What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1-2-3 Sweet CannaButter

St3ve

I'm curious how this method has no green taste, but doing the same thing with water gives it a green taste? (not talking about wash)

I inferred that when making the butter with water that the water pulls the bad taste out of the leaves and adds it to the butter? Does anyway have first had experience with this?

ZZTops

Veteran
I'm curious how this method has no green taste, but doing the same thing with water gives it a green taste? (not talking about wash)

I inferred that when making the butter with water that the water pulls the bad taste out of the leaves and adds it to the butter? Does anyway have first had experience with this?

Yes you are correct...

Chlorophyll is water soluble and gives the butter that Green Taste, since we're using a solvent we are not pulling the chlorophyll out of our mash...

St3ve

hmm... I make butter every harvey, I just might have to try this out. I mean, its pretty much the same way I make butter, only without boiling it with water AND butter. Thanks for the response

bmaster

hmm... I make butter every harvey, I just might have to try this out. I mean, its pretty much the same way I make butter, only without boiling it with water AND butter. Thanks for the response

I highly recommend this method..its the only way I make butter now

2 Legal Co

Veteran
:biggrin: Baking day today. Cookies...

Yielded a touch over a hundred. Also learned that 'licking the spoon', is an elevating experience. Tomorrow we'll see how the baked portion does.

:biggrin::laughing:

cosmopolita

Here are my cookies . I don't understand why decarb the weed.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=46945&pictureid=1095824"] [/FONT]
3f71905918729d692418fc2617a13c9a_1095825.jpg
[/URL]
[/FONT]

St3ve

.. I don't understand why decarb the weed.

To get the very most out of your weed.

When you make cookies, say you set the oven to 375F for 10 min. Well the inside of the cookies never actually get to that temp, and if they did get somewhat close it wouldn't be for very long at all. Decarbing the weed before hand ensures that it gets fully activated.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Two things I guess.

1. Why do you guys make Ghee...you can buy it at most ethnic food stores....yellow can with green writing here.. Way easier than seperating butter..

2. Can a solvent (butter,coconut oil, olive oil, etc) hold more thc at higher temps? I am sitting on a few lbs of dry White widow sugar trim and popcorn..Plus a couple from the domina and would like to make a few lbs of butter...

Anyone have any hard data on the solubility of THC in the various edible solvents...

ZZTops

Veteran
Two things I guess.

1. Why do you guys make Ghee...you can buy it at most ethnic food stores....yellow can with green writing here.. Way easier than seperating butter..

2. Can a solvent (butter,coconut oil, olive oil, etc) hold more thc at higher temps? I am sitting on a few lbs of dry White widow sugar trim and popcorn..Plus a couple from the domina and would like to make a few lbs of butter...

Anyone have any hard data on the solubility of THC in the various edible solvents...

I like making my own Ghee but store bought would be fine...

Good Question... Wish I knew or had the data, maybe someone in the know will chime in...

I do know the animal fats hold more then the Veg Fats...

but that cloth looked really hot to handle.
I had some cotton gloves under the latex, as well I had allowed it to cool to some degree before the squeeze.
I like the idea of the french press, wonderful to still be learning new things and having ones knowledge base expanded (thanks for the tip)

One question; Do you smoke the cloth after?
LOL
no but what I have done for awhile is I feed my stalks, fan leaves and the mash from the butter to our Berkshire pigs and they seem to like it.
They are also fed a non GMO feed and alot of organic table scraps.

You know the old saying 'you are what you eat', we take that very seriously and are very health conscious.

thanks for checking it out

:dance013:

also in the vid I placed a 'joke prop'
as I pan across the ingredients you'll see a can of 'Bernard Dehydrated Water'
:laughing:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Berkshires at altitude. That oughta be a sight. lol

I just did another batch of cookies, must be a hell of a cook.... tremendous mess anyway.

Yup, licked the bowl as well. :tiphat: I'll find out how the product of my labor came out tomorrow. It'd be rather hard to tell today. :biggrin:

Last edited: