What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Fungus in Compost

TeamnWitTrichs

Hey everyone, so I am going to attempt to innoculate some compost with Beauveria Bassiana. I’m looking to get some good, solid mycelia growth and use it in a compost tea to innoculate my soil in order to keep out unwanted soil pests.

I was thinking taking a couple cups of compost and sprinkling some Botanigard 22WP on top as well as some kelp and alfalfa meal on top of that, then placing that on a seedling mat heater with a cardboard box on top to keep out light.
I’m hoping this will encourage the growth of the Beauveria Bassiana mycelium with the alfalfa and kelp meal as food for the fungus.

I was wondering maybe if anyone knew of a better way to grow the Bassiana Beauveria?:dance013:

EagleWolf

Well, that's interesting. It eats bugs? Pretty neat, from what I'm reading.

Shouldn't you feed it what it infects, though? I'm thinking crab shell and insect frass. Maybe worm castings and dead crickets (bait shop, maybe lizard food?). Should get a lot of white powder. I don't know though, but it doesn't seem like anyone else does either. I hope you figure it out!