What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nature Lovers' Thread

G

i guess I missed this thread. give me a day, ill go out tomorrow and capture some shots.

Tripco

Backcountry, i wish we had a climate like Sacramento Valley (heh, i was a big supporter of Sacramento Kings too, a few years ago), but we have harsher winters, 'cos there's certain impact from Russia on our climate. We can easily have +20C (70F) or more in january, when warm winds from Egypt and Near East blows, but we had min. temps last 2 years -17-18C (down to 2F, and 0F). Usual min. temps are -12C (10F). We grow red vine grapes, kiwi fruits and fig trees, but my fig trees were severely damaged these two winters.
However, the plant (from my garden) on the picture is defenetly very hardy. It's Geranium macrorrhizum, or, in english, Cranesbill. It is very atractive to bees, as you can see. Picture taken 15 days ago.
pchela___zdravac.jpg

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Tripco-The Sacremento valley is 180 miles long, the northern part(the Redding area) is more what I was talking about, Sacramento its self sits at a very low elevation at the southern tip of the valley, and does indeed stay quite mild year round.

Redding on the other hand can reach 90-110F from March-November, has below freezing temps often through winter(as well as 60-80F days), and often reaches single digit temps. Also, Figs are known to grow Feral in the area, I have enjoyed then fresh off the bushes many a time when visiting the area.

Tripco

Ha, i never thought of that. I always thought that Sac. Valley is only the narrow area around the town. Thanx, Backcountry, i'm very into climate and feral plants data around the world (i'm botany freak).
These pcs are from early May. The first one shows Tamarix pentandra in bloom, and the second one is simply, as the Spaniards say "Tranquilidad".
Both pictures are taken in the city park justa few hundred meters away from my home (i considered option to grow ganja in this park several times, but there's too many kids runing around who loves to smoke it, so i quit the idea)
tamarix_sp..jpg

mozak_na_otavu.jpg

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
These were taken a short walk from my home.

My "sittin" tree. I put my yoga mat in this spot between the trees and sit and think.

Last edited:
G

POMH

I bet you go there alot. I know I sure would. It would take a fire to get me outta that secret spot. Very nice indeed, very relaxing too I bet.

I guess I'll have to get some shots of my place in the country and post em.

G

tagged~

I have some incredible images from where I live,
I'll get them cropped and ready to post tomorrow ;)

70s_PotHead

pieceofmyheart said:
I do, 3 or 4 times a week. Sometimes i'll get a buzz sitting there. Very nice place.

That is a most awsome place, very cool, is there any trout in the stream?, man Id love to have a place like that, enjoy it but cherish it always POMH, cause some of us arent so lucky being stuck in hot, humid, yucky places.

70s :joint:

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Sunrise over the Trinity alps of N. California, 8000'-
77102003_0831_062940AA.JPG

A cool Fungus I found growing in the woods here-
7710fun_guy.JPG

Last edited:

Chaman

Great pics indeed !
Cool & Calm
Chaman

Nothing like nature and her ways....realy is amazing when you take a secound to enjoy it.

Sleepy

Veteran
i was never on 'OG' nor 'CW'...

i do like the colors outside, though!

Lantana...

cool sundowns lately...

moon...

rose...
:sasmokin: