Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !!

Thread Title Search
THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2014, 02:07 AM #371
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Bump, because it matters

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:10 AM #372
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Yeah, I'll second that. Talkin' about this thing.

Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2014, 02:21 PM #373
PTDTTLHS

PTDTTLHS will become famous soon enough
Vices, clamps, extruders or heavy weights all do a great job of forming solids. ..but some hashmakers have said that needing to use heat and or pressure to form your dry sift into a solid form is nature's way of telling you that there's way too much contaminant in there. If you can't press your dry sift into hash within 10 seconds of strong twisting thumb pressure into your palm then you are sifting for too long, too aggressively, using the wrong technique and or working with poor quality material.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 PM #374
PTDTTLHS

PTDTTLHS will become famous soon enough
but on the other hand if you dry sift plant material aggressively for a long enough duration to remove a vast majority of the resin you can still, with enough pressure and heat. form the sift into a solid form which is better than most commercial hashes. Seriously though, it's not that hard to make better than 99% of commercial hashes out there, more often than not a joint made out of fan leaves is stronger than most hash for sale!

There's full melt, there's hash that will bubble and further down the scale of purity there's hash that will leave lots of ash..but there's another type of hash that not many people are into that is a sort of a cross between bud and hash. You can make it lots of ways, one way is by dry sifting or tumbling ground bud long enough so almost all of the resin is removed and then pressing it long enough with enough heat to form it into a solid. It won't melt and bubble, but it will still be 2, 3 or more times stronger than the bud it came from (depending on how far you push it)...and like with all hashes, you will be inhaling way less tar to get a more intense high.

In my opinion, from purely a health perspective, bud smoking should be widely discouraged and the use and making of hash in it's various forms should be encouraged.

One point to keep in mind when doing this is to not try and separate the sift into different grades before pressing or the less purer grades won't form a solid, but if you keep the sift in one pile with not excessive amounts of contaminant, it will press together and get you higher and healthier. If the result is crumbly and won't form into a hash, then you need to press longer, use more heat and or allow less contaminant it in...it's all a matter of monitoring your progress by press testing small amounts at a time to know when to stop from going too far, after a few times with the same material, you will know when to stop from experience.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:45 PM #375
ExoticsRus

ExoticsRus has a spectacular aura aboutExoticsRus has a spectacular aura aboutExoticsRus has a spectacular aura aboutExoticsRus has a spectacular aura about
I can't find anything that does oz+ size pucks like I used to get a few years ago . I don't wanna make tons of pucks out of so many grams ... 400 bucks for a press? I wished 150-200 at max :(

Suggestions ?
ExoticsRus is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2018, 04:53 AM #376
eLsydro

eLsydro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsmokingbud View Post
Good pure kief shouldn't need any heat. if you find having to add heat it means there's a fair amount of stalks and contaminents. The puck in my avatar was made with a "space case like" press which is actually better then space case. I had a space case press and i hated it. I always had problems getting the pucks out and it was hard to get a good hold on it to get some torc. I used a small plastic star like the glow in the dark ones you put on the ceiling to make the impression. I'm gonna have to make a run to Michaels and try this thing out...great idea.
Yes, agreed, I can attest to this, straight up Kief doesn’t need any heat, I typically press the Kief leaving in for anywhere from hours to days and works with bubble hash and dry sieve excellent; and a good way to store kif pollen, no heat with certain strains is the way to go, although I do love applying heat to some to get the nice black like the wonderful first example or the wonderful blonde hash everyone loves so much, leaving to cure can lead to nice aged patina ranging based on strain from blonde, amber, dark, to red! At least my experience it’s strain dependent for the most part!
eLsydro is offline Quote

Old 05-01-2018, 11:21 PM #377
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTDTTLHS View Post
but on the other hand if you dry sift plant material aggressively for a long enough duration to remove a vast majority of the resin you can still, with enough pressure and heat. form the sift into a solid form which is better than most commercial hashes. Seriously though, it's not that hard to make better than 99% of commercial hashes out there, more often than not a joint made out of fan leaves is stronger than most hash for sale!

There's full melt, there's hash that will bubble and further down the scale of purity there's hash that will leave lots of ash..but there's another type of hash that not many people are into that is a sort of a cross between bud and hash. You can make it lots of ways, one way is by dry sifting or tumbling ground bud long enough so almost all of the resin is removed and then pressing it long enough with enough heat to form it into a solid. It won't melt and bubble, but it will still be 2, 3 or more times stronger than the bud it came from (depending on how far you push it)...and like with all hashes, you will be inhaling way less tar to get a more intense high.

In my opinion, from purely a health perspective, bud smoking should be widely discouraged and the use and making of hash in it's various forms should be encouraged.

One point to keep in mind when doing this is to not try and separate the sift into different grades before pressing or the less purer grades won't form a solid, but if you keep the sift in one pile with not excessive amounts of contaminant, it will press together and get you higher and healthier. If the result is crumbly and won't form into a hash, then you need to press longer, use more heat and or allow less contaminant it in...it's all a matter of monitoring your progress by press testing small amounts at a time to know when to stop from going too far, after a few times with the same material, you will know when to stop from experience.
unless its really really dry, then it wont clump much either but yes pressing it with your thumb and finger should be enough in theres no green in there

but hash should be 30-70% get a better source