Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator

Thread Title Search
Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 PM #11
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocogroguy View Post
Stellar product by the looks of it. Great work.
cheers man, it looks pretty good after all eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Bloom View Post
Had a chance to sample the goods yet?
it's pretty damn nice if i do say so myself. now that it's nearly dry it looks much better then when it was wet. it's even developed some good flavor. at this stage it's already smokeable and the first and second run of the 73 is fmcd. mind you the domes are small at this stage, but it has a great bubble action, just making small bubbles not those big dome like bubbles you some times get from really clean bubblehash.

quite a strong hit, still a bit damp i think, as there is a definite sizzling of water getting vaped when you are hitting it. so i will leave it to dry in the open a few more days. last thing you want is any kind of mold, hence the small pieces also if you pack it air tight before it's fully dry you will have something like a puddle of oil in the bag after a while, specially if you put it in a warm place like your pocket, hehe.

i wonder does anyone have experience in how much trim can be put in the pillow net bag that comes with the bubbleator, before efficiency gets reduced? so far the 248g trim was the biggest load i did, but i feel it might be ok to add more and still get that trim washed spotlessly clean.
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 PM #12
MMAjay420

MMAjay420 will become famous soon enoughMMAjay420 will become famous soon enough
how many times do you run the trim? and for how long each run?
MMAjay420 is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 PM #13
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
for the first run i only did 9 minutes, second run i went to 12 then 3rd run and 4th at 15 minutes which is the maximum amount of time you can set it for. i only did the 4th run because it was just so easy to do it once more with just the 25 bag to catch everything and the 220 which you always need as the 220 net pillow bags zipper isn't 100% particle proof, some pistil hairs for example make it through and end up looking like it was something to collect on the 220, but as soon as you get a proper look you see it's just pistil hairs and small leaf fragments.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 PM #14
midwestHIGHS

midwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nice
I suggest using a microplane like rize and nikka t does. It allows the hash to be broken up into an almost individual resin head consistency to allow for even drying before the resin starts to melt and trap moisture causing it to darken quickly during and after drying.

Here is a video matt rize just released letting out some of his secrets. Drying in cool room with low humidity in this very fine consistency spread thin over parchment allows the resins to stay in their natural color, retain the most flavor and allows it to dry properly because of all the surface area compared to big clumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xh30XXXC3A rize hash class video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNiSy9JBnbY rize fullmelt dabs and melt shots

Check it out!
midwestHIGHS is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 AM #15
MMAjay420

MMAjay420 will become famous soon enoughMMAjay420 will become famous soon enough
and between each run, how much differnce in yeild did you see?
MMAjay420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 AM #16
gaiusmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestHIGHS View Post
I suggest using a microplane like rize and nikka t does. It allows the hash to be broken up into an almost individual resin head consistency to allow for even drying before the resin starts to melt and trap moisture causing it to darken quickly during and after drying.

Here is a video matt rize just released letting out some of his secrets. Drying in cool room with low humidity in this very fine consistency spread thin over parchment allows the resins to stay in their natural color, retain the most flavor and allows it to dry properly because of all the surface area compared to big clumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xh30XXXC3A rize hash class video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNiSy9JBnbY rize fullmelt dabs and melt shots

Check it out!
yeah the bubbleator actually comes with a big strainer with legs, this is supposed to be for breaking the bubble up into fine crumbs to dry, have heard this before about drying. i do know that pressing it to get the water out is a big no no, so i never like to mess with it too much till it's fully dry. but in the end i like the idea of being able to dry it over nite, so will use the strainer next time to crumble up the resin as finely as possible, should have the same effect as a micro plane, without the friction generated on a micro plane.

anyway thanks for the link, he knows all the tricks. can't wait to make my next batch, it's gonna be a small batch of rreally tasty trim, from cheese x sour amnesia and afghan diesel x sour amnesia. it actually smells good when you open the bag it's so full of trichomes. this should be my tastiest batch so far when i get to it. mean while some pics from the second batch of trim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAjay420 View Post
and between each run, how much differnce in yeild did you see?
the next pics will show you a good yield comparison of the different runs. you will notice that the 3rd and 4th run i used less and less bags.

speaking of temp, it's winter here with a foot and a half of snow everywhere, so all i had to do was turn the radiator off in the kitchen and open the balcony door and the kitchen got cold just like that making the home smashed ice last longer and allowing me to add a bucket of snow to the whole lot lol.

can you tell this is my favorite bag? first run 73

here we have the results from the second round of bubbleator fun, as you can see it's quite worth doing 4 runs, even if the 4th is all collected with a 25 bag it's still won't be scoffed at, you can make some killer brownies, i bet it would even smoke ok in a joint. for the extra few minutes of work it's well worth it. so the top row is the first run, the second row the second run and so on.

and the 73 sitting there to make a nice thin slab, lol. it just looks too cool, even if it will take longer to get fully dry.

till the next time with the cheesehaze and afghanhaze trim. btw i will share the dry yields with you guys as soon as they are fully dry. will be interesting to see what kind of yield one gets from 248g of trim as well as how much from 232 which was the second batch.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 PM #17
gaiusmarius

did my freshest trim today, the cheese x souramnesia and afgd x souramnesia trim, now this will be a tasty batch, the whole kitchen is stinking just from the trim, lol. also seems to be yielding really well. will be breaking the bubble up as fine as possible with a blunt knife, camera batteries reloading so i'll only get pics at the end of this batch, but no worries have 2 more to do till i finally caught up with my trim.

peace out

Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM #18
gaiusmarius

update

Holly crap, that bubbleator is pretty damn impressive for all it's minor faults. the last batch i made with some really clean and trich covered trim and the results are quite amazing, i don't think i ever made such clean bubble before, trichomefarmer agreed 100%, that stuff just puddles and bubbles away for ages, if the pipe is not held flat the puddle of bubbling hash will run to the side, lol. i bet this stuff could be dabbed np, gonna try and get some of this to Amsterdam to share with the 420 crew, hehe.... will try get some good pics next time i have someone here to help out, hard to catch it in action on your own. even though i spread this stuff out really thin and broke id down very small, it all just melted into it's self, lol. it really make a lot of difference having the bubble in the water for only a short time, but also the way the machine works the trim seems to be gentle enough for top quality, but still thorough enough to get everything you can out of your material. just make sure to get a 25 and a 45 and ideally a 120 and 160 on top of the220 and 70 that comes with it and you'll be making incredible hash in no time with this thing. or of course if you have a lot of trim and space, getting a real washing machine would be the best option in the end. you'd need to find one that allows you to set the time the washing cycle should take. as you only need 10 mins or 15 mins max per cycle. the washing machine has more space and it will spin the trim to get most of the water out and through the bubble bags. i still have to do this by hand with the bubbleator and freeze my hands off wringing the bag of trim so the water can run off through the bags. i only do this on the last cycle just to get the last bits of everything. i also add more water to rinse the bag of trim, this helps the yield.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 PM #19
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
sounds great, been after one(washing machine) for ages
peace.
mack.

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM #20
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gaiusmarius again
Awesome!

Stay Safe!
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote