Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Why wooden spoons?

Thread Title Search
Why wooden spoons? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2013, 09:04 PM #21
Arthritis_sucks
The Dude

Arthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant futureArthritis_sucks has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrySiftWizard View Post
So your factual evidence is a bunch of fucking stoners trying to justify if the taste is different between different spoons? Show us the link to this scientific study.... Also, please tell us all right now that you don't eat off metal silverware. Post a picture of your drawer full of disposable plastic stuff. Since you seem to care so much about that type of thing. Right? Yeah, god forbid the taste of the hash be tainted, but fuck it, ima eat off this bitch everyday of my life, LOL. If that's the case, you're already proving that you're not all there to begin with.

Did they do the same batch with 4 different spoons? I doubt it, and even then, that's the most ridiculous 'factual' evidence ever.

Well I guess by your logic, since Smirnoff Vodka tested above Goose and others in a 'blind' test that i'll just pretend it doesn't matter, even though anyone with a palate above 'monkey' could tell the difference.

GS - What thread of yours? The entire first page has nothing but your terrible dry sifting thread.

So no, I haven't watched your videos, since they either don't exist or have fallen so far back in this forum that nobody else cares.

Congrats on that, though.

Somebody show me something other than 'derp derp stoners said so' as scientific evidence.

Also, you still have not answered OP's question. What does a slightly duller edge do that makes the hash better?

Isn't the purpose of making water hash to break up buds and such? So you're being counter productive on purpose, then?

Explain yourself, if you can.
Freedom of speech doesnt give you the right to be a fuq head. If ya got nothing positive to add then i can speak for the whole.........kick rocks!

Oahu Daze episode 1
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288836 Finished

Irie Tiki Farm 2017 Outdoor
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344729

Old school is the new school
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....39#post8386939
Arthritis_sucks is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:04 PM #22
DrySiftWizard
Banned

DrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really nice
It's a very simple question, how come nobody has tried to answer it, yet?

Possibly because there is no evidence (as stated in op)?

Just want to hear a real explanation for why it should matter.
DrySiftWizard is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:29 PM #23
OMGWTFBBQ420

OMGWTFBBQ420 is on a distinguished road
Hey thanks for the responses guys, didn't expect such a flame war though! I appreciate the input. I was just honestly curious about the reasoning regarding the use, it seemed like something people just did without thinking. Makes me think about people's use of spoons to scoop off their bags too, but I guess that's a little different then mixing for 10+ minutes and having the spoon soak in the water.
OMGWTFBBQ420 is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2013, 10:35 PM #24
MJBadger

MJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud ofMJBadger has much to be proud of
Quote:
Just want to hear a real explanation for why it should matter.
It dose`nt , nobody at all on this whole site will be able to tell whether a lump of water hash was mixed with a spoon of wood or metal . It`s just people that think they can . After all you use heat at a temp high enough to burn flesh to smoke the resin so your not gonna get any taste taint .Theory was that as a wooden spoon had softer edges it would not damage the green so much while mixing which is BS . Chlorophyl in excess will taint a mix & that will alter the taste .
Somewhere way back when I had enough bud for water hash I used to use a plaster mixer on electric drill slow speed clamped in a workmate & let it run for 10-15mins . I had true connisears smoke the hash & buy , they were very happy people .

Pink Floyd & good bud will do it for me .

From Guerrilla Grower , one of the nicest guys i have ever met . R.I.P good buddy .
"I get those same deep thought processes when i am good and baked . I have solved the world`s troubles many times from this very chair while smoking some fine herb and exploring the stratosphere in my mind . *grin* . If the goverments would let a handful of die-hard stoners take the reins , i have no doubt the world would be a better , safer place to live ."
MJBadger is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 AM #25
DrySiftWizard
Banned

DrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really nice
Yeah, that's pretty much what i've come to learn over the years as well.

Thanks for chiming in.

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:28 AM #26
Treetroit City
Moderately Super

Treetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivor
When in doubt wrap your wood with a jimmy hat and go to town.

Current Karma OG Test Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Sorry its not chock full with landrace genes... blame joesy
Treetroit City is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2013, 02:50 AM #27
DrySiftWizard
Banned

LOL

Old 11-08-2013, 03:17 AM #28
RB56

RB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to all
Funniest thread I've read in a long time. Crying, laughing.

So putting a spoon in one's mouth is analogous to stirring five gallons of water, ice and weed with that spoon, discarding the vast majority of the material the spoon was in contact with and then consuming what's left by burning, vaporizing or mixing it with something else in terms of being able to detect a taste?

The proposition was presented to buttress a preconceived notion. No one would ever suggest such a thing as a plausible explanation of anything if they approached the question with an open mind. Nothing to do with learning. Bad JuJu.
RB56 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:00 PM #29
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
not sure what up DSW, but you need to chill out. when you start going in to a personal vendetta against another member you are breaking the terms of use as well as screwing up the good vibes. so please rain your self in, people have opinions, sometimes they will be different then yours, thats no reason to hate. Skip has already cleaned up once, now i've done so again, so lets keep it civil and on topic.
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:59 PM #30
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBadger View Post
Somewhere way back when I had enough bud for water hash I used to use a plaster mixer on electric drill slow speed clamped in a workmate & let it run for 10-15mins . I had true connisears smoke the hash & buy , they were very happy people .
that's how we make it...lot easier then hand churning... not a big fan of hash either by water or dry ice, but have 2 sets of bags, n lots of popcorn so we make it. no green , at least that we see on the 1st run, a bit on the 2nd, n when we do a
3rd run, its green .. looks like the moraccan hash of 30-40yrs ago..

but all the hash imo can't touch the stuff we we getting in the late 60's/early 70's.. which is interesting as most would say that the herb today is much stronger, so good shit in...good shit out... better shit in..better shit out... in our estimation this is not so...
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote