What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak Seeds Northern Lights

Home-Grown

Not stinky, no. A stem rub just gave me hints of skunk and anise.

I'm hoping for a good yield. Have to see once she's trimmed as there's lots of leaves.

Only regarding NL from Female Seeds, had a lot more leaves than thought when it came to harvest.
Not a good plant to smoke either.

Keen to hear how you go with Peak Seeds version.

Home-Grown

Going by photo, your NL makes mine look like mower clippings.
It looks like it could smoke ok, bit of glisten is good :)

Home-Grown

Mine was harvested after 65 days 12/12 outside, was ready @63 but I could see it was not going to be special.
Would not match a common skunk in potency.

Looks like I should have went with Peak Seeds.
Just wanted to taste NL for flavour profile,
moving on to other strains now.

S

SandyFantasyman

early consumption report

early consumption report

Last edited:

noknees

I vaped a little of the fresh NL last night and again for W&B today. There's not much aroma or taste yet, I'm told this strain really benefits from a long cure in that regard.

I really like the effect. It's old school couch-lock, which I was seeking, with a warm happy glow. I sat in the recliner for what was supposed to be a moment, and ended up just sitting and enjoying existence for an extended period. No stress, no worries, I was just a happy pile of mush. It's not overwhelming in any way, at least not for a chronic like myself, but very enjoyable.

sounds spot-on for effects, esp for the timing. leave it in the jar a good while for sure. it'll be different down the road. :biggrin:

sounds like she'll go fast from clone too. will also be curious about final weight/density. :tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I vaped a little of the fresh NL last night and again for W&B today. There's not much aroma or taste yet, I'm told this strain really benefits from a long cure in that regard.

I really like the effect. It's old school couch-lock, which I was seeking, with a warm happy glow. I sat in the recliner for what was supposed to be a moment, and ended up just sitting and enjoying existence for an extended period. No stress, no worries, I was just a happy pile of mush. It's not overwhelming in any way, at least not for a chronic like myself, but very enjoyable.
I found the effects to be similar myself.

JustSumTomatoes

Thought I'd report back and add my experience that in fact, a good long cure kicks the potency up a notch. I also noticed this strains effects are more defined and seemingly stronger when it's smoked rather than taken in edibles like I normally do. This isn't the case with most other strains I've tried.

The stone is not as "thick" as found in some of the pure kushes and hashplants. Though it's definitely more of a stone than high, I would consider it more of a couch invitation than a couchlock. You feel warm, happy, and able to move around. The mind is not as clouded either, thinking is actually possible. Probably a good choice for the Indica lover that likes a good stoning but doesn't want to be completely knocked out.

noknees

sounds good, thanks for the heads up! any change or increase in smell/taste after the cure? how is the density?

JustSumTomatoes

The smell and taste became more bland over time, this strain wasn't strong in the odor/taste department even while flowering. Probably would work really well for someone who wanted to grow in the house without it smelling too much like a skunk den. The buds weren't as dense as other Indicas either, more long and stretchy but not airy at all like a Sativa. There is some density in there, just not like super fat squat buds that you might be used to with more pure Afghanis.

JustSumTomatoes

Grew out a single Nl this season. This one displayed more Sativa traits than any that I've grown having thinner leaves and slightly more spear like buds. Now get this, I took it to 11 weeks flowering and it's like 50% clear 25% cloudy, 25% amber trichomes. Anyone else see this before with an Nl? The others I grew before took the stated 8-9 weeks to finish. The smell is the classic juniper/piney Nl odor, but this one has a hint of something a little different than the others... I'd say slightly sweet and a tad grassy. Definitely an interesting pheno and a very hardy one at that. This is also really cool... First Nl that I've grown that was TOTALLY mold resistant. My other plants were wrecked with PM from the constant rain this year and chilly Autumn weather. This one was growing right up beside them and was untouched. I found it interesting that this plant displayed the least amount of stretch of any so far given the characteristics of this Sativa-ish pheno.

Here are some leaf shots as well as front and back of the whole plant..

Attachments

• 20191025_005536.jpg
    20191025_005536.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20191025_005400.jpg
    20191025_005400.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20191025_005437.jpg
    20191025_005437.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20191025_005412.jpg
    20191025_005412.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20191025_005515.jpg
    20191025_005515.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 41

noknees

I took it to 11 weeks flowering and it's like 50% clear 25% cloudy, 25% amber trichomes. Anyone else see this before with an Nl? The others I grew before took the stated 8-9 weeks to finish.

11 weeks is really long. dang. nice to hear yours was tough though

JustSumTomatoes

11 weeks is really long. dang. nice to hear yours was tough though
Thanks! Yeah, I think this one was the exception out of the 2 packs, but it was still a cool pheno to grow. Going to have to be patient on this one... It will probably like a 3 month cure like the others, but I'm sure it will be a unique experience. :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Northern Lights is still a great variety. There’s something solid about it both in growth and experience. My next little indoor grow will be 90% NL1 from a Spanish seed company. Surprisingly, some seed lines are definitely better than others, even after the amount of selection and breeding done on the NL line.

Long may northern lights shine :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Mine are like that. It's the Thai lineage surfacing. Mine are semi autos but just grow forever. Buds are a little airy like a sativa. Great floral smoke. Everyone loves her.