What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sar Hawza purebred (Afghan landrace)

TheMan13

Veteran
I was handed/gifted some Afghan landrace seeds that a combat medic buddy of mine had found and smuggled back from Sar Hawza, Afghanistan while on tour for the US State Department in 2012. He wrote the book "The Strains of War" about about his exploits.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Sar Hawza IBL 10x.jpg
    Sar Hawza IBL 10x.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 32
  • Sar Hawza, Afghanistan_Map Flag.jpg
    Sar Hawza, Afghanistan_Map Flag.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 7-28-18 0313 b.jpg
    7-28-18 0313 b.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_3657.jpg
    100_3657.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Sar Hawza purebred #1 3 weeks.jpg
    Sar Hawza purebred #1 3 weeks.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 22

TheMan13

Veteran
Those seeds were dropped into water at 0313hrs Saturday July 28, 2018, during the longest Blood Moon of this century.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Six days wet:
attachment.php

I have kept the pick female as confirmed by Phylos Bioscience sexing and have named her: Sar Hawza #1 (pictured at 3 weeks)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sar Hawza purebred 6 days wet A.jpg
    Sar Hawza purebred 6 days wet A.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

TheMan13

Veteran
Some pictures from the FOB Gage was working out of at the time and where the seeds were harvested:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 31

TheMan13

Veteran
Gage had did some breeding with these seeds a couple of years ago (2016) producing some F2 seeds that are being ran by a few other members here as well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sar Hawza F2.jpg
    Sar Hawza F2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

TheMan13

Veteran
Did this plant also get added to the Phylos DNA project?
Cool to see another Afghani.

I am working on that as we speak ...

attachment.php

We're still working on the funding, but may know as early as December 3rd. If not, a month or two later.

Attachments

• Phylos Nov 11 18 Sar Hawza #1 b.jpg
    Phylos Nov 11 18 Sar Hawza #1 b.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 30

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
f2's on 11/18/2018 flipped day 46ish

f2's on 11/18/2018 flipped day 46ish

I was gifted a pack of Sar Hawza f2s.....here are my three females. #3 and #9 germinated on 9/30 and #10 on 10/1. #10 is 12.5" today after two days 12/12 cycle initiated. The other two are 14". #10 took a beating and the main stem was severely bent and almost broken but has rebounded quite nice.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bud_Man10

Veteran
No worries, that'll patch itself up in no time. I bust the shit out of mine when supercropping. Great looking plants!

Peace
BM

JetLife175

Veteran
Do you plan on doing an open pollination? I would advise it for preservation sake. The more donors the better.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Do you plan on doing an open pollination? I would advise it for preservation sake. The more donors the better.

Yes, all three females will be pollinated by the four males to make seed stock. After harvesting and getting to sample some smoke from the first round, some selective pollination may happen.

A fan leaf from one of the females

picture.php

These are very easy to please plants for sure....from the start they have only been fed maxi-bloom at minimal rates. Crowded in one tent until today and still happy as can be...no issues.

Mohadib

Veteran
Nice!

When I saw the pictures of your plants, I was instantly reminded of the plants I got from a bunch of seeds I was gifted by an Afghan friend of mine in 2013. They're from a village located near the border bewteen Afghanistan and Pakistan in the Hindu Kush region.

Especially the structure of your plants looks very similar to my plants.

Female:

picture.php

picture.php

Male:
picture.php

picture.php

I'm really curious about the aromas you'll get from them :)