What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator

vapor

Veteran
Quick question, does anyone use the same water for each wash? Or is it best to use fresh water and ice each wash with the same material?

Not unless you want as much matter as you can in your bubs? I want the least amount possible. Every pull{all 8 bags} i use fresh clean water in the machine, and dump the old water on my garden or just let it run on the ground{gravity/spiget}. These little tricks are important to getting clean product. I make my own ice in my big deep frezer{10 1 gal containers} Then i wrapp it in a towel and beat it with a harmer. This gives me big chunks that last a long time and lots of snow and little chunks{ice is in your work bag makes better seperation, not too much and not too little}. I fill the machine half way with water add a bunch of ice{you will get the feel to much ice and things dont flow so well} Then i put my work bag in add a few bigger chunks then little chunks and snow. Then 5 or 6 big handfuls of trim and then another layer of big ice chunks and snow and small ice chunks, then 5 or 6 more handfuls of trim and another layer of ice big and small chunks. Basically 3 layers of trim sandwiched between layers of chunky and not chunky ice. fill machine till full{water} set timer for 6 mins on gentle. drain. While i am pulling my first bags i fill the machine with water and top up with ice if it need{let it cool while you pull your bags}. sometimes the second run does not need so much ice but by the third you will. You want to have a towel under your pressing screen so when you scoop your bubs out with a spoon you can set it and let it lose some water before you put it through a metal strainer on cardboard. Put finished bubs in a warm dry place where no cats or dogs can tip it over lol. have fun!

Ps use the work bag to keep machine clean the pumps can get stuckup with old matter//////Good hash boils down to good starting material. After you harvesto take your trim remove big leaves and put in freezer till you make bubs.... I save all the trim from my doobies i roll. I like to do personal trimming while i roll me doobies that stuff after a while if you save it and freeze it makes the best bubs...

Last edited:
been thinking about doing this myself, would allow me to work more material in 1 go, but i worry about blocking up the insides of the washer? theoretically it shouldn't be a problem though. might try it next time. although it will be more work cleaning the machine out after if you don't use the net bag, you will have to scoop out hand fulls of ice and used trim.
havent had any problems, every now and again you may have to agitate the trim to get it fully drained but it hasnt been an issue for me. A year from now after many more runs i may be eating my words however! But from most that i've seen that dont use the zip bag have not had any long term issues. Not that these cheaply made washers won't have issues with long term use. And for anyone wanting a washer just search portable/mini washing machine and you can get one for about 80$ instead of the 200+.

vapor

Veteran
I have had my 20 gal machine for almost 3 years. And just this year maybe 4 or 5 months ago i had to pull out the pump fix some lose wires and clean crap out of the inside of the pump that had build up and i use the work bags inside. So if you are handy just fix it.

zamzia

Veteran
I'll try your method next run vapor. I wanted to see what I got this way for comparison. As you can see it's still very dark. I think I need to improve my collection method and ween out more of the bigger leaves. I let it rehydrate for 15 minutes before I ran the trim through the machine and I did the full 15 minute runs.

vapor

Veteran
15 mins is too long all at once. clean material makes big diff! shorter colder runs makes high qulaity bubs{ a nice scoop in the bong and yeewowza} I have tryd many ways over the years. I like clean bubs not green, green is too much matter/ too much mixing not cold enough etc etc etc. You have to think of it like this. It is what it is, no more no less, green does not mean more hash it means less great quality hash. So it is up to you. . If you like great bubs you will keep trying and learning till you get to where you would like to be good luck!

zamzia

Veteran
Much better results last night. I was really pleased when this little lot came out.

This time I pulled all twigs and bigger leaves from the frozen material. I ended up with 180g (Frozen) material. Did three 6 minute runs, fresh water each time and topped up ice as required.

First run was 250g of frozen trim with everything in it, 3 runs @ 15 minutes each. Night and day difference for me :)

zamzia

Veteran
So now I've got some reasonable looking bubble hash, what's the story with the different grades? Which ones do I bin and which ones do I keep? Are different grades better for different uses?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
have fun finding out brotha :bongsmi:

start in the middle i guess :)

btw, looking much better then the first batch

maybe reduce the first run to 9 mins

zamzia

Veteran
have fun finding out brotha :bongsmi:

start in the middle i guess :)

btw, looking much better then the first batch

maybe reduce the first run to 9 mins

Haha! It's going to be a good weekend then?1 ;)

Yeah, this is a real turn around from what I've pulled EVER! Really happy :) First, and subsequent runs, were all 6 minutes to get these results :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i wouldn't do that, what's the point of separating them by size if you plan to mix them all together. normally 1 size is the king quality wise, why would you put lesser purity back in to the top purity?

zamzia

Veteran
The 120 and the 70 looks the tastiest. I don't have a 45 bag, but I'm checking an 8 bag set out on fleabag which includes a 45 bag :)

True I would keep the highest grade separate but I do like to mix some of the other grades at different ratios for various blends to experiment with flavors and highs. Gives more control than simply using less bags, but I do that too for ease and whatnot. The 73 is usuall my fave depends on the strain of course

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Good thread gaiusmarius :wave:

I recently bought a used Bubbleator B-Quick 3 bag system (220, 70, 38) for $100 :) I really like it! I used a trash can and a 5gal. bucket with the bottom cut off for the bags...

So far my best dry trim hash has come from letting the trim sit (in the wash bag) in the cold water/ice for about 10min before starting anything, then run the machine for 4 and a half minutes and dump into the bags right when its done agitating not letting it rest... That is the best full melt run. Then I do 9min for the 2nd run and 15min for the 3rd and 4th... I use fresh water every run.

I am not going to use the 38 bag anymore...

I made this yesterday afternoon. Its not wet but looks like it is, it is very sticky.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
looking good there, but dont get rid of the 38 bag, you will waste lots of hash if you do. i even have a 25u bag.

think i will make a tutorial video one of these days to really show every detail.