, wider leaves and hungry appetites. Lets see if they are done quick too (under 11 wks)....

thefoetus

Mine have been dusted with White Cherry Truffle by Aficionado Estates and The Cube f2 ala Beyond Top Shelf. Seeds on the way, unfortunately I have no A5 male.

Hi D3pthCharg3, how are your White A5 ladies doing? Did you pollinate them all or are you growing sensi?

D3pthCharg3

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm finally getting to finish the last 3 of the pack of these I got off the Bay a few years back. I gotta say:they were all females, sucks if you wanna make f2s, but I'm certainly not complaining for more chances at finding a keeper. All but 1 female was short flowering (under 11 weeks) with dense OG like flowers and little stretch into flowering, some barely doubled. Up until now, all were nice, but nothing super special. We all know how it is with hazes. During veg, one of the last three really had my eye, and nose; it was clearly more resinous (yeah in veg) and more odoriferous than the other two. I'm a few days from harvesting these now and indeed the special one is where it's at! LOUD ASS HAZE, funky raw woody garlic cedar cumin spice from another world, and did I say LOUD. This plant is up there with Death Star and Sour D in the loudness category, but totally different. Its warm, and provocative, and inviting, seductive....it evokes a feeling of being hugged.... fu(king awesome. Thanks Karma! (if you're reading this) AND a huge thank you to the seedbay crew from back in the day that replaced, yes replaced, my seized original winning A5 auction (yeah some customs dude probably got all the males, haha). I'm about to give it a dialed run, oh yeah, all these girls can eat! I unfortunately found that out a little late on this last grow. A5bx#8 responded in KIND - I can't wait to see this lady done perfectly. It even cloned in 4-5 days, champion cloneing abilities. In the end I believe I found a keeper haze, after years of looking....soooooo happy with this plant...so happy. Yeah, she's seeded too with some White Cherry Truffle (for a fruitier purple haze with a much more hybrid feel). [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks to the universal flow for playing things out the way they did, if not for the seizure I wouldn't have gotten THIS seed. [/FONT]Thanks karma, thank you seedbay (yeah boy fuzzy), thank you thankyouthankyouthank.....
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts