What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MA's 1st recreational pot sales expected to begin this month

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BOSTON (WHDH) - The head of the Cannabis Control Commission said Thursday that recreational marijuana sales in Massachusetts are expected to begin this month.

Commission Chairman Steve Hoffman says sales will likely begin before the next commission meeting on Nov. 29 at three approved retail locations, including Cultivate Holdings in Leicester, New England Treatment Access in Northampton, and Pharmacannis Massachusetts in Wareham.

“I’m still staying away from a specific date forecast but before the next meeting we expect to issue commencement of operation certificates,” he told reporters.

Before the commission grants the certificates, Hoffman says inventory needs to be put into metric and physical inspections must be conducted.

“They’re pretty straightforward steps. They’re in the process,” he said. “We’ve been working with the licensees in terms of getting them trained in metric and helping them get their product inventory into metric. So, we’re getting really close.”

Cultivate Holdings and New England Treatment Access had already been granted licenses by the commission to sell recreational marijuana, while Pharmacannis Massachusetts was approved Thursday.

Gibby’s Garden in Uxbridge, which has a provisional license for a micro-business cultivation and product manufacturing, is still awaiting a full-time retail license.

Massachusetts voters legalized recreational marijuana for adults in November 2016, but sales have been held back for nearly two years because state law requires that all cannabis products be tested for any possible contaminants before they are sold.

CDX Analytics, of Salem, and MCR Labs, of Framingham, have since been approved as independent testing locations.

https://whdh.com/news/really-close-...O0HMLWv5ekQWm-mvxfAcWQboCQSD_RBrKa3STIXGVX-78

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's just hope this is true & things don't stall again
Considering we've been waiting 2 yrs to the day which is god damn ridiculous!!
Either way i could careless about this news since I'm growing my own, they can keep their over priced bud lol
Hopefully some shops will carry a nice selection of clones, about the only thing I'm interested in.

yardgrazer

I think the fact no one wants to be quoted as saying "in 2 weeks" is progress, of a sort. At least they're admitting it's taking forever.

Americangrower

Veteran
Let's just hope this is true & things don't stall again
Considering we've been waiting 2 yrs to the day which is god damn ridiculous!!
Either way i could careless about this news since I'm growing my own, they can keep their over priced bud lol
Hopefully some shops will carry a nice selection of clones, about the only thing I'm interested in.

Just think Colorado has collected a little over $470 mil in the last 2 years.
Good thing Ma doesn't need that money, after all.... roads are in perfect shape, schools are adding programs and Fire/police departments are thriving.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
They should set up a website showing how much all the goofing around has cost and have it constantly counting up.

yardgrazer

I think I saw a figure of $170k per day, but could be misremembering the amount (also, that's well below CO). , take the # with a grain of salt.

ETA: I found the reference, it was $176k per day in tax revenue, but it was someone involved in the original ballot question that said it.

Americangrower

Veteran
This state is stupid. They can't sell anything without it being tested. Wheres the test on cigarettes?

oh wait now they care about our health.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Today is the day for legal weed shops in Mass.

People waiting outside Cultivate since 12:30am.