What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats the strangest thing you have caught while fishing

tact1

Another fishing pole, though it snapped the line, it brought a bit of the pole up first so I saw what it was and went in and got it just to see. It was ruined, left it in there.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
caught an unknown fish today..sort of looked like a grass carp but with bigger mouth ..it was atleast 2 ft long...but grass carp don't eat anything but vegetation/ worms and I got this on big crankbait????.. I should of got pic with cell phone but it was in waterproof case in my rear storage area in kayak..found a flasher small chrome too snagged on tree..yeehaw

al70

Veteran
caught an unknown fish today..sort of looked like a grass carp but with bigger mouth ..it was atleast 2 ft long...but grass carp don't eat anything but vegetation/ worms and I got this on big crankbait????.. I should of got pic with cell phone but it was in waterproof case in my rear storage area in kayak..found a flasher small chrome too snagged on tree..yeehaw

Let's name this fish/species/ sober trout??? Lol,,,,,,,,, goodluck

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
it could of been a really hungry grass carp with a big mouth????..or some invasive species as there is lots of Asians and such here.. and they are known for releasing invasive species to harvest later on...I should of studied the fish more or taken a picture...it was flapping around on the yak and being as it wasn't a trout I just wanted it gone...yeehaw...if it was a grass carp it must of been high or really hungry as they only eat vegetation and this one chomped on my crankbait and had both treble hooks in its mouth..or maybe a unlucky snag as I trolled the crank bait by .. but with the hooks location in mouth it def looked like the fish chomped on the lure like any other predatory fish

armedoldhippy

Veteran
it could of been a really hungry grass carp with a big mouth????..or some invasive species as there is lots of Asians and such here.. and they are known for releasing invasive species to harvest later on...I should of studied the fish more or taken a picture...it was flapping around on the yak and being as it wasn't a trout I just wanted it gone...yeehaw...if it was a grass carp it must of been high or really hungry as they only eat vegetation and this one chomped on my crankbait and had both treble hooks in its mouth..or maybe a unlucky snag as I trolled the crank bait by .. but with the hooks location in mouth it def looked like the fish chomped on the lure like any other predatory fish

maybe a freshwater drum? they will hit anything a bass might eat. i've caught them on plugs, grubs, jigs, crawfish (they LOVE crawfish!) you name it! good to eat, too...

sdd420

Veteran

Check out squawfish maybe?

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Surprisingly they will eat things other than grass...all be it not crankbait size to my knowledge though, by a long shot. Interesting catch...
Only grass carp ive caught was on a fly road with a ant fly. went right for it as it sank down so maybe small bugs are on its diet sometimes or it was a reflex.

And maybe the one you caught was an anomaly...but damn ....on a big crankbait.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAWWWWWW you may have missed a tackle/lure record :laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts