What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Had it with couriers.....

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
So just picked up my 6xbox grow order from the pub across the road.....woke up to find no card through my door so I looked online and apparently it had been signed for. I got a knock on my door from a woman who works at the pub across the road from me telling me they have my delivery......great.
So I walk in the pub and lo and behold there is my order all stacked up with one of the boxes opened on top with a bag of fucking soil in.
I asked if anyone opened a box and they saif they opened one to see who it was for.....despite my address being printed on every single box label....
So now my secrecy is 100% compromised.....had this happen before but it went to the newsagent up the road from me, and that time it was a bag of soil IN NO BOX OR BAG. So he knows what I do now also....
This happened to anyone else and what did you do to calm your paranoia afterwards? I won't lie I'm super pissed off and freaking out a bit now...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
well, everyone knows, you know how word gets around.:comfort:

Can you give the stuff to a trusted friend willing to grow for you both?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
It is best to buy supplies in person. If not legal borrow a car from a non grower or take a cab. If that does not work maybe consider getting into composting and worm farming, which also grows the best herb.

Also buying from small local stores helps local economy instead of online super stores. And you can return broken equipment way easier shopping locally. I have known of several growers mailing back ballast while plants wait for light.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
They know you do what? Just plant some toms n chillis n sell um in the pub in spring for the peoples gardens? Even if you are in a 2 bed apartment. Play the vegan in the pub n tell how your so fucking vegan u dont support big vegan and grow your own vegans.

Adapt and overcome.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Yeah at least it's a pub.

School would be bad or maybe a police department would have been worse.

Always look on the bright side.

W

Water-

if you grow at your house, its better to have stuff shipped to a friends house who does not grow.

That is how you avoid these situations.

A soil delivery does not directly indicate marijuana growing, dont worry.
The police will not investigate.

Posting online that you grow at your house is more likely to bring you trouble

St. Phatty

Sorry for the stress. That might be the worst part.

If you're in Ohio or Indiana, or one of the super-narc-y states, I would not feel comfortable going forward with the grow.

If you're in California Oregon Washington or Colorado, I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like it might be good to keep the plant count down.

Might be a good time to check out some Fem seeds, to help keep the plant count down.

I bet that some of the people who saw it might be curious about who their new grower neighbor is. A way to make a friend, maybe.

In case the situation got around to a Landlord-y type person, I think their main concern is property damage. Besides the normal things like No Mold,

showing extra concern for the real estate tends to score points. Like keeping the grow space & apartment extra spic & span & Clean Freak-itis.