Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Mesh to Micron Conversion Chart

Thread Title Search
Mesh to Micron Conversion Chart Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2013, 11:35 PM #11
LouDog420

Brother gauis... LPI is the same as US Mesh. So 60 LPI = 60 Mesh = 250 microns (u, or actually greek mu) for the top screen. Second screen is ~85 LPI= 85 Mesh = 160 microns...

For the metric measurements (microns), they list the hole size, so the bigger the number the bigger the hole.

For the LPI/mesh numbers, the list the number of lines per inch, so the larger the number, the more mesh threads/inch, and the smaller the holes.

For your across the pond measure with the T and HD... It measure lines per centimeter, so the equivalent should certainly be less than the lpi/us mesh number like psuper stated.

As far as your bubble bags, as an example... 25u, 72u, 120u, 160u, 220u going from smallest to largest... They would seem reversed going with mesh sizes 400+ would be your smallest, 200, 120, 85, 65 (numbers are approximate, but demonstrate the idea)...

As far as your local screen suppliers... If it were me, I'd probably grab the 24HD and 32T from your site you linked if we're talking about DSW's method... 32 is a little bigger than DSW's screen, while 39 is a bit smaller, so tough choice between those two.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:56 AM #12
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
thanks for explaining. had to read twice before it sank in lol.
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2015, 12:25 PM #13
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
I use a EU 43T and a 77T, Polymon they are if I remember correctly a hole size of about 125 microns and 80 microns I use the 43 to collect all the resin and the 77 to clean it up with carding, you can also make a long bag with the 77T and put the resin in it to be cleaned up by holding one end and gently tossing the resin up and down in the bag to make the small dust drop out of the holes in the bag. Works pretty good.
Hole size is determined by threads per inch or centimeter but it also depends on thread diameter size S, T & HD, Small, medium and Heavy Duty, another factor is the amount of open hole size vs area with screen the higher the % of holes the better. We used Nybolt and Polymon both swiss made, we preferred the polymon screens but I think they both worked fine, we use single filament Poly polyester mon Monofilament. I have very big ones, bigger then me that I can sift a lot with very fast.
I use a black sharpie to label all the screens as to what they are as soon as I buy them, as it is easy to mix up unless you have a screen mesh sizer like I have, you hold it over the screen look through the piece of plastic printed with a design you can see through and can tell screen sizes real easy by twisting the plastic guage until the design lines up, you can buy them at screen supply shops I have 2 different brands of them, they work great.
I hope I remembered this correctly?
-SamS

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 04-06-2015 at 03:13 PM..
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:00 PM #14
Ollie

Ollie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really nice
Big up

keep sifiting it
Ollie is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.